News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they will now jump all over him now it looks like they can get him for nothing,I must say I feel he has not done the right thing by the club not returning phone calls from the club or agents of the club.

This whole situation has a really rank smell about it and not the sort of thing you would expect of a bloke who has 225 games for the club the more I think about it the less I think of Leon.:thumbsdown:

Good luck to Leon:thumbsu:

But seriously the guy has been threatening to leave for year's.

Was it unexpected that he would leave sooner rather than later?......Probably not.

Personally i would be more shattered if Swan,Pendle's,or Thomas left to be honest.

Go over to the Freo board and have a look at their reactions now.

I remember when they were spitting chips over the Tarrant saga and now they have become "the high almighty beating their chests" wanting to play hard ball and obtain everyone they chase for nothing.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Gotta ask the question, there has been a few players this year that have wanted to leave over money, its not just leon. Mayb there is no respet for buckley after mick the legend left

These are the only players mentioned to have threatened to leave over money. Hardly inspiring names.

Alan Toovey (eventually re-signed but I think may be fazed out anyway)
Brent Macatheter (unknown)
Leon Davis (bailed)

Now look at the players who signed on recently

Thomas
Dawes
Swan
Pendlebury
Cloke (after discussion with Bucks in 2010)

Where'd you rather put your money?

Leon is a dip shit. When I heard that he wanted to leave due to family I thought fair enough. Now that its over money well the greedy w***er can go to hell. He will miss out on a grand final next year. He is obviously not a team player so good riddance to him.

Go over to the Freo board and have a look at their reactions now.

I remember when they were spitting chips over the Tarrant saga and now they have become "the high almighty beating their chests" wanting to play hard ball and obtain everyone they chase for nothing.

The grass is always greener on the other side.
Just looked at Leon thread on Freo board and yes it is obvious that they both
WA clubs would not mind a crack at him it is looking like he will go for nothing
now,I don,t think anyone else but Leon is to blame for this.

He should at least have given the curtesy of speaking to the club after 12 years we have earned that right,we should not have anyone on our list who does not want to there we have plenty of people who would give an arm or a leg to be in his position.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I want him nowhere near Collingwood, didn't someone say they will look at Andrew Lovett if Leon leaves the building.

What if he kicks the winning goal (miracle) against Collingwood at the 'G' & runs past you doing the finger wag?
That little finger wag cost that Anzac day match when the Bombers kicked 3
in a minute and you know who was most annoyed with his arrogance it Lovett
Murray and he sparked that come from behind win.

I can tell you that as a Pies fan if he uses that finger wag against us I would be inclined to give him heaps tbh.

He had an All Australian year and they're cutting his pay packet, he has a right to be pissed. Coupled with getting back to WA which he has wanted to do all year it'a fair enough.
I love Leon more than most. Good luck to him.

Our list is looking exceptional regardless, let's rock the s*** out of the league next season.

I actually sort of feel Leon playing in the backline in a way unbalanced it, we needed him forward.

God I'm starting to hate Liam Pickering.

Even Chris Bond says in there that they inquired about Leon during trade week but were told he would be a Collingwood player.

Pickering is a flat face liar, nothing else, and he is solely responsible for any confusion here.:mad:

Collingwood would have got a second round pick for Leon, but because of that prick, we will now get nothing, and Leon will still most likely line up for Freo next year.

God I'm starting to hate Liam Pickering.

Even Chris Bond says in there that they inquired about Leon during trade week but were told he would be a Collingwood player.

Pickering is a flat face liar, nothing else, and he is solely responsible for any confusion here.:mad:

Collingwood would have got a second round pick for Leon, but because of that prick, we will now get nothing, and Leon will still most likely line up for Freo next year.
If what Bond said is true we don,t have anyone to blame but Davis and his manager they look like they have shafted us,what annoys me the most is that he saw fit to let BT drop his bombshell on radio but has completely ignored the clubs efforts to talk to him.

Even Bond said in that article that no one has been able to talk to him tbh I think we should cut ties with him,we may miss him but we must have players who want to play for the club.

Anyone else think that "news that will rock Collingwood" is a little over the top.

If Pendles had resgned or Cloke had gone missing in Bali that would rock us. This has really just been something that has been on the cards all year...

Anyone else think that "news that will rock Collingwood" is a little over the top.

If Pendles had resgned or Cloke had gone missing in Bali that would rock us. This has really just been something that has been on the cards all year...

Sounds like a good headline tho!

Absolutely!

Over the top is the modus operandi of a lot of Aussie footy journos. Ask them to show "restraint" when running a story and you'd get the headline AFL STAR IN BONDAGE ROMP SCANDAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

News that will rock Collingwood: Leon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back