Message to OZ- IR is over

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what a fuss about nothing. Coaches in the AFL complain about umpires and other team's tactics, phisicality etc. It is what the Irish are doing to try and get an advantage, like citing a player that cops it tough from the umpires (like Judd being tagged).

The series will go ahead, 83 thousand people saw to that.

Let's stop the crass arguements and storeotypical insults and let both parties sought out the issues, if they actually exist.

Your comments merely prove how right it is to end the series. You are totally blind to what actually went on yesterday - to the total partiality of your nominated ref/umpire and to the premeditated taking out of Irelands best players. Thats why, thank God , we will be having nothing more to do with the losiest sportsmen on earth.

In other words... You are a bunch of whinging bitches who are really struggling to cope with getting bent over yet again?

Your comments merely prove how right it is to end the series. You are totally blind to what actually went on yesterday - to the total partiality of your nominated ref/umpire and to the premeditated taking out of Irelands best players. Thats why, thank God , we will be having nothing more to do with the losiest sportsmen on earth.

What a joke, if you came out with comments like this after a loss to the Swans, you would be laughed at for weeks.

Please, end the series! I can't stand anymore of this bleating!

If we wanted to take out Gerrarty or whoever he is, why the heck would we send Pearce on the mission?!?! It was a tackle ffs.

Never hear any comment about your blokes obvious dirty acts either, do we. Just a way to back out after being made to look pathetic. Losiest on earth? Australia would beat Ireland at anything we cared to take our hand to. How many Rugby World cups have you guys won? You would even be smashed by the Socceroos!

Nicky Brennan, President of the GAA has just been interviewed on Irish Radio main news programme. He said that the scenes seen yesterday were a disgrace and that one side and one side only were responsible.

Sounds like he's as much a moron as you are.

Are you that blind and stupid that you fail to see your players played as dirty as ours? What about that DOG kicking Campbell Brown?

That is so typically Irish, and I can say that, as I am of Irish descent. Blame everyone else and refuse to take ANY responsibility for your own actions. Find somebody to pin your hate on.

You're acting like children.

You're English right ?

When u win its all gravy...when u lose u whine like a biatch to whoever might listen.

Its a nothing game that is just a playtime junket and excuse for an off-season roady....but if u are going to play it u play to win....eventually the Irish may catch on to this theory about winning at something.

From what i saw there wasnt much in it...the odd scrap and a cpl of suspect tackles that wouldnt be a blip on the radar of a rugby international....in rugby they'd call it a "good hard testmatch with a softening up period early on". Hardly anything unusual.

Not important if its played again...but if it isnt we'll always remember the little softies running around crying and whinging about 1 qtr of hard play in 8 qtrs of gametime.

Its no wonder the world see's the Irish as soft. Embarassing and shameful display of whinging. Wear skirts next time.

Mods, can we get rid of, or at least merge, these stupid threads?

I'm sick to death of hearing about the dumb IR and how evil Australians are for giving back what the Irish started dishing out.

What a joke, if you came out with comments like this after a loss to the Swans, you would be laughed at for weeks.

Please, end the series! I can't stand anymore of this bleating!

If we wanted to take out Gerrarty or whoever he is, why the heck would we send Pearce on the mission?!?! It was a tackle ffs.

Never hear any comment about your blokes obvious dirty acts either, do we. Just a way to back out after being made to look pathetic. Losiest on earth? Australia would beat Ireland at anything we cared to take our hand to. How many Rugby World cups have you guys won? You would even be smashed by the Socceroos!

I agree

to quote Kevin Sheedy, "Every time Australia win, the series is coming to an end. Unbelievable. You're the greatest conmen I've ever met."

Starting to agree with what everyone is saying. Why bother putting up with whinging Irish. FFS, if a tackle from a skinny kid is consider deliberate hit, they should put on some skirts and play netball instead. We should move on and scrap this series, let them play pansyball by themselves.

Nicky Brennan, President of the GAA has just been interviewed on Irish Radio main news programme. He said that the scenes seen yesterday were a disgrace and that one side and one side only were responsible. He said the series is hanging by the slimest of treads and was asked directly did he feel the series was over. He said that there were procedures to go through but that his personal view and that of other leading GAA figures were that it was over.

Brennan played Hurling to the highest level and is no 'soft' man so when he says its over - its over.

Having long been a supporter of IR after yesterday I have to argee with him.
Our concepts of what is sporting and fairplay are just too far apart.

Most of us dont want IR either ... but not because its violent, mind you most of the gutless sniping in this series came from your guys ... head butts ... knees in heads and backs etc. I didnt watch the first game - but nothing Australia did in the second was outside of the rules - although I'd imagine headbutting is outside of the rules in most games. OR can you actually name incedents that we went over the line in ?

