News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we got no Ask Simmo yesterday.
They did put the call out for questions but didn't do a video.
Wonder if someone told them not to.
It is odd that the club hasn't said anything about it, given that the lack of an episode this week could be interpreted a certain way (given the talk about Simmo's future at the moment).

I mean they aren't known for communicating well at the best of times, but as another data point in a pretty tense time for Simmo's future it is at best a coincidence and at worst another portent that something is up.

I am hoping it is as simple as the SM team having a lot to co-ordinate this week with the retirements of players. Bungas had a nice piece go up, now we've got Priddis chatting. They definitely try to sprinkle it out over the week.

Can't imagine someone said hey Steve, don't worry about uploading the Ask Simmo segment this week, we're giving him the ass.

I am hoping it is as simple as the SM team having a lot to co-ordinate this week with the retirements of players. Bungas had a nice piece go up, now we've got Priddis chatting. They definitely try to sprinkle it out over the week.

Can't imagine someone said hey Steve, don't worry about uploading the Ask Simmo segment this week, we're giving him the ass.
Hey Steve, please change the segment title to Ass Simmo this week.

Simmo has to stay as coach he can't get out of it that easily.

I was up all lunch thinking about what we should do to this individual. You know what I think we should do? We make ’em come to work, and we work ’em, and we make ’em sit next to all the people they screwed over. And, and we pay ’em but we make ’em feel like they did something really wrong.

Love Yeo, but we can't seem to keep him on the park, wouldn't begrudge him seeking opportunities elsewhere.
Deserves to play a lot more before he retires.

I’d keep.

His contribution on field and in midfield on Sunday was significant.

Fork trading him - sort out S/C and medical and retain him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whenever the crows lose it is well worth going straight to 5aa for the fallout.. he was well worth it the other night

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When the missus (Crows fan) and I went to games at Footy Park we would drive and I'd insist on 5AA for the ride home if they'd lost. Absolute melt city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry, but does she have any credibility at all???

She works with Duffield so would know whatever he does

Will Schofield said on 6PR it’s possible that Simpson already knows but is keeping it quiet so the focus is on the retiring players rather than him. He did stress that he wasn’t privy to any decision though so it was him guessing

Seems feasible - despite the reception he was getting at training he was reluctant to acknowledge it too much beyond a quiet wave. And the usual Ask Simmo but hasn’t been done even though the call went out for questions

When the missus (Crows fan) and I went to games at Footy Park we would drive and I'd insist on 5AA for the ride home if they'd lost. Absolute melt city.
Somewhere out there is audio from 5AA after our 2006 Prelim win v Adelaide.

It was glorious listening.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

She works with Duffield so would know whatever he does

I actually started to reply to the initial post and then decided against it as I didn't want to be too negative. But it honestly seems like Duffield is giving gigs to work experience level people. First it was that Vic twat that has since been given the boot, and now it's either Eliza Reilly or "Mickey" Barlow. All 3 have been absolutely terrible to the point that I stop listening to the podcast as soon as they come on.

Whether she is right or wrong is a different story altogether.

******* ridiculous how the media are cheerleading norf on to tank the gc game after the treatment we copped after essendon.
The AFL has totally fallen asleep this season.

You've got an AFL employee in Kane, openly advocating for or making accusations of tanking, one minute, and the next telling Reid to draft tamper.

You've got Brady Rawlings saying out loud that the McKay offer better be structured in such a way that they get beginning of R1 compensation.

Lyon talking about meeting Reid's family.

The goal nonsense.

And they still haven't replaced Brad Scott. That AFL transition of power is going swimmingly!

The AFL has totally fallen asleep this season.

You've got an AFL employee in Kane, openly advocating for or making accusations of tanking, one minute, and the next telling Reid to draft tamper.

You've got Brady Rawlings saying out loud that the McKay offer better be structured in such a way that they get beginning of R1 compensation.

Lyon talking about meeting Reid's family.

The goal nonsense.

And they still haven't replaced Brad Scott. That AFL transition of power is going swimmingly!
Because it's the VFL mate. They protect their own.

I actually started to reply to the initial post and then decided against it as I didn't want to be too negative. But it honestly seems like Duffield is giving gigs to work experience level people. First it was that Vic twat that has since been given the boot, and now it's either Eliza Reilly or "Mickey" Barlow. All 3 have been absolutely terrible to the point that I stop listening to the podcast as soon as they come on.

Whether she is right or wrong is a different story altogether.
I reckon Eliza is probably a good journalist but she's a terrible media performer. Duff has always had a soft spot for her.

And Duffield himself is a bit flat on commercial radio. He was much better on his podcast and the ABC.

I reckon Eliza is probably a good journalist but she's a terrible media performer. Duff has always had a soft spot for her.

And Duffield himself is a bit flat on commercial radio. He was much better on his podcast and the ABC.

Yeah like I said I didn't want to come across as a complete campaigner about her but you may be right in regards to where her weakness lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back