Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob has a bit of that Gibcus alleviation leap. Ohh, he also wears the same number 28

10. RICHMOND - JACOB BAUER

Club: North Adelaide
Height: 191cm
Weight: 80kg
DOB: 06/08/02

Bauer was overlooked by Sydney during last year's draft process, having graduated from the club's Academy system. He has since moved to North Adelaide, and into the forward line, where he's had an immediate impact with his athleticism and high-leaping marking ability. The 191cm forward kicked 13 goals from his first three SANFL games, with clubs noting some strong AFL attributes, particularly in the air. Still just 19, and still adjusting to his new position in attack, clubs believe there is plenty of growth remaining in his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity we missed Massimo will be a gun he is a great junior
Will get him back when he's ready, if he's any good we will send them Castagna, triple Premiership player and throw in Aartsy and Rossco ex Richmond they'll get bent over all that incoming Richmond!!.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pricks were tuning Broady right now, out of contract and they have pretty much no defenders.

Pity we missed Massimo will be a gun he is a great junior
Bauer has been just as good really. It's just that Massimo was right under our noses that we were all wanted him end up with us.

Bauer is still 19 and only just made the switch to being a forward this year. If he played for our VFL team and had the same stats he had at the Roosters in all likelihood the bombers would have taken him at pick 2.

What’s happened to all the young guns Essendon has drafted recently? I mean I thought they had some real jets but they must be injured because otherwise Essendon would be contenders.

They have some good players coming through their second and third seasons. Struggling to get Reid on the park, Cox is now injured and Harrison Jones has added 10kgs and that is challenging and I really like the cut of Archie Perkins and would have him in a minute at the Tiges.

They have some good players coming through their second and third seasons. Struggling to get Reid on the park, Cox is now injured and Harrison Jones has added 10kgs and that is challenging and I really like the cut of Archie Perkins and would have him in a minute at the Tiges.
Perkins numbers no better than Ross and many reckon he’s hopeless , only 12m older. Not sure I see any standout qualities with him

Perkins numbers no better than Ross and many reckon he’s hopeless , only 12m older. Not sure I see any standout qualities with him

He's a beauty, not in the best system at the moment. Perkins has been played as a half forward, not an on-baller type yet, so the Ross comparison is probably not the best. I'd compare him more to a Tanner Bruhn type who can is getting played more half forward at this stage. Perkins hands are clean, has burst speed (he is under 3sec 20m tester), marks strongly and will become one of those prized players who are goal kicking mids.

He missed his final APS season so was kind of behind behind the eight-ball with that development wise. If this is his second year syndrome I'd take it!

Jacob has a bit of that Gibcus alleviation leap. Ohh, he also wears the same number 28

10. RICHMOND - JACOB BAUER

Club: North Adelaide
Height: 191cm
Weight: 80kg
DOB: 06/08/02

Bauer was overlooked by Sydney during last year's draft process, having graduated from the club's Academy system. He has since moved to North Adelaide, and into the forward line, where he's had an immediate impact with his athleticism and high-leaping marking ability. The 191cm forward kicked 13 goals from his first three SANFL games, with clubs noting some strong AFL attributes, particularly in the air. Still just 19, and still adjusting to his new position in attack, clubs believe there is plenty of growth remaining in his game.

Highlights are always misleading, but the leap, strong hands and goal kicking looks high quality. That one where he is running away from goal turns and snaps from close to 50, that is an underrated kick and takes real talent.

Even though he's 191cm, he looks like more of a KPF than a medium fwd - probably similar to Darling who is 191cm but plays KP and our very own JR8
Turning 20 this weekend as well I think I read, might still have a little bit of growing left

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back