Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope so over for the game, first time at MCG, Mora back would be icing. Sorry SOS, Mora to replace Johnno make it happen.

The end result is the same, but I would have Ibbo fill jonno's role, then drop morra into Ibbo's spot. Ibbo is a better intercept mark / loose defender than morra and plays more like jonno does ...leaving morra to take rotations from HB to a midfield wing, where he belongs. :D

Can't imagine may clubs wanting to take a risk on him. And any person that would turn their back on a club that stood by them over three knee reconstructions would be the biggest flog since Tony Abbott.

And I really don't think Mora is a flog because the club wouldn't have stood by him if he was. Therefore i deduce that he's not going anywhere :)

Think the west australian is full of it with this article.
As if a bloke that has had 3 knee reco's expects to come straight in then has a hissy fit and looks at leaving..
As Lyon says, he needs the game time & fitness. 10-15 games over 3 years is not much footy.
He will play this year at some point, so no stress here. Most likely vs GWS I think. Smokie for next week if puts up good numbers again

Can't imagine may clubs wanting to take a risk on him. And any person that would turn their back on a club that stood by them over three knee reconstructions would be the biggest flog since Tony Abbott.

And I really don't think Mora is a flog because the club wouldn't have stood by him if he was. Therefore i deduce that he's not going anywhere :)

The wiggles would take a punt,I reckon.

Think the west australian is full of it with this article.
As if a bloke that has had 3 knee reco's expects to come straight in then has a hissy fit and looks at leaving..
As Lyon says, he needs the game time & fitness. 10-15 games over 3 years is not much footy.
He will play this year at some point, so no stress here. Most likely vs GWS I think. Smokie for next week if puts up good numbers again

This. Was just about to write the same thing. ( but not as well.)

it doesn't seem completely unrealistic that he is frustrated. The guy has been waiting 3 years to play.
I must confess to being puzzled also. There seems to be mixed messages coming from the club.
This would have been a perfect week to bring him back as a sub.

Thing is, though, Nick's usually pretty good when reporting on Freo.

I'm not saying that to imply there is any truth to the article. Just a bit surprised.

Could be Worst editors trolling a bit. But that would be a hypthetical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The West Australian understands the 22-year-old, who signed a one-year contract extension late last season, has become increasingly frustrated at the lack of opportunity in recent weeks and has so far declined to enter discussions regarding a new deal."

ffs. "Understands". This line is the only substance this article has, and it is weak at best. I understand he is frustrated too. Right now, his value is at its much less than if he finishes the season with 5 senior games with 15+ disposals. I would be doing the exact same thing, and it wouldn't mean i would be ready to say "screw you guys, i'm going home". The club would have discussed this with Mora, and I think they would also be looking to put of contract to years end to see how he goes.

must have been a slow news day.

This says it all to me, in my opinion this means he is still building his fitness and they have lined him up to play in 2-3 weeks when he is 100%.

They would have discussed this with Mora and he knows exactly what he has to do to get a game. I have absolute faith in the Freo coaching and fitness group.

They have an expression in American that you are better of playing a college kid 1 year too late than 1 year too early, and I think this is what Freo is doing with Mora and making sure his is cherry ripe when they play him.

"He's making the ground quickly, he's certainly starting to have output that entitles him to play some AFL footy. But he's still in a building phase."

The Dockers would be unlikely to unleash Morabito in next week's western derby, meaning his next opportunity to break into the line-up would be the round-16 game against Melbourne in Darwin.

Last edited:
it doesn't seem completely unrealistic that he is frustrated. The guy has been waiting 3 years to play.
I must confess to being puzzled also. There seems to be mixed messages coming from the club.
This would have been a perfect week to bring him back as a sub.

With regard to the bolded, one thing that I'm pondering is maybe they don't want him playing in a derby the eagles will be treating as their grand final.

Once they bring him in there will be an expectation he will get at least a few games in a row, so they could be waiting until Melbourne onwards in case the derby ends up being a bit fiercer than some here are expecting.

But I'm probably overthinking it and the reality is Lyon is just genuinely unsentimental and won't pick him as long as he thinks he has better options.

why would he sign

his value would be very low, if he is able to come back and have an impact he could easily demand a 2year deal on much better $$

and if the worst was to happen and he does his knee in again this year he would be retiring

Great journalism Nick Rynne
That's a shame Nick wrote that, I am quite certain he is/was a freo supporter. When he was doing a regional journalism post I actually got to know him quite well, never mates though. His journalism was normally credible, articulate, insightful and generally well received.

Unforetunately we had a bit of a to-do, his apparent 'missus' at the time wasnt too shabby and enjoyed the 'attention' of yours truelly. If I knew she had a partner then I would not have gone near her.

LIFE LESSON: Even if she acts and appears single she may have a partner. Always check, this helps ensure that drama is avoided later down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back