Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:

The Wuhan Health Organisation has endorsed China re-opening wet markets...

Can't make this shit up. That organisation needs gutting out.

that's probably because they know it came from the laboratory and not the wet market....

Australia's first case came from China, on a plane into Melbourne. However, the USA & Italy are Australia's two biggest sources - probably because we were relatively quick to close the border to China, but painfully sloooooooooooooow to close it to the USA & Italy.
Typical Australia. Some poor ass brown people are coming over by boat, send the SAS. Oh you're infected with a deadly virus but you happen to be white, come right in and wander around our CBD's.

Lots of those ministers don’t live anything resembling a lavish lifestyle. They’re not all part of bigger organisations that cover costs. Many of them work extremely hard to keep the church going, yes it takes money, but not everyone that takes money is a Billy Graham. Lots of them have very little outside of their church and devotion to it. Not all religion is compromised like the Catholics, there are genuine believers and good doers out there.

Well we will give him credit for this..he truly believed he knew more then health officials.

Whilst he can sacrifice himself up to the altar of ignorance and ordinarily I really wouldn’t give a rats rear end.

The fact is that he, and those who follow him, endanger me and my family by doing whatever they feel like when they feel like it.

So when his “beliefs” affect me and mine...I take exception ;)

Royal Adelaide Show Cancelled lol. Glory be, it might have been in a few months time, but it was obviously the right call.

Brisbane had already cancelled their's, and there's is just before ours.

Given the itniterant nature of alot of the show workers/carnies/attractions, I can understand why it's being cancelled.

Typical Australia. Some poor ass brown people are coming over by boat, send the SAS. Oh you're infected with a deadly virus but you happen to be white, come right in and wander around our CBD's.
Correct.

The Govt was quick to close the borders when it was only brown people who were infected (China, South Korea and Iran) - and rightly so. I have no problem at all with the speed with which they closed the borders to these countries, once the extent of their infections became known. I said it was the right call then, and it still looks like a good decision with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

They were far, far, far more reluctant to close the borders when it came to the white skinned people (USA & Europe). There is absolutely no excuse for waiting as long as they did before closing the borders to these countries. The only possible reason for the delays, relative to the earlier shutdowns, is racism.

Correct.

The Govt was quick to close the borders when it was only brown people who were infected (China, South Korea and Iran) - and rightly so. I have no problem at all with the speed with which they closed the borders to these countries, once the extent of their infections became known. I said it was the right call then, and it still looks like a good decision with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

They were far, far, far more reluctant to close the borders when it came to the white skinned people (USA & Europe). There is absolutely no excuse for waiting as long as they did before closing the borders to these countries. The only possible reason for the delays, relative to the earlier shutdowns, is racism.
Seems Melbourne’s F1 GP may have played some small part in that .. also seems that they felt travel from the US was reasonably safe considering they were quite quick to shut their borders to China

Beaches are closed in Bali and also masks must be worn. Tension is mounting with Bule not respecting the restrictions. Only a matter of time before the local Banjar’s will take some interesting action against foreigners
Many flaunting the relaxed visa situation
C71F474A-AB23-43AB-8EC9-18C6FD649B98.jpeg 58A226F5-545B-48D1-B092-C4474FFFDDAE.jpeg
C09CD1A6-CF4F-4320-9AD7-F4F69278D2BB.jpeg 5DAD9CD3-5897-4F76-B579-4C20FE83C7B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Brisbane had already cancelled their's, and there's is just before ours.

Given the itniterant nature of alot of the show workers/carnies/attractions, I can understand why it's being cancelled.

Even if the virus was eradicated and restrictions eased before then, it wouldn't be viable economically. Supply chains/logistics, exhibitors, labour hire mobs, etc would all be affected and would be nigh on impossible to get something remotely resembling the usual event happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bule?
Banjar's?
"an Indonesian word for foreigners and/or non-Indonesian national, especially people of European descent ('whites', 'Caucasians'). "

"The smallest form of local government in Bali is the Banjar. It is basically a local community group who acts as a village government system and village council. It is independent from the police and takes care about the cultural and religious values of the village community. Every village has its own Banjar and members are the married men of the community. "

Royal Adelaide Show Cancelled lol. Glory be, it might have been in a few months time, but it was obviously the right call.

Back in mid-February I suggested that my son bring his daughter over from New Zealand to go to the Show. After some discussion back and forth he sent this email on the 1st of March: "Air nz has some crazy cheap deals to Adelaide because no one is flying due to virus but I’m not sure I want to fly either!" So we decided to leave it for another year. At the time, we never thought the Show would be cancelled. I'm glad he didn't go ahead and book a flight in February.

Back in mid-February I suggested that my son bring his daughter over from New Zealand to go to the Show. After some discussion back and forth he sent this email on the 1st of March: "Air nz has some crazy cheap deals to Adelaide because no one is flying due to virus but I’m not sure I want to fly either!" So we decided to leave it for another year. At the time, we never thought the Show would be cancelled. I'm glad he didn't go ahead and book a flight in February.
Might have had elite calling him a hypocrite

The Wuhan Health Organisation has endorsed China re-opening wet markets...

Can't make this shit up. That organisation needs gutting out.

WHO are the major sponsors of the Chinese Virus, what do you expect?

I'm not sure that I did. I certainly don't remember there being any "include pandemics" check box when I purchased the cover online. I specifically added "cruise cover", and excluded things like motorbikes and skiing, but including pandemic cover was not an option.

So you purchased a policy without doing a risk analysis and understanding the terms of the policy? Why should an insurer wear the cost of your inability to understand the product that you've purchased or your failure to identify the risks. The insurer has delivered against their contract and yet you choose to blame them over the supplier who actually failed to provide the product purchased. Oh yeh, that's right, the big bad insurance companies blah blah.

So you purchased a policy without doing a risk analysis and understanding the terms of the policy? Why should an insurer wear the cost of your inability to understand the product that you've purchased or your failure to identify the risks. The insurer has delivered against their contract and yet you choose to blame them over the supplier who actually failed to provide the product purchased. Oh yeh, that's right, the big bad insurance companies blah blah.
What's your take on landlord insurance not paying out unless you sue the tenants at the tribunal? The government wants me to do the reasonable thing and negotiate lower rental rates but the insurance company won't pay me a dime if I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back