Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi EFC_Membership! I have a few questions here for you mate!

I just renewed and upgraded 3 of our memberships. Last year we were all Silver members (home & away), and we've decided to go for the High Mark reserved seat at all games memberships this year. I've paid for the first month on all 3 memberships, are we bonafide High Mark members now? I was under the impression the High Mark's were very popular and only so many of them were given up each year. By getting in early did we manage to do it? :)

Also, because we paid upfront for the memberships last year, we're entitled to a 10% discount while paying our memberships monthly this year. Correct?

Last but not least... what's a good way to figure out where the best seats are in the High Mark area? Should I call and have a chat with one of the people at the club and do they actually know where is good to sit or will they just tell me to sit anywhere they have vacant seats and tell me to be done with it? Need some honest answers on that one! All 3 of us would like to stick together.

Cheers mate!

Yes, you are definitely High Mark members in 2013, I went through and allocated your reserved seats!

Could you please email the club with the details of the other two members you have purchased for or do you want all the memberships to be in your name? We suggest splitting them into the other members names.

Yes, because you have now changed to our Advantage monthly system from paying upfront last year, you will recieve 10% off your membership in 2013.

I have placed your seats all together, the only home seats we had available at Etihad were in Level 2, aisle 47. If you wish to try and obtain better seating, you should fill in a reserved seating request form which is downloadable off our membership page -

http://membership.essendonfc.com.au/forms.html

Yes, you are definitely High Mark members in 2013, I went through and allocated your reserved seats!

Could you please email the club with the details of the other two members you have purchased for or do you want all the memberships to be in your name? We suggest splitting them into the other members names.

Yes, because you have now changed to our Advantage monthly system from paying upfront last year, you will recieve 10% off your membership in 2013.

I have placed your seats all together, the only home seats we had available at Etihad were in Level 2, aisle 47. If you wish to try and obtain better seating, you should fill in a reserved seating request form which is downloadable off our membership page -

http://membership.essendonfc.com.au/forms.html

Thanks for the reply! If that was you who I spoke to on the phone this morning, thanks for helping us get all sorted out! You were very helpful. :)

So if you’re on Advantage payments you don’t have to do anything at all to renew? I’m probably just slow but I couldn’t work out from the mailout, it seemed to say do nothing, but then said to renew by December if you want to keep your seat, and then to do this just login and confirm your details on the website, and also make sure you AFL membership is renewed first (I’m an add-on member). You can’t yet renew AFL memberships for next year.

Also, how are the seating credits from this year applied? Just evenly across all payments? The total of the form included the discount from seat credits, but the monthly amount didn’t.

Also, to be honest a 10% discount for anybody changing to Advantage this year seems pretty unfair. I assume it’s to encourage people to use Advantage, yet those already on it don’t get a discount?

Hi there,

I purchased a 3 game squadron membership for my son a few days ago (yes the bombers are his number one team), just wondering if the pack will be sent out by xmas, was hoping santa would get it to him.

Also your club has great deals for junior members, am very disappointed with my clubs current junior memberships.

Not sure if I'm missing something but the Essendon site says 3,387 members :oops:

Hawks almost 30k.

the%20rock%20driving.jpg

So if you’re on Advantage payments you don’t have to do anything at all to renew? I’m probably just slow but I couldn’t work out from the mailout, it seemed to say do nothing, but then said to renew by December if you want to keep your seat, and then to do this just login and confirm your details on the website, and also make sure you AFL membership is renewed first (I’m an add-on member). You can’t yet renew AFL memberships for next year.

Also, how are the seating credits from this year applied? Just evenly across all payments? The total of the form included the discount from seat credits, but the monthly amount didn’t.

Also, to be honest a 10% discount for anybody changing to Advantage this year seems pretty unfair. I assume it’s to encourage people to use Advantage, yet those already on it don’t get a discount?

