News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no chance beating the crows when we will already have two blokes playing who will be on one leg playing their last games.. the odds on neither making it to half time would be pretty short.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Last i checked Fogarty still plays for the crows and kicks our ass every time we play them and im not seeing a reason that would suddenly change

Completely missing the point I was making

If we're good enough to beat the Crows it shouldn't take sacking the coach (or farewell games) to motivate the players. Said coach should be able to do that every week if he's the right man for the job.
Not really, wouldn't be out of the realm for a caretaker coach to provide sugar hit and cause an upset.

It's not like Adelaide are a Geelong 2007 or Essendon 2001. They are fighting for a the lower half of the 8 and we are playing at home. A win against Adelaide doesn't indicate that we are actually a team that should have been fighting for the 8 but had a terrible coach. Could just result in a sugar hit and upset. I mean look at Rhys Shaw, got on a massive run with Roos of 8 or so games only to finish last or second last the following year.

Does Instagram activity indicate that Harley Reid doesn’t want to play for Eagles?

Here we go again. Why does everyone begrudge the number one pick going to the Eagle's? No one raised an eyebrow about North or Carlton with their bounty of number one picks
They were cheering when Carlton ended up with Gibbs, from memory.

Cracked the absolute shits when J.Brown chose to go to Brisbane instead of Carlton(?) from memory also.

I do enjoy the hoo-hah over Ashcroft being unavailable to North yet no mention of how unfair it was to Adelaide that they couldn't take JUH.

"Rules for me but not for thee..."

Holy s**t someone or some thing actually created an article based on people liking Instagram posts

The world we live in huh.

Next you will be telling me that big footy is a source of truth for recruiters
I thought it was click bait and it worked 😜

Breaking News: 18 Year Old Reads Media On Potential Future Employer

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Does Instagram activity indicate that Harley Reid doesn’t want to play for Eagles?

Here we go again. Why does everyone begrudge the number one pick going to the Eagle's? No one raised an eyebrow about North or Carlton with their bounty of number one picks
This is why we must take Harley, stop this billshet draft tampering by media. We need to make a stand not just for ourselves but all non Vic teams. I can't believe the AFL just let it happen. Weak as piss organisation.

Last edited:
Holy s**t someone or some thing actually created an article based on people liking Instagram posts

The world we live in huh.

Next you will be telling me that big footy is a source of truth for recruiters

I have a feeling there will be far worse to come. It's still 18 days until pick 1 is confirmed.

Once that happens, the rhetoric will really ramp up.

Shock-home Syndrome: Why Harley must escape the trap of heading west
Prized talent Harley Reid faces a career where he will miss out on becoming truly great, writes Turd Skidmarks, should he be selected at pick 1 by West Coast. Speaking to "Damo", a proud supporter of all things Victorian, it was identified that no player can be considered as truly great unless they played for a Victorian club.
Harley needs to think about future: Judd
Carlton great Chris Judd has issued likely number 1 pick Harley Reid a warning about joining West Coast. Judd, who also played at West Coast during the infamous drug saga, informed reporter Flaccid Bulgepants that the Eagles "are a big club, with big crowds and big expectations..."
Burger-leaguered: Harley's desperate plea to avoid fate
Tensions surrounding top prospect Harley Reid were highlighted again today as Peanut Member can exclusively report he was spotted having lunch at Carl's Jr - a meal that he will no longer be able to enjoy should West Coast draft him as there are no locations of the chain in WA...

I have a feeling there will be far worse to come. It's still 18 days until pick 1 is confirmed.

Prized talent Harley Reid faces a career where he will miss out on becoming truly great, writes Turd Skidmarks, should he be selected at pick 1 by West Coast. Speaking to "Damo", a proud supporter of all things Victorian, it was identified that no player can be considered as truly great unless they played for a Victorian club.
Carlton great Chris Judd has issued likely number 1 pick Harley Reid a warning about joining West Coast. Judd, who also played at West Coast during the infamous drug saga, informed reporter Flaccid Bulgepants that the Eagles "are a big club, with big crowds and big expectations..."
Tensions surrounding top prospect Harley Reid were highlighted again today as Peanut Member can exclusively report he was spotted having lunch at Carl's Jr - a meal that he will no longer be able to enjoy should West Coast draft him as there are no locations of the chain in WA...
Flaccid Buldgepants is a pretty limp reporter. No hard hitting questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Dylan82 I can confirm you have been appointed as chief football writer for The West Australian. Your portfolio of work was exemplary. Congratulations.

Ignore the media, I can't remember Logan McDonald getting this much of a fluff up for his WAFL performances which were equally impressive.

Vic based AFL media have a vested interest and are going hammer and tongs to highlight the downside of WCE taking Harley and the upside of taking Curtin.

**** em, take Harley unless someone goes nuts with something more than a bag of magic beans.

Ignore the media, I can't remember Logan McDonald getting this much of a fluff up for his WAFL performances which were equally impressive.

Vic based AFL media have a vested interest and are going hammer and tongs to highlight the downside of WCE taking Harley and the upside of taking Curtin.

* em, take Harley unless someone goes nuts with something more than a bag of magic beans.
And they wouldn’t be concentrating on us if Jordan de Goey got off his leash.

Two things I’d like to see happen purely for the media meltdown they’d generate both here and over east :

• Simpson to be retained as senior coach and not sacked which the media are cheerleading for and
• Reid to be taken with the No.1 pick by WCE despite significant, but not compelling, trade offers for it

It would be glorious

And for the (unlikely) cherry on top - ROB to weave some magic and draft Curtin as well after he slides outside the top 5 due to unprovable flight risk rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back