Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where this lies, I applied for a job earlier in the week, got an unexpected call on Wednesday for an interview. He says I'll send you the link for Teams, I go my computer is about 12 years old and needs updating. Thing is I bought a new computer in January so I've got the old one and the new one side by side on my desk. He's calling me back next week so him and his offsider can fly down from Sydney for a face to face interview. I just don't want to download Teams and do a computer interview.

How does the cinema one work? Do they ever ask for the ticket?
I performed an experiment to see how easy it would be to get in free at Village Cinemas in Vic with gold class.

At the front entry to the cinemas where they check your ticket, they send you straight through to gold class if that's where you're headed. To get there, you have to walk through the regular cinemas. I pulled up a random web page on my phone and showed them while telling the person at the front I had gold class tickets. Sure enough, they barely looked at my phone and sent me right through. I'd give you a 50% chance of getting through if you have this thread showing on your phone. If you have an old gold class ticket that you feel the need to reuse, my estimate goes up to 80%.

It wont work in getting you through to gold class because they scan your tickets there, but it will get you through to general cinema area where you can pick your movie of choice.

Not sure where this lies, I applied for a job earlier in the week, got an unexpected call on Wednesday for an interview. He says I'll send you the link for Teams, I go my computer is about 12 years old and needs updating. Thing is I bought a new computer in January so I've got the old one and the new one side by side on my desk. He's calling me back next week so him and his offsider can fly down from Sydney for a face to face interview. I just don't want to download Teams and do a computer interview.

I'd much rather do a Teams interview than a face to face.

I performed an experiment to see how easy it would be to get in free at Village Cinemas in Vic with gold class.

At the front entry to the cinemas where they check your ticket, they send you straight through to gold class if that's where you're headed. To get there, you have to walk through the regular cinemas. I pulled up a random web page on my phone and showed them while telling the person at the front I had gold class tickets. Sure enough, they barely looked at my phone and sent me right through. I'd give you a 50% chance of getting through if you have this thread showing on your phone. If you have an old gold class ticket that you feel the need to reuse, my estimate goes up to 80%.

It wont work in getting you through to gold class because they scan your tickets there, but it will get you through to general cinema area where you can pick your movie of choice.

I've always thought it would be pretty easy to go to one movie after another, though I hate sitting still so after 2 hours I'm more than ready to GTFO

The original Carousel Hoyts in Perth used to require a ticket into the main bit where the cinemas, arcade machines and candy bar was but no one checked tickets at each individual cinema. Could easily spend all day there if watching 3 or 4 movies was your thing.
Did that many a time

Not so sure if this counts as morally corrupt, or rather acknowledgement that I probably am morally corrupt in the eyes of God...

But I got a missionary to stop wasting his time on me by asking: "do you think that when it rains that's God pissing on us?"

Unfortunately, he didn't answer my question. :(

I lost a contact lens about a day after I opened a new pair (I use monthlies). I called Specsavers and told them there was no lens in one packet in my latest order, they sent me a free one out.
I do that type of shit a lot. Or if something like a PS5 controller stops working I'll go buy a new one, put the old one back in the box and get a refund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regularly ‘miss’ scanning an item or two at self serve checkouts

yep do this sometimes but normally small things.

however, i bought some pork belly from coles the other week, went to scan it and it wouldnt scan (tried three times) so just chucked it in the bag with other groceries already scanned (was on a self serve checkout that didnt weigh) - about $25 worth of meat for free

more stealing than morally currupt but **** them, if they want me to do all the work, get the scanners to work.

They had pizzas at work last night and there were leftovers tomorrow. I didn't bring lunch intentionally today so I could have some.

However, I forgot a container at home. There was a spare one on the bench though that had been washed fresh out of the dishwasher. Whacked the pizza in there, put it in the fridge, had my lunch and put the container in the dishwasher when I was done.

I also enjoy farting at the end of a supermarket aisle so others can go through it and I've left the scene

I’m not brave enough to do this to strangers but I’ll take any opportunity to crop dust the missus and kids
the worst thing i ever taught my kids was a fart cupcake

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back