My 2013 round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a question on Brown - why is he in everybody's teams?

Not that I have anything against the bloke, just don't think he's necessarily claimed the "spot" yet.

Martin was more impressive in the NAB Cup - would have though we'd have him in as a winger/half back in preference.

Different players fighting for different spots. Brown is a lock down small defender. Martin can play as a running defender, midfielder or forward but would you want him standing Eddie Betts?

Brown has Doughty's spot and will have it all year. Has impressed looks like a seasoned player and gets the job done.

Defensively pretty good, didn't find a heap of the footy, but for a first game back he was solid. I think his opponent was Walker for most of it, who took a great grab, but otherwise was reasonably well held. We'll need his defensive game against the Bombers who play Crameri, Hurley and Ryder up forward.
I thought Hurley was extremely doubtful...he was in a moon boot a few days ago....???

FB: Brown Rutten Shaw
HB: Mackay Talia Reilly
C: Sloane VB Vince
HF: Wright Walker Porplyzia
FF: Callinan Jenkins Petrenko
Rucks: Jacobs, Thompson, Dangerfield

I/C: Douglas, Crouch, Johncock
Sub: Henderson

Hendo offers great flexibility as the sub but would not be surprised to see him starting, adds a lot to our team. Walker and Jenkins could both play about 30m out from goal or have a true FF and CHF not sure which one should be in which position. think that back 6 is fairly solid with blokes like Otten and Jaensch putting pressure on the likes of Shaw and Brown for round 1 spots.

Otten- Rutten - Brown
Mackay - Talia - Reilly
Douglas- S Thompson-Sloane
Vince - Walker - Van Berlo
Petrenko- Jenkins - Porps
Jacobs - Dangerfield - Wright

Crouch - Henderson - Martin
Sub: Stiffy

Emg Tambling Shaw McKernan
Looks about right to me.

The interchange players are best suited to on-ball/forward, so I would prefer VB rotated through as 7th defender ... but they will probably use Hendo or pick Jaensch instead of Martin.

I think Tambling will play most games, but the latest injury has probably ruled him out for round 1.

FB: Brown Rutten Shaw
HB: Mackay Talia Reilly
C: Sloane VB Vince
HF: Wright Walker Porplyzia
FF: Callinan Jenkins Petrenko
Rucks: Jacobs, Thompson, Dangerfield

I/C: Douglas, Crouch, Johncock
Sub: Henderson

Hendo offers great flexibility as the sub but would not be surprised to see him starting, adds a lot to our team. Walker and Jenkins could both play about 30m out from goal or have a true FF and CHF not sure which one should be in which position. think that back 6 is fairly solid with blokes like Otten and Jaensch putting pressure on the likes of Shaw and Brown for round 1 spots.

Thinking ahead to the rest of the year, I reckon Johncock and Hendo could be the two guys to sub the most. Both can play either end and seem to be able to get up the pace of the game quicker than other subs we have used.

looking forward to seeing Jenkins Walker Combo

obviously it is going to need a good season or so to get right but the potential is fantastic.

it also represents my first game since having my laser eye surgery, the last game due to a combination of eye surgery and alcohol - live at the game it just looked like bluish smudges playing reddish smudges with some strange yellow smudges interfering.

obviously it is going to need a good season or so to get right but the potential is fantastic.

it also represents my first game since having my laser eye surgery, the last game due to a combination of eye surgery and alcohol - live at the game it just looked like bluish smudges playing reddish smudges with some strange yellow smudges interfering.

Would be interested to hear how your surgery went as I may be considering it down the track. Unfortunately though, I don't think it'll stop the strange yellow smudges interfering. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is laser eye surgery! Had mine 6 or 7 years ago and perfect vision since. Really enjoyable seeing which player has the ball.

Otten- Rutten - Brown
Mackay - Talia - Reilly
Douglas- S Thompson-Sloane
Vince - Walker - Van Berlo
Petrenko- Jenkins - Porps
Jacobs - Dangerfield - Wright

Crouch - Henderson - Martin
Sub: Stiffy

Emg Tambling Shaw McKernan
Shaw will get a game before Otten. We will be worried about Essendons speed.

I remember reading in a thread at the end of 2009 following the loss to Collingwod (right in front of me), someone saying that 2013 will be the opening of our window. Now in 2009, having almost made a Prelim, this seemed too far away for me, and I was wanting success in 2010-12. A few blinks later though, and here we are.

You didn't like my Vader impersonation?

I just think they've made it clear last year they preferred Shaw and Essendons speed is a worry as is Ottens lack of it
IMO, nowhere near clear cut. Otten was the last occupant last year.

BTW, no point being being quick if you turn the ball over...

Remove this Banner Ad

My 2013 round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back