News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really new but Mike Sheahan's take on Simmo.

“I’ve got a theory on this, you know I love my theories,” Sheahan said further.

“I think that the West Coast Eagles people decided that ‘Simmo’ is a good man, he’s got success behind him, he’s got credibility and that it’s better to go with Simmo certainly for one more year than put your next best pick in and burn him because the team is so bad.

“What happens if the new bloke comes in, say it was Dean Cox, and they have three bad years - which they certainly could have - that’s the end of Dean Cox.

“There’s the ‘good bloke card’ in footy. In my mind that influences a hell of a lot of decisions.”

Simpson and the Eagles will again be watching on this finals series as they look ahead to a much more fruitful 2024.
Hate this argument so much.

Nicks came in when the Crows were at the start and has now been 4 years without finals* without being under pressure because everyone got they were terrible and it would take time, but it's meant he's been able to be with all their young players their whole time at the club.

* I know

Kane Cornes

@kanecornes
·
5m

I’ll save them the cost of an overseas airfare. Eat better, lean up, hire a personal trainer and train everyday in the 14-week holiday, get treatment from good healthcare professionals, recover. Bring your teammates along. Repeat

Haha he still going

This is what you get when you do no research, have the memory of a goldfish and no interest in doing anything other than taking potshots at clubs you have a vendetta against

It was very well documented that both Yeo and McGovern came back to last preseason in good condition. In fact there were several articles commenting on how the list overall looked as fit as they had for Somme time

That said we still ended up having a higher than acceptable number of soft tissue injuries for reasons I hope the club has identified. I doubt the reason is due to whatever Kornhole is babbling about

Simplistic dickhead that he is

Kane Cornes

@kanecornes
·
5m

I’ll save them the cost of an overseas airfare. Eat better, lean up, hire a personal trainer and train everyday in the 14-week holiday, get treatment from good healthcare professionals, recover. Bring your teammates along. Repeat

Haha he still going

Or we can pay the airfare.

Not every club needs to pull the tarps out every now and again.

Love it.

Trophies, beers ... then extra time? Harry Taylor, Josh Kennedy and the grand final win that wasn’t​

Former Cat Harry Taylor and Eagle Josh Kennedy are both AFL premiership players, but it’s fair to say neither had played in a grand final as crazy and memorable as the Great Northern League grand final that took place in the wild west on Saturday.

Taylor and Kennedy lined up for Northampton against Railways, making their Rams favourites to win the match at Wonthella Oval in Geraldton.
Northampton led all day – until the Railways kicked two goals in 30 seconds to snatch what appeared on the scoreboard to be a one-point lead with less than five minutes remaining.

Harry Taylor saw the funny side of post grand-final celebrations.

Harry Taylor saw the funny side of post grand-final celebrations.

Taylor, who was the league’s leading goalkicker, was not so sure the scoreboard was as accurate as it needed to be. He had noted earlier that a behind he kicked had not been registered, but the game was too frantic to do much.

The Railways grimly hung on until the siren went and their players and supporters celebrated in the usual manner. Fair enough, too. They thought they had clinched their first premiership since 2010.

A trestle table with the trophies and cup was dragged onto the ground and Railways players were seen having the first of what was expected to be many beers while Northampton players slumped on the ground.

But the goal umpires knew the score on the scoreboard was wrong, conferring in the middle of the ground to say the actual result was a tie and extra time would need to be played.

The bewildered players had to regroup somehow amid the mayhem and get their minds back on the job as the commentator said in an understated manner, “there has been a few issues with the scoreboard throughout the day”.

As luck would have it, Northampton rallied to kick the only two goals in extra time to win their first premiership for 19 years.
Taylor joined teammates to celebrate the unbelievable win, leaving his car at the ground overnight so he didn’t have to drive.

He could only laugh when he returned the next day to a typical country football salute, finding the two back tyres of his SUV removed and sitting nicely under each wheel rim for him to reattach to his car, no real harm done.

It was then that his Geelong days kicked back in and Taylor, who along with Kennedy, are among not only the best, but the most likeable, key position players of their era, decided to draw on his Mad Monday experience at the Cats.
Taylor rocked up to the Monday premiership celebrations dressed as a mechanic, carrying a spare tyre and a jack.

Kane Cornes

@kanecornes
·
5m

Haha he still going
he's legit mindbroken by a single offhand comment by simmo ****ing lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane will be unveiling tomorrow night the team with the biggest sooks on social media….

Riveting

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, he mentioned it on sports day this evening.. apparently the club whose supporters have overtaken Richmond and Carlton supporters as the biggest sooks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s going hard, it’s gonna be a long off season , hopefully Port go out in straight sets.

This is what you get when you do no research, have the memory of a goldfish and no interest in doing anything other than taking potshots at clubs you have a vendetta against

It was very well documented that both Yeo and McGovern came back to last preseason in good condition. In fact there were several articles commenting on how the list overall looked as fit as they had for Somme time

That said we still ended up having a higher than acceptable number of soft tissue injuries for reasons I hope the club has identified. I doubt the reason is due to whatever Kornhole is babbling about

Simplistic dickhead that he is
All respect but based on what? from memory there wasn't any tangible evidence (no times, no skinfolds, no houses trained down ala masto). those articles just seemed standard puff piece BS.

If there's one thing kornes knows about its training standards, it's pretty much the only edge he ever had over anyone as a player and was probably the sole reason someone with as little natural talent that he had made it to 300 games. (also probably the reason he goes after it to much, e.g. jake stringer, us, the AFLW fwd from gold coast/hawf)

I'm in his camp on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back