News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They had a good run in the 90s.

They were also pretty competitive under Brad Scott with a relatively uninspiring list for a while there

Things went downhill for them when they gutted their list at the end of 2016 and they haven’t recovered since

I think on the basis of total performances over the past few years that the statement is correct.
But there is the the bits other than straight talent where the Dogs consistently fail.
For decades they have been a club with little ambition, happy to play the odd final or two, maybe get a bit of a run on etc.

They know where they sit in the VFL scheme of things. They've been the underlings to the big Melbourne clubs for a hundred years; taking their pleasure in being better than Fitzroy, North, Saints.
A middling club with middling ambition.

Jon Ralph on the couch saying the eagles rang the Afl to try and reduce the cost of sacking Simpson. This disappoints me if true. He also said Simpson won the game as a big middle finger to the eagles.
I Don’t know why I watch this sheet

Jon Ralph on the couch saying the eagles rang the Afl to try and reduce the cost of sacking Simpson. This disappoints me if true. He also said Simpson won the game as a big middle finger to the eagles.

Could just be doing their due diligence before making a final decision- if they’re going to sack him it’s probably best to know the cost beforehand

May or may not be a factor

What sort of A-hole leaks that convo

Someone needs to start calling out this garbage. According to them Simmo has this crazy ability to impact the results of games at the flick of a switch.

Strange that he’s chosen until now to implement this unprecedented strategy and not at any point during a 16 game losing streak that would have saved his job regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave out a bunch why dont you.

They were also reportedly knocked back as Simmo took pay cuts during covid and they extended with that in mind so AFL house wont discount it.
Also Ralph was pure speculating on why we won.
I don't see it as a middle finger, guy was just doing his job coaching.
If anything the Board put the pressure on the players to respond with all the speculation.

reeks of more Nissie leaks.

reid really shouldn't have to go to such a terrible club. the afl should step in an makes sure he gets to one with a winning culture like the eagles am i doing this right? :p
There's a decent chance we draft McKercher, he loves it in Perth, and it's Reid who ends up going to Tassie on ridiculous coin instead because he's sick of North's crap.

Someone needs to start calling out this garbage. According to them Simmo has this crazy ability to impact the results of games at the flick of a switch.

Strange that he’s chosen until now to implement this unprecedented strategy and not at any point during a 16 game losing streak that would have saved his job regardless.
Spot on mate.

I would've thought Buckley would've at least chimed in and said he's talking shit.
But they all just passively sat there.

Lose and we're tanking.
Win and it's Simmo doing it so we don't get pick one.
Ludicrous.

Spot on mate.

I would've thought Buckley would've at least chimed in and said he's talking s**t.
But they all just passively sat there.

Lose and we're tanking.
Win and it's Simmo doing it so we don't get pick one.
Ludicrous.

Buckley is still insinuating we tanked against the Bombers because in the Dogs game we pushed Allen behind the footy after the CBD. I haven't seen any footage to reflect this or watched the game back yet.

Buckley is still insinuating we tanked against the Bombers because in the Dogs game we pushed Allen behind the footy after the CBD. I haven't seen any footage to reflect this or watched the game back yet.
What's his theory for why we came back from 5 goals down or does that not fit his narrative?

No has mentioned that Lyon basically admitted to draft tampering. What business has he got meeting Harley Reid’s parents other than to benefit the Dees?
Wouldn't be the first time Lyon's been caught 'tampering' where he doesn't belong...

Him and old Kane were taking credit this morning for giving Simpson advice as to how to win a close game with their advice after the Essendon game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back