Opinion Dees to Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL want to maximise crowds, Melbourne should be forced to relocate to Marvel, and get Essendon and Carlton playing more at the G.

I can’t think of an argument against it other than Melbourne must play at MCG cos Melbourne.

Also AFL probably don’t want Marvel being seen as a 2nd tier stadium for lower drawing vic sides (which it is, simply by its capacity).

Anyway, as a pragmatic decision Melbourne should be made to play the majority of their home games at Marvel is my view. Discuss.
Isnt there something with the MCC or something that says the Dees have to play games at the MCG?

If the AFL want to maximise crowds, Melbourne should be forced to relocate to Marvel, and get Essendon and Carlton playing more at the G.

I can’t think of an argument against it other than Melbourne must play at MCG cos Melbourne.

Also AFL probably don’t want Marvel being seen as a 2nd tier stadium for lower drawing vic sides (which it is, simply by its capacity).

Anyway, as a pragmatic decision Melbourne should be made to play the majority of their home games at Marvel is my view. Discuss.
Unless the AFL builds a stadium at Hotham for them, can't see Melbourne members ever agreeing to be relocated away from the MCG.

It is. They both chose Marvel and have now been frozen out of the MCG due to ground vacancies. Hawthorn will have a dilemma soon.
Not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about where we will play the 4-5 games per year we currently play in Launceston once Tassie comes into the comp?

Word is we are considering a North Queensland arrangement (Cairns) among other options.
However, we are an MCG tenant, and barring another arrangement to play games elsewhere, our additional home games would be at the 'G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unfortunate that Melbourne have become so irrelevant (and that's not a criticism just an observstion) that only one Melbourne supporter has responded to this thread.

The amount that the Demons supporter base has declined since the 1960's has been extraordinary.

I said for someone to come up with a reason why Melbourne should be a home tenant at the G aside from “cos Melbourne”.

Still hasn’t happened.
You've received reasons but chose to ignore them. Ridiculous thread. Dees have been towards the upper end of the home crowd ladder for several years. This is just nonsense.

As Hardwick said “ our people don’t go there” ( which is laughable for “the tiger army”) Melbourne are the same.
The Tiggers supporters wont be turning up next season anyway due to the mass exodus of players so the Tiggers should be sent there and the Bummers should go to the MCG...

Not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about where we will play the 4-5 games per year we currently play in Launceston once Tassie comes into the comp?

Word is we are considering a North Queensland arrangement (Cairns) among other options.
However, we are an MCG tenant, and barring another arrangement to play games elsewhere, our additional home games would be at the 'G.
It would have be good if you could stay at Launceston if you still do need to play games elsewhere, easier for Melbourne based fans because the flights are short and fairly cheap.

I hated when Richmond played in Cairns because it was hard for me to fly and afford accommodation back then. And I'm sure that would still be a problem for a lot of Hawks fans too.

But the flipside is the Hawks could make a fortress there and if you can win all your games in Cairns, assuming you play 4 - 5 there, that would go a long way to consistant finals appearances.

It would have be good if you could stay at Launceston if you still do need to play games elsewhere, easier for Melbourne based fans because the flights are short and fairly cheap.

I hated when Richmond played in Cairns because it was hard for me to fly and afford accommodation back then. And I'm sure that would still be a problem for a lot of Hawks fans too.

But the flipside is the Hawks could make a fortress there and if you can win all your games in Cairns, assuming you play 4 - 5 there, that would go a long way to consistant finals appearances.
l have heard that the AFL want Gold Coast to play the games that they played in NT to be played in Cairns and are in negotiations with North to play their 4 home games from Hobart in NT..l'm not sure what the Hawks will do, maybe the AFL will let them play all their home games back in Melbourne if its possible..

l have heard that the AFL want Gold Coast to play the games that they played in NT to be played in Cairns and are in negotiations with North to play their 4 home games from Hobart in NT..l'm not sure what the Hawks will do, maybe the AFL will let them play all their home games back in Melbourne if its possible..

I remember hearing that North were getting NT as one of their recruitment zones. That makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dees to Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back