So how 'bout you pack up your shalalee and piss off. Your coach is a whining gutter dweller and obviously cant take losing.

The true disgrace of all of this is that it does not happen in AFL ie the fights and sniping. Why, cos the penalties would see players rubbed out for months.

The Irish are amateurs, are not where near as strong and yet we have to resort to strong arm tactics to win. Typical Sheedy, whenever he has been under the pump he has resorted to violence. The day Sheedy was appointed condemned the series to death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The true disgrace of all of this is that it does not happen in AFL ie the fights and sniping. Why, cos the penalties would see players rubbed out for months.

The Irish are amateurs, are not where near as strong and yet we have to resort to strong arm tactics to win. Typical Sheedy, whenever he has been under the pump he has resorted to violence. The day Sheedy was appointed condemned the series to death.

Whatever Linda, did you actually watch either match? I don't think you did, just a good reason to wheel out your hatred of Sheedy.

After last year, the Irish wanted to get some back at home, no doubt about it. In the first match, they were the instigators, they were the ones pushing us about, niggling and whatnot. Second game comes around and things escalate a little, there was nothing Sheedy could have done to prevent it if you ask me. If those Irish were in my face, I would not think twice about giving it back.

I'll refrain from the insults. What I would like to give any credibility to your stance here, is your impression on ALL the incidents, from both sides and then come back and tell me that the Aussies were the instigators and the thugs. We are generally fair minded when all is said and done. If you can the rhetoric and actually discuss at length the incidents, we might get somewhere.

This thread is a joyful w@nkfest of IR knockers, who were going the "injury" line only last week, but have suddenly come out against a bit of biff. Talk about shallow end of the gene pool.

Facts are, IR haters are a vocal minority in Australia. Most AFL supporters see it as entertainment in the offseason, and dont mind it at all.

FWIW, The Irish have no pride. Either they are the biggest sooks on the planet, or are angling to get MORE rule changes in their favour.

If the Irish want to continue IR, then its in their court. Harden up or piss off.

The Irish coach said Geraghty, Kennelly, Begley and Ryan were targeted.....
No he didn't. He said that players generally were set upon, targetted is your word, and that Geraghty, Kenneally and 2 others, I don't think shane Ryan was one, were taken out of the game. The shirt front is not permitted in International Rules, especially when the head is struck, that's why Selwood was yellow carded, same as Robertson in last year's series. Less hysteria, please.

Wouldn't be totally unexpected. Sad, if true, though, as the series was starting to gain in exposure.

If it brings back State of Origin footy, I'm all for it, then.

However it'd be a shame. The concept's a great thing, however it's boys vs men. Although I guess you've got to expect a bit of heat in the kitchen when its nation vs nation.

As they say, if you don't like the heat, get outta the kitchen. Time'll tell, eh?

This just goes to show that the irish are tinkerbells, pretty boy fairy's who couldn't handle sh** on a stick...

Scrapping IR would be a tragedy. if the irish had've won this year's series, it would go on next year and nothing would be said. They are the sorest losers in the world- no question.

I would kill to play for my country- and IR gives AFL players the chance to do that. We play by their rules, with their ball, and they still moan and groan.

If anything, everything we do they claim is illegal is actually inside the laws of the game, while what they do is actually thuggery, although they may not mean it, because they aren't used to contact and do the 'doggish' acts, ie: gerragthy on cambell brown.

Tuck your tail between your legs and piss off if you're going to be like that Ireland and GAA- you're a bunch of sore losers who are hypocrytes in the every sense of the word.

Yeah bring back state of origin. Four teams, three games version - two semi finals and a final. Or two game version, Two weaker teams play each other for right to be next years challenger. Champions vs challenger in game two for the trophy.

I'm still trying to work out why anyone would GAF if it continued, ended, or the Irish cried their eyes out for eternity.......:confused:

It's a hybrid game......one league is used to the physicality - one is not......therein lies the problem.

*Pearce slings plyaer to ground*

Irish: oohhh thet tried to kill him
Aussies: No - it was a fair tackle
Irish: No you tried to kill him - we will take revenge
Aussies: meh...bring it on

Both sides have a completely different perspective of this series given their own games are so different. The middle ground that has been manufactured by the IR concept is what has created the issue.

IMO walk away from it - it was a farce to begin with......both leagues, players, supporters don't need the concept.

Thats why, thank God , we will be having nothing more to do with the losiest sportsmen on earth.

You have in your profile that you're a Swans supporter, which means you support AFL football, which in its way means you too support the 'losiest sportsmen on earth'. Best you have another look at your position son.

Remove this Banner Ad

Message to OZ- IR is over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back