If you're on Advantage, nothing needs to be done as your membership will automatically be renewed. That cut off date in December is for members who aren't on Advantage and are required to renew before that date to keep their reserved seats from 2012.

The seat resale credit will be taken off on the first payment on Advantage and then the payments will continue after that as they are. For example, if you pay $33.90 a month and have $30 seat resale credit, that $30 credit will be taken off in the first payment and then the payments will continue after that.

Essendon members are already the best in the league for using payment plans to renew their memberships – we have over 20,000 members who already use Advantage and see the benefit of having their membership (and reserved seat) roll over each year.

As a club, we will all benefit from more people being on these plans as we will see our member numbers grow and our costs decrease. For this to happen we are testing a reward for existing members who switch from ad-hoc payment to Advantage for 2013 only. The idea will be to get these people to do what you (and 20,000 others) are already doing. We’ve tried other offers in the past and haven’t been able to change things, so we’re hoping this one works.

You’ll see us try new things and offers to different groups sometimes to see if we can get more people to buy memberships or use payment plans that help benefit the club – not all of these can be offered to everyone all of the time, but we are certainly looking at how we reward all our members with various offers and rewards throughout the year – stay tuned!

Hi there,

I purchased a 3 game squadron membership for my son a few days ago (yes the bombers are his number one team), just wondering if the pack will be sent out by xmas, was hoping santa would get it to him.

Also your club has great deals for junior members, am very disappointed with my clubs current junior memberships.

Yes, the pack will definitely arrive prior to Christmas if it's already been renewed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're on Advantage, nothing needs to be done as your membership will automatically be renewed. That cut off date in December is for members who aren't on Advantage and are required to renew before that date to keep their reserved seats from 2012.

There are 3 of us on the Advantage, therefore that means we do not have to do anything to "renew" or to keep our current seats and everything will remain the same as 2012?

price lower+ better value for membership = growth

Out of curiosity whats the figure for the amount of essendon supporters in total out there? I'm sure the club would have some idea..?
Millions...

acb30a0b_Rock-The-Wrestler-pics20283229.jpeg

AND MILLIONS

price lower+ better value for membership = growth

Out of curiosity whats the figure for the amount of essendon supporters in total out there? I'm sure the club would have some idea..?
Research from Roy Morgan in 2011 estimated the figure was about 620,000 nationally. 4th highest behind Sydney, Collingwood and Brisbane though obviously getting the one team town aspect for Swans and Lions (supporters also less likely to attend games, more likely to follow league etc). Not sure if there is updated research though and would be interested in what market research the club does.

http://www.roymorganonlinestore.com/News/1424---Swans,-Magpies-and-Lions-have-most-supporte.aspx

Research from Roy Morgan in 2011 estimated the figure was about 620,000 nationally. 4th highest behind Sydney, Collingwood and Brisbane though obviously getting the one team town aspect for Swans and Lions (supporters also less likely to attend games, more likely to follow league etc). Not sure if there is updated research though and would be interested in what market research the club does.

http://www.roymorganonlinestore.com/News/1424---Swans,-Magpies-and-Lions-have-most-supporte.aspx
There are not 800-odd thousand people who support (in any meaningful way) Brisbane footy club, or Sydney - what a joke!

Collingwood, then WCE, then us, then probably Crows. Has been for 10-odd years, will be for a veeery long time yet.

Sydney middle of the pack, Brisbane honestly about 14th-15th.

Got a few questions that perhaps have simple answers that I have missed.

My wife and I are moving to Melbourne in January, and part of the lure across for me was the chance to get bombers memberships.

I got 2 Silver home and away reserved seat memberships for $856 each (or thereabouts)

1) Am I right in thinking that means we get guaranteed seats at every home game and every away game in Melbourne, but not interstate?

2) Are they set seats or are they in set sections?

3)How does seating work for the MCG?

4)Do i need to book seats for things like ANZAC day?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Membership 2013 #whateverittakes - 56,172 RECORD! (Well done to everyone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back