News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these leaks from the club seem so obviously aimed at benefiting Nisbett - zero doubt they are from him or an ally.

I hope Simmo stays at this point but I would absolutely expect the board to ask the question of the AFL about the tax either way. It would be negligent not to get a proper idea of what they are weighing up in all this.

He backed off of those comments pretty early after phoning Simmo.

I'm not sure about that. On radio this morning he said that tanking was never part of his language but other people connected the dots, then multiple times today he's been part of conversations saying we pushed numbers behind the ball on Sunday which we didn't do in the Bombers game, insinuating that we tried to win this one but didn't try to win the earlier one.

I'm not sure about that. On radio this morning he said that tanking was never part of his language but other people connected the dots, then multiple times today he's been part of conversations saying we pushed numbers behind the ball on Sunday which we didn't do in the Bombers game, insinuating that we tried to win this one but didn't try to win the earlier one.
Reckon I'd trust the premiership coach more than the guy who lost to him.

Did they have an extra behind the ball in '18?

No one has mentioned that Lyon basically admitted to draft tampering. What business has he got meeting Harley Reid’s parents other than to benefit the Dees?

The **** does that tuna-necked campaigner have to do with anything?

He's such a spineless piece of shit, has never properly put himself on the line by taking a coaching title instead choosing the cushie media position and swings in to "advise" Melbourne on what decisions they should make in terms of recruitment like Jack Watts but bears no responsibility for it, bangs his best mate's wife then claims "mental health issues" to avoid being called a scumbag, and now this. Wish he would just **** off.

So ahhh has Simmo told them to go and shove their Ask Simmo segment? Hasn’t been released yet and usually comes out exactly the same time as his live cross with Ryan Daniels on 7 News.

So ahhh has Simmo told them to go and shove their Ask Simmo segment? Hasn’t been released yet and usually comes out exactly the same time as his live cross with Ryan Daniels on 7 News.

Trev sent in a question asking if he would be open to walking away from his contract without pay so Simmo has abandoned the segment

That was ******* atrocious

At least Lloyd brought a modicum of intelligence to the discussion. The rest were just idiots spouting nonsense
With Caro also continuing the Vic narrative that we’ll be happier now that we can take the WA player in the draft.

I honestly can’t wait until the “next big thing” is a draft prospect out of WA and these hypocritical pricks get called out on their views if the kid pulls an Archie Perkins and says they don’t want to leave WA.

Last edited:
They asked for questions so assume it should still come out. Maybe delayed due to question vetting / the Hurn video package they dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The * does that tuna-necked campaigner have to do with anything?

He's such a spineless piece of s**t, has never properly put himself on the line by taking a coaching title instead choosing the cushie media position and swings in to "advise" Melbourne on what decisions they should make in terms of recruitment like Jack Watts but bears no responsibility for it, bangs his best mate's wife then claims "mental health issues" to avoid being called a scumbag, and now this. Wish he would just * off.
Also was the driver of the narrative that Nic Nat was no good just to make himself feel better about Watts.

Sorry but Jesus h Christ that whale is as thick as a plank…..

And then the Cornado arguing against his own argument about coaches controlling results..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This will be unpopular

Didn't think that clip was too bad. The first thing out of Cornes mouth was the most sensible thing I've ever heard him say, and Lloyd made alot of sense.

Hutchisons whole business model is around getting clicks and getting people talking, and Caros Caro.

The point is that they're bending over backwards to talk about anything other than a very good game by a club that's had an incredibly shit season. And in Cornes' case, that bending backwards includes taking an opinion diametrically opposed to the one he spouted two weeks prior.

Also was the driver of the narrative that Nic Nat was no good just to make himself feel better about Watts.

Yep, pretty sure he was the creator of "he doesn't take enough marks around the ground!".

Really dislike the campaigner. (If that wasn't obvious lol)

According to Robbo's article today, Essendon was one of the clubs that asked about Allen who said no.

lol I mean come on, Essendon? I reckon they're further from a premiership than we are.

He also said they were into Yeo along to beef up their midfield along with another '10 clubs'.

It would make sense on Yeo's part to think about leaving. But unless our S&C/medical is really that poor (still a possibility), I don't see how his body survives a full season in the midfield.

He survived like 10 minutes on the weekend.

Love Yeo, but we can't seem to keep on the park, wouldn't begrudge him seeking opportunities elsewhere.
Deserves to play a lot more before he retires.

Yep. Decent second rounder and I think we do the deal.

I mean hell, we should offer to pay his salary and see if we can't bump that up to a first (would have to be a contender).

But if he stays well that's fine too.

So we got no Ask Simmo yesterday.
They did put the call out for questions but didn't do a video.
Wonder if someone told them not to.

Essendons list manager is how should I put this, overly hopeful. I'd suggest he's spoken to managers about roughly 100 players from clubs so far this year.

Essendon need to sign Parish and really want to keep him which is why their hest offer for McKay is lower per year than what Norf have offered.
Classic Dodo, been keeping them well away from a flag for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back