Sydney - Zaharakis
St Kilda - Redden
Bulldogs - Walsh
Geelong - Jetta
Hawthorn - Wright

Discuss....

Since when has Port Melbourne had a pick? ;) :p

Re: Post GF DTM Mock Draft - 2 Round Draft

What a surprise, yet another Phantom draft that manages to get the poster just what he wants at his teams pick.

Rediculous

If Hartlett is at our pick at 9 then we will take him without a shadow of doubt

Thankyou KD, you got in before me. One thing I've learnt in the phantom draft (and I considered Yarran at 9) the supporters want a mid at 9 and if there's a very, very good mid at 9 they would probably take it.

I think you have a pathological obsession with phantom drafts. How many have you done now? 7? 8?

With another 20-25 by draft time you may actually nail one of them.
Cover all Basis, Well I seen People on Other Sites do 20+ Mocks pre-draft

I was waiting for that.

But those 3 are very speculative.

I'd probably only consider both Hill and Walters if we'd taken Rich.
Yeah, I would go Rich first, no way I would risk pick 2 on a ruck no matter how good he is when an A-Grade rover is available. Not very impressed with any ruck in the league at this point, even Cox for all of his dominance doesn't seem to have much of an influence over the performance of the midfield.

Walters at 20 is a good choice, has a terrific work rate for a wing/HF and his smarts going inside 50 are very impressive. Can see a fair bit of Bateman in his style of play, great assist player for the future.

Would prefer a Broadbent/Blease/Robinson/O'keefe at 18 though, Hill I'm not sure about, doesn't seem to have the smarts to hurt the opposition as much as his athletic qualities allow.

Yeah, I would go Rich first, no way I would risk pick 2 on a ruck no matter how good he is when an A-Grade rover is available. Not very impressed with any ruck in the league at this point, even Cox for all of his dominance doesn't seem to have much of an influence over the performance of the midfield.

Walters at 20 is a good choice, has a terrific work rate for a wing/HF and his smarts going inside 50 are very impressive. Can see a fair bit of Bateman in his style of play, great assist player for the future.

Would prefer a Broadbent/Blease/Robinson/O'keefe at 18 though, Hill I'm not sure about, doesn't seem to have the smarts to hurt the opposition as much as his athletic qualities allow.

This is where Naita will be different though LTAM. Did you see the last play of the WAFL GF (we put him into the ruck 1 quarter too late IMO)? Taps down to himself, goes through pack to get ball and delivers the pass down the throat of the leading Notte (who duly missed :eek:). That's what you'll get an attacking ruckman/forward who does influence games.

This is where Naita will be different though LTAM. Did you see the last play of the WAFL GF (we put him into the ruck 1 quarter too late IMO)? Taps down to himself, goes through pack to get ball and delivers the pass down the throat of the leading Notte (who duly missed :eek:). That's what you'll get an attacking ruckman/forward who does influence games.
Thats true, I should change that to I would prefer the pruedent option in Rich rather than the slightly riskier option in Naitanui.

I also saw Naitanui kick indiscriminately a number of times while running with the ball, that worries me.

ahh just quietly.
steele sidebottom not rated in the first 2 rounds..
richmond will take him at 8
anyone else see him getting 26 odd touches and kicking 10 goals in the tac cup final..
not to mention 14 marks and 11 inside 50s.
pure class

If I recall correctly, the play you are talking about is the one where he was playing ruck rover and I think Spaanderman was rucking.

Ahh, you might be right, I thought he was rucking, will have to go back to the tape, no I don't really want to, I can't bear the pain, I'll take your word for it.:D

Thats true, I should change that to I would prefer the pruedent option in Rich rather than the slightly riskier option in Naitanui.

I also saw Naitanui kick indiscriminately a number of times while running with the ball, that worries me.

Ah, the excitement of Naita, you know you're alive when he's got the ball!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn't think that North would take another small forward in Yarran when they had Campbell and Thomas being so successful for them this year..

ahh just quietly.
steele sidebottom not rated in the first 2 rounds..
richmond will take him at 8
anyone else see him getting 26 odd touches and kicking 10 goals in the tac cup final..
not to mention 14 marks and 11 inside 50s.
pure class
He has him at Pick 5.

But that means nothing.

Great, Adelaide will aim for "best available" - like another 12 clubs.

You have just listed a few guys who are likely to be around your picks according to BigFooty.

No recruiting manager in their right mind would start telling all they see who they are keen on. Once the camp comes around you get a bit of an indication about who is keen on who, but I am yet to see a Phantom Draft that matches more than 30% with the real thing.
Yeah alright.. I know its just a phantom draft.
Im just trying to improve it.

Lack of any Rucks Accept for Cox and I have this Feeling Nic Nat going to Eagles for a Very Long Time

I agree with the lack of ruck stocks but I think we will be looking to take a ruck at pick 20 rather than nat at pick 2. Agree with a small forward at #18 (wouldnt have a clue who) but prefer rich at #2 and a ruck at #20.

Re: Top 10 Pick Mock With Explanation

1- J Watts
2- D Rich
3- S Sidebottom
4- N Natanui
5- H Hartlett
6- S Mckernan
7- J Ziebell
8- T Vickery
9- T Swift
10- S Blease

1- J Watts
2- D Rich
3- S Sidebottom
4- N Natanui
5- H Hartlett
6- S Mckernan
7- J Ziebell
8- T Vickery
9- T Swift
10- S Blease

Mate, I always read what you have to say as you have an informed opinion.

Very interesting that you consider Sidebottom worthy of #3 and that you have Tom going at #9.

Very interesting that you consider Sidebottom worthy of #3 and that you have Tom going at #9.

Strangely enough I have this feeling that the Dockers may also pick up either Sidebottom or Rich if they're available.

Harvey has stated that they plan to draft Midfielders, Sidebottom and Rich look like two ready made midfielders.

It really depends on if Fremantle draft on so called "potential" or draft for a more known quantity.

I can't fathom how Sidebottom has risen so much.

I watched the GF and he had a purple patch. The defense he was on was woeful...absolutley woeful. Of his 10 goals, only about two impressed me. I just didn't see what other people are raving about.

I am not saying he is not worth it, but I wish someone could tell me why he will stand out at AFL level. Right now I think he is a big bust waiting to happen.

Thanks for that but I wouldnt be reading into my top 10 too much this year, it was more of a "What I would do if I was in the recruiters position".

I think Swift will be taken at least top 15 as he has so much potential, I would of rated him above Rich before injury. And with Sidebottom I think he would be so valuable to the dockers a speedy mid with great foot skills, although I am biased because Ive loved the way Sidebottom plays since I first watched him play. Also I could see freo using there Warnock pick to get another ruckmen around the 20-25 mark.

Hurley will have to be around the mark may even be at Brisbanes pick as they have delisted guys like Mills who were longer term Backmen, also there backline does lack a bit of genuine size IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged DTM Mock Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back