Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Don’t you think it’s a bit ridiculous to exclude pandemics from these contracts? This is effectively a once in a lifetime event that they’ve never had to worry about paying out on for a long time. It’s deliberately catching out most people who have booked these holidays with good intentions that their insurance would cover anything that could go wrong.

Ah well, I’m sure the heads of insurance agencies will enjoy their multi million dollar bonuses again this year.

How do you think insurance works? Do you think it’s some kind of sinking fund that you don’t have to put money into to get money from. I can see you backing the peanut with no flood cover because it’s too expensive whilst the neighbours paid the premium and got the cover. It’s so unfair, it’s just so random, how come they’re not covered?

Tell me, who’s really worse, the insurance company delivering fully on the contract or the travel supplier not? Why should insurance cover it, they’ve done nothing but actually deliver the promised product to their customers.

The only thing he cared about was keeping the collection plate rolling.

Those ministers live off their flock

Don’t think he wasn’t most concerned about his bottom line
Church's have always been a grift to extort money out of the common folk. I don't see much of a distinction between these mega-churches and any other religious organisation, they're just more brazen.

Yeah, how dare people not pay a huge premium for travel insurance that doesn’t include cover for a pandemic none of us have seen in our lifetime!

So you want the full cover but not prepared to pay the price? It’s your choice, one cover includes pandemic, the cheaper does not. If you choose the cheaper cover then you run the gauntlet on what you said is a once in a lifetime event. Over the duration, you’re ahead by not choosing that cover. Why should insurance pay on something that you deliberately chose to exclude from your cover because of price?

I don't have any issue with them refusing to accept claims for policies purchased after CV-19 became a declared pandemic. That's absolutely fair. At that stage the pandemic is a known risk.

I do have an issue with them refusing to honour claims made on policies purchased before CV-19 first emerged. I booked my NZ cruise over 18 months ago, and purchased the travel insurance 12 months before the cruise (the travel insurance company's online system wouldn't take bookings on trips more than a year in advance). That policy turned out to be not worth the paper I used to print the "Certificate of Insurance".

Yes, they have a clause excluding pandemics. If they were acting in good faith, then they would only activate that clause for policies purchased after the pandemic was declared.

no, you had an option to pay for cover that included pandemics. You chose not to.

Church's have always been a grift to extort money out of the common folk. I don't see much of a distinction between these mega-churches and any other religious organisation, they're just more brazen.

I do not disagree. But in the current situation the “defiant” holding to their “conviction” types are FAR more likely to be these types of “ministries”.

The Catholic Church (for instance) has no need to defy all common sense in this situation.

Guys like this ex-pastor have to keep the game rolling

The only thing he cared about was keeping the collection plate rolling.

Those ministers live off their flock

Don’t think he wasn’t most concerned about his bottom line

Lots of those ministers don’t live anything resembling a lavish lifestyle. They’re not all part of bigger organisations that cover costs. Many of them work extremely hard to keep the church going, yes it takes money, but not everyone that takes money is a Billy Graham. Lots of them have very little outside of their church and devotion to it. Not all religion is compromised like the Catholics, there are genuine believers and good doers out there.

Can't believe this cruise bullshit is still going on.

Yes he chose to go, and yes for someone so out spoken about things it was hypocritical, but ultimately it's the choice he played with and that's that.

How bored are people to be debating a random bloke's decision what seems like an eternity later.
What do you suggest

no, you had an option to pay for cover that included pandemics. You chose not to.
I'm not sure that I did. I certainly don't remember there being any "include pandemics" check box when I purchased the cover online. I specifically added "cruise cover", and excluded things like motorbikes and skiing, but including pandemic cover was not an option.

I'm not sure that I did. I certainly don't remember there being any "include pandemics" check box when I purchased the cover online. I specifically added "cruise cover", and excluded things like motorbikes and skiing, but including pandemic cover was not an option.

Fcuk me, this is going to be on every insurance form/contract/etc from now on too.

Pandemic Cover.

I don't have a problem with them planning for the time when they're able to lift restrictions and get back to work. I have little doubt that the Australian Govt is working on a similar plan. The time will (eventually) come when they're in a position to lift their restrictions, and they will need to have a plan in place for when that day comes.

