Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Membership 2012 - Speak to the club here PART II (27/04/2012: 45,126)

You should get all the players on the phone one day and ring all members that haven't renewed their membership.

They’ll just get given an earful re membership packages.

We’re down for a reason… a lot of people aren’t happy. The sample I’ve had (I know a couple who didn’t renew) were ropable.

Yeah, but surely most of them wouldn't "give an earful" to Hurls, Paddy or Jobe or Fletch about it?!?!

Get Robinson to go through the phone book demanding they become a member. 5k in a day.

Dean or Mark?

Picked up my Antler package from Windy Hill today.

Very classy set of luggage for my trip to Europe!

Thanks to the Essendon Football Club for the generous prize, for the fan initiative and interaction, and for the friendly service through my dealings with them :thumbsu::)

For years I've found it difficult to be able to go to the football due to work related issues. So for many years the money I would have used for a membership went to a charity subscription instead. I figured they needed the money more than the EFC did.

However over the past year the work situation has changed and I had been looking into getting a membership to go to more games and support the team. Yesterday I bought my first membership after deciding I'm sick of waiting around for my friends who don't care about the football that much and therefore I'll just go to games by myself.

Am looking forward to heading to the Brisbane match and attending a game for the first time as a member!

Oh and the bonus is now I earn more than I did those years ago so the charity does not suffer from the decision.

Picked up my Antler package from Windy Hill today.

Very classy set of luggage for my trip to Europe!

Thanks to the Essendon Football Club for the generous prize, for the fan initiative and interaction, and for the friendly service through my dealings with them :thumbsu::)

What was in the set?

And what colours?

Red and black? :)

Hi everyone,

I have quite a few questions. I recently received a Bronze Home Membership as a birthday gift and just wanted to clarify a few things

- I have a reserved seat at Etihad Stadium, so do I just scan my membership at the gate and go to this seat?

-At the MCG home games I can just scan my membership and go to general admission?

Also, what happens at Etihad games where I wanna bring a mate or two? Can I get access to seats next to them at all?

I'm heading to my first game against the Lions this Saturday so it should be good fun! Thanks in advance for your help :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi everyone,

I have quite a few questions. I recently received a Bronze Home Membership as a birthday gift and just wanted to clarify a few things

- I have a reserved seat at Etihad Stadium, so do I just scan my membership at the gate and go to this seat?

Yes

-At the MCG home games I can just scan my membership and go to general admission?

Yes, though for big games you may want to reserve a seat.

Also, what happens at Etihad games where I wanna bring a mate or two? Can I get access to seats next to them at all?

No. Best you can hope for is putting your seat up for resale and either reserving seats or buying another ticket at the gate with them. Sucks, but there you have it.

bugger... Richmond are ahead of us
thought we'd have a lot more, considering how well we are going

No. Best you can hope for is putting your seat up for resale and either reserving seats or buying another ticket at the gate with them. Sucks, but there you have it.

If this is true, that is a disgrace.

I'm in the same position where I want to sit with a couple of mates which was fine in previous years as you could just enter your barcode when purchasing tickets and be fine.

They forced members to have a reserved seat at etihad yet they are not flexible with seating??

I asked this question also, someone mentioned there is always spare seats up the back if you want to sit with mates,

The system from last year cant work if our membership keeps growing past the 50-60k mark so I guess it makes sense to change it now,

The club knew of these issues when they signed at Dockland, therefore it is their responsibility to limit this mess they've created as much as possible. All Essendon members have been short chained by this decision without an explanation as to why. Furthermore, the situation is further compounded by in-your-face adverts for the Flight Plan. Essendon members have the most expensive memberships out of the Victorian teams, yet this isn't enough seemingly, and is a real backhanded to its supporters and especially members.

The club knew of these issues when they signed at Dockland, therefore it is their responsibility to limit this mess they've created as much as possible. All Essendon members have been short chained by this decision without an explanation as to why. Furthermore, the situation is further compounded by in-your-face adverts for the Flight Plan. Essendon members have the most expensive memberships out of the Victorian teams, yet this isn't enough seemingly, and is a real backhanded to its supporters and especially members.

The last week or so has painted the differences and highlighted the reason for the huge between Essendon (45,000) and Collingwood (71,000) members.

One club has made a genuine effort to act on the vast research of its members in the development of their membership programs. Further, it has established itself to have 150,000 members by offering its non matchgoing supporters a membership product that represents perceived value. It has emailed its supporters this week to get its army around the world to enlist with the club so it can provide them the package they want to belong. It has spent years listening. It is now about to act.

On the other hand, we have put in place programs that make membership probibative. If it has listened it has either misinterpreted the feedback or has said 'stuff em we will take a punt anyway and see how it goes'. Forced reserved seat, no general admission membership option, unable to sit with friends, interstate supporter option of membeship with cost past $100, Country Membership package (5 games) made unavailable to the disgust of the country supporter, no innovation and creativity in the options associated with non match day memberships to make them represent value. No evidence of listening here.

One club is doing it better and is positioning itself to extend their superiority in the product and service it offers its army. Collingwood.

You may suggest this is unfair on the club. Hoever, we all (and hopefully the club) need to critically analyse what has led to the drop in membership this year and the answer is loud and clear: Diminished fan engagement, failure to listen to the supporter base and membership therefore doesn't represent value anymore. From reading the fan engagement thread elswhere, the club has been shocked with the undercurrent of anger and disharmony amongst the supporter base. The membership re structure was the final straw by the sounds of it. We are not winning in membership thats a fact and to present a logical fact based argument that we are, based on all the evidence available, would suggest a head in the sand one eyed view.

With our start to the season we should be on track for 55,000 in 2012. We are going to be 9,000 short.

I suggest the club get its hands on the email sent by Gary Pert this week to members outlining the proposed new membership packages offered to the Magpie army for a little inspiration.

dave10 you raise significant points and I am intrigued as to how the club will react at the end of this year. Will they continue with the direction that they have this year? If so, it signals a long term plan that Docklands will remain our main home ground. I have not been affected by the changes this year as I have been a long-term reserve seat member at Etihad and the 'G. But the changes this year have clearly resulted in some disengagement from fans, as witnessed in this thread. Some big decisions to be made by the club for next year and the future in regards to membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back