Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #12 (2024) - Logan Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to whoever it was at Port who identified the talent this lad has, to go from the dead leg magoos last season to the form he is now showing at the top level is sensational.
Agree, he's a real footballer. Great skill, judgement & stamina. Loved his game against the Hawks. Such maturity. His linking with Burgoyne was brilliant, they really get each other.

Absolutely unreal what he is doing at 18. This kid is a star already, just imagine what he is going to be like in a couple of years. We are going to be talking about our quartet of young stars soon. JHF, Butters, Rozee and Evans. He is that good.
If we picked him with a top 5 pick in the draft this year and he performed like this, we would be over the moon. The fact he was mid season at pick 12 is hilarious.

Amazing pick up, has slotted in so well. I love what he brings.

Interesting going back to the the start of this thread, and the general consensus from those that had watched a bit more of him from SANFL level weren't overly enthused.

Amazing pick up, has slotted in so well. I love what he brings.

Interesting going back to the the start of this thread, and the general consensus from those that had watched a bit more of him from SANFL level weren't overly enthused.

Not me. I called it in the pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a few bombscare moments in big games, but also a couple of really mature, level-headed moments in contests like the Hawks highlight above.

Coming along very nicely and trending to be that ultra consistent player by game 50 which is super.

I know they didn't kick a lot of points but he took all the kicks in after 1/4 time.

That says something about how much trust the coaches and players have in a 10 gamer.

Makes me wonder why the club didn’t use all 4 spots in the SANFL rookie program. Logan Evans was the only guy picked.
Are there 3 other lads plying Magoos footy that may be close?

D’Olia or however the name is spelt would have been a good option, however playing Leauge at Torrens

so is he on a 2 year rookie contract or main list?
He's on an 18 month rookie contract. Up to the club whether they want to upgrade him to the main list or not. There'll be several considerations that go into that including how many list spots we have and how our F/S prospects go in draft combine since all 3 prospects could go between 3rd round and rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #12 (2024) - Logan Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back