Having said that, I do worry that they will try to lift the restrictions before they have CV-19 fully under control, and will kick-start a 2nd wave of infections in the process. This seems very likely, given Trump's often repeated eagerness to get America back to work.

What I do have a problem with is the evidence of nepotism and incompetence, which is evidenced by the inclusion of the completely unqualified Ivanka & Kushner on the committee.
What about conflict of interest with the person who is running his company (Ivanka) on the commitee. No conflict there whatsoever.

Lots of those ministers don’t live anything resembling a lavish lifestyle. They’re not all part of bigger organisations that cover costs. Many of them work extremely hard to keep the church going, yes it takes money, but not everyone that takes money is a Billy Graham. Lots of them have very little outside of their church and devotion to it. Not all religion is compromised like the Catholics, there are genuine believers and good doers out there.
giphy.gif

A very usual video to watch about anyone wanting to drop restrictions. We need to get a much better understanding of this virus and the potential long term effects of it in the human body to ascertain our response to it. If any of the findings in the video are true we need to basically continue restrictions and fast track the vaccine.
Have been watching Chris Martensons video's from when the outbreak started in Wuhan and has been spot on, very measured and science based.

Watch "NEW RESEARCH: Coronavirus Has A Second Route For Attack!" on YouTube

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't know anything about me and what I believe. Please don't make assumptions. Did you know that for instance mammographies have been put on hold. Many debilitating conditions are not being treated. There is a shortage of essential medications. These sort of things have to see taken into consideration and take you frustrations elsewhere.
I’m just not sure what your point is. There are also essential treatments and surgeries that ARE continuing. My surgeon reviewed all his cases and if he felt it was warranted he proceeded. Mine was not considered essential. My sister continues to get life saving treatment (immuno-boost post transplant) once a month. My other sister continues to be monitored and treated for acute kidney failure. The shortage of essential medications can be blamed on idiot people stock-piling, not on social distancing.

We pay for "Cancel for any reason" cover, yes it is obviously more expensive but my wife has complex health issues so we feel it is worth the extra cost in case she feels she isn't up for the trip.

So yes, people complaining something isn't covered when they opted for a cheaper insurance is just yet another example of people not taking responsibility for their actions/decisions.

The Wuhan Health Organisation has endorsed China re-opening wet markets...

Can't make this shit up. That organisation needs gutting out.

It seems that testing kits are being developed with greater accuracy including faster results. Would it be possible to test anyone choosing to travel here in the future from selected transit hubs to be tested before boarding?

No way would you trust any airport personnel in China to carry out a test before the plane flies to Australia, also say the taxi driver who takes you to the airport infects you - would that show up in a test 15 mins later?

The only way I can see borders open is to enforce mandatory quarantine when people arrive in Australia.

14 days at a camp/hotel paid for by the tourist/incoming passenger, test when they arrive and a test when their quarantine is over. The tests also paid for by the tourist.

You can if its DailyMail. lol

But I have read about this on other sites as well. F**k me, seriously cannot believe this.

World be prepared for the next pandemic being slaughtered, purchased, eaten and then spread. The first case to hit Australia may have come from the US or Italy, I dont know. All I do know is the origins of the Coronavirus. Its a bloody disgrace. Chinese Govt should be made to pay for what has happened.

You start to wonder what hope have we got,China is continually snubbing it’s nose up , I seriously don’t like where this is heading

You can if its DailyMail. lol

But I have read about this on other sites as well. F**k me, seriously cannot believe this.

World be prepared for the next pandemic being slaughtered, purchased, eaten and then spread. The first case to hit Australia may have come from the US or Italy, I dont know. All I do know is the origins of the Coronavirus. Its a bloody disgrace. Chinese Govt should be made to pay for what has happened.
Australia's first case came from China, on a plane into Melbourne. However, the USA & Italy are Australia's two biggest sources - probably because we were relatively quick to close the border to China, but painfully sloooooooooooooow to close it to the USA & Italy.

You start to wonder what hope have we got,China is continually snubbing it’s nose up , I seriously don’t like where this is heading
See: The South China Sea Conflict of 2021
Already a concern, they are making plays why others are distracted
Like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back