Mini-Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from that, I suspect they'd be more interested in a player they're likely to get a fair bit of service out of. Can't see Wines playing too much SANFL

Panthers need defenders - Mids and Forwards are fine - suspect they will target Hartigan & Siggins and PAPs backs

SANFL MINI DRAFT:
#1 Sturt - Angus Graham (Adelaide)

#2 South Adelaide - Kyle Hartigan (Adelaide)

#3 Port Adelaide Magpies - Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

#4 Glenelg - Tom Clurey (Port Adelaide)

#5 Woodville West-Torrens - Kane Mitchell (Port Adelaide)

#6 Central Districts - Jack Osborn (Adelaide)

#7 North Adelaide - Sam Siggins (Adelaide)

#8 Norwood - Lewis Stevenson (Port Adelaide)

#9 Sturt - Rory Atkins (Adelaide)

#10 South Adelaide - Mason Shaw (Port Adelaide)

#11 Port Adelaide Magpies - Jack Neade (Port Adelaide)

#12 Glenelg - Tim Kloosen (Adelaide)

#13 Woodville West-Torrens - Campbell Heath (Port Adelaide)

Rory Atkins to Sturt will allow him to play league football from round one or as soon as he is selected.

Did North Adelaide lose any key defenders? if they did, that may open up a spot for him to play very early into the season but the kid is still 2 good pre seasons away from being competitive as an AFL defender. Nothing of him, his is a rake.

SANFL MINI DRAFT:
#1 Sturt - Angus Graham (Adelaide)

#2 South Adelaide - Kyle Hartigan (Adelaide)

#3 Port Adelaide Magpies - Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide)

#4 Glenelg - Tom Clurey (Port Adelaide)

#5 Woodville West-Torrens - Kane Mitchell (Port Adelaide)

#6 Central Districts - Jack Osborn (Adelaide)

#7 North Adelaide - Sam Siggins (Adelaide)

#8 Norwood - Lewis Stevenson (Port Adelaide)

#9 Sturt - Rory Atkins (Adelaide)

#10 South Adelaide - Mason Shaw (Port Adelaide)

#11 Port Adelaide Magpies - Jack Neade (Port Adelaide)

#12 Glenelg - Tim Kloosen (Adelaide)

#13 Woodville West-Torrens - Campbell Heath (Port Adelaide)
****ing hell! We might as well buy Sturt as our reserves side and make it official! just how many AFC listed players do they have now?

******* hell! We might as well buy Sturt as our reserves side and make it official! just how many AFC listed players do they have now?
Hear they're going cheap, Only $2.5 mill in debt.

Wines will go to Port with their pick 3, part of the OneClub bargain.

Graham will go to Sturt because he's decent at VFL level, not very likely to get an AFL game, Jenkins is likely to play for the Crows more than the Double Blues this year, and Grundy is off and away to Collingwood.

Most of our ins will go at the end, guys like Hartigan, Klaosen and Osborn are most likely to be in the SANFL reserves all season, at least some of those Port draftees will be worth playing SANFL seniors when they aren't being rotated through that rabble.
Hartigan in the SANFL reserves? He was just FB of the year in the VFL, and has been playing consistent VFL footy for 3 years. He won't play a single reserves game next year. More likely to play 10 AFL games than play a single reserves game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it Glenelg never select Port players?

Taking Klaosen ahead of Heath wouldn't seem to be the wisest move.

Has to be slightly embarrassing for Heath.

I can understand Osborn going early considering he is 205cm. But Klaosen hasn't played footy for 9 years and you get drafted after him :oops:

Wines will go to Port with their pick 3, part of the OneClub bargain.

Graham will go to Sturt because he's decent at VFL level, not very likely to get an AFL game, Jenkins is likely to play for the Crows more than the Double Blues this year, and Grundy is off and away to Collingwood.

Most of our ins will go at the end, guys like Hartigan, Klaosen and Osborn are most likely to be in the SANFL reserves all season, at least some of those Port draftees will be worth playing SANFL seniors when they aren't being rotated through that rabble.

On a par with your drop David Mackay call. Poor judgement is poor.

I thought i read somewhere that they had to take their draft picks from the Power at the Maggies. I could be wrong (and probably am!)

I believe this is correct.

We took Clurey, so I doubt this is correct! Does seem a strange selection though.

pick 4???!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Oh, right.

I guess it was a bit of a reach to take Osborn or Siggins there.
Regardless that makes the Klaosen decision even more inexplicable. At least Heath has played a couple of games and nearly made the team for the Qualifying Final against us.

To me Klaosen was an after thought of a selection by the club, based upon above average athleticism, a la Sam Martyn. At least Osborn has freakish size on his side.

On a par with your drop David Mackay call. Poor judgement is poor.

My Mackay call remains correct, disappointing season, and he needs a seriously good season this year or else we might as well pawn him off for whatever we can get. Doesn't get the ball anywhere near enough. He and Brodie Smith had equally underwhelming seasons, but where Brodie Smith was probably our best finals series performer, Mackay remained anonymous during September. That you are unable to see the blindingly obvious is to your own detriment.

Not having watched the VFL I can't comment on how well he played there this year, but I sill say that the call he is more likely to play 10 AFL games than a SANFL reserves game is idiotic. Won't get near the AFL this year unless we lost about 4 other guys to injury.

I haven't watched a South Adelaide game since I was in primary school either, so I can't speak for their needs.

Yes, the same Brodie Smith who was dropped for rounds 11, 12 and 13 due to poor form.

He had an ordinary regular season, followed by a great finals campaign. This was the opposite of Sam Shaw, who had a great regular season, but was with few competitors - save perhaps Petrenko and Callinan - the worst performer in our finals series. This much is cold, hard fact, and only the rose glasses idiot brigade could possibly remember otherwise.

Some of you people have a serious, serious issue when it comes to recognising poor form in young players.

Yes, the same Brodie Smith who was dropped for rounds 11, 12 and 13 due to poor form.

He had an ordinary regular season, followed by a great finals campaign. This was the opposite of Sam Shaw, who had a great regular season, but was with few competitors the worst performer in our finals series. This much is cold, hard fact, and only the rose glasses idiot brigade could possibly remember otherwise.

Some of you people have a serious, serious issue when it comes to recognising poor form in young players.
We had a bye in round 11. He had a quiet game in round 10 and was dropped which was harsh given that he played well against Collingwood in round 9.

He wasn't ordinary, he had a good year for a second year player and got better as the year went on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back