NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's worse than ridiculous is a ****in joke.

I understand there will be a few issues with 19s playing when the rest of the club is not but clearly that's better than not bloody playing. It would only happen a few times and I am sure all hosting clubs would support teams with say water boys, time keeper etc to ensure there is a game. FFS its not that hard.

Four byes it is

Unless Eltham are planning to give walkovers, how is it possible to have 6 byes when we only play each other twice. 2 x 2 = 4

I think he may have included the two byes everyone has during the season. Which compounds the issue. Keeping U19s motivated when they are not playing each week will be hard.

Also will qualifications for finals be changed? If they cannot play on a Sat will some of the old blokes in 2s be required to sit out when blooding kids is a better option.

Can someone please confirm that West Preston has listed another former AFL/VFL player to their list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he may have included the two byes everyone has during the season. Which compounds the issue. Keeping U19s motivated when they are not playing each week will be hard.

Also will qualifications for finals be changed? If they cannot play on a Sat will some of the old blokes in 2s be required to sit out when blooding kids is a better option.
Inside word, is NFL not happy regarding Div 1 u/19's, when you look at it Div 2 have 8 teams and play 18 games and Div 1 has 8 teams and play 14 games. Lack of trainers is an excuse and its not even a reasonable one. What clubs may have to fork out $150 max extra 4 times a year.

Inside word, is NFL not happy regarding Div 1 u/19's, when you look at it Div 2 have 8 teams and play 18 games and Div 1 has 8 teams and play 14 games. Lack of trainers is an excuse and its not even a reasonable one. What clubs may have to fork out $150 max extra 4 times a year.
IT may not be the lack of money but the lack of qualified trainers as it is hard to get people to become trainers all clubs struggle with getting the right amount of of field support staff

IT may not be the lack of money but the lack of qualified trainers as it is hard to get people to become trainers all clubs struggle with getting the right amount of of field support staff
Agree but I reckon other clubs would try and help as they also would rather their 19s playing instead of doing nothing.

There has to be some answer...hell the NFL could help out, they have the money and its their issue as well.....is not one of their agendas to try and keep people playing????

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree but I reckon other clubs would try and help as they also would rather their 19s playing instead of doing nothing.

There has to be some answer...hell the NFL could help out, they have the money and its their issue as well.....is not one of their agendas to try and keep people playing????

I agree with you denny but each side must have a qualified trainer or the game can not go ahead this is AFL laws. But the under lying problem is not all sides have under 19's and this makes for extra demands on clubs for staff and makes it hard logistically as well I have banged on about this before ,the lack of under 19 teams or players is a massive problem that nobody seems so want to bring up in the upper echelon of all suburban leagues or at afl level the under 18/19 competition is dying out. I think someone with some for thought or enough brain power to think out side the box needs to stand up and be counted before its to late under 19's are the future of all clubs.

Last edited:

How come div 1 clubs are blaming the under 19 situation on logistics of trainers being at seperate venues, when div 2 clubs have been coping for years? Perhaps if it's such an issue, then perhaps it's time for a financial or points penalty for div 1 clubs who don't field. Let's face it, if your going to win div 2 flags and get promoted with no thirds, your going to be the proverbial boy with the barrow Pushing shit up hill. Geez if Fitzroy Stars ever got up, how would that work? They have no Thirds and used 44 points in their first game, so not exactly a recipe for success.

Relatively simple fix; you must have 19s to be elevated to division 1. Announce it now and it gives clubs such as Heidelberg and Hurstbridge a full on/off season to make sure they field 3 sides.

Fielding under 19s has been an on/off problem for many years. why not revert back to u18s or u17s as the thirds side. You may get more parental help if this was the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back