NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Very foolish to write off Heidelberg, they will finish 5th/6th
Realistically, Heidelberg appear cooked for 2017. Currently equal bottom and have three tough games in a row after the bye. They are too far back and would need to win the majority of the last 10 to figure in finals action. Current form flukey at best and even with the return of key players other contenders have clearly moved past them.
Major recruits Grimley & Huy have been underwhelming and would need a complete form reversal to restore faith. They also lack drive/direction when Marigliani is out. Tigers still have sufficient cattle to regain some lost ground, but as the old fox R Hyde proved against them two weeks ago, footy is often played above the shoulders.

Can someone explain to me why Heidelberg get 50 point allocation compared to every other team at 45 ? I don't understand the system completely. Is it something to do with the 23rd player ?

This weeks points and my selections :
Heidelberg 50/50 v Northcote Park 45/45 - both at capacity points interestingly enough
Montmorency 42/45 v Hurstbridge 38/45 - danger game for Mont, the Bridges would fancy their chances I suspect
Bundoora 41/45 v Macleod 33/45 - the Kangas enjoy playing at Yulong
Eltham 32/45 v West Preston 42/45 - lucky for Eltham that Saad is missing
Greensborough 31/45 v Whittlesea 31/45 - like Hurstbridge, Whittlesea a big chance for an upset.

T

They only have 45 but the 23rd player is obviously worth 5 thus pushing it to 50.
The first 22 are 45 and on the limit.
this is getting to hard for me to understand, isn't the 23rd player supposed to be an u19 player therefore a 1 pointer.

Realistically, Heidelberg appear cooked for 2017. Currently equal bottom and have three tough games in a row after the bye. They are too far back and would need to win the majority of the last 10 to figure in finals action. Current form flukey at best and even with the return of key players other contenders have clearly moved past them.
Major recruits Grimley & Huy have been underwhelming and would need a complete form reversal to restore faith. They also lack drive/direction when Marigliani is out. Tigers still have sufficient cattle to regain some lost ground, but as the old fox R Hyde proved against them two weeks ago, footy is often played above the shoulders.
And you'd know.

First time seeing Walker in the flesh and the bloke hasn't missed a beat since leaving the afl, fit as a fiddle. Eltham on the improve and starting to string 4 quarter efforts together, did pretty well considering we had 4-5 starters out.

It builds for a pretty big game against hurstbridge this week with Rhys Shaw suiting up as well. The race for 5th/Relegation hasn't been this close ever has it?

First time seeing Walker in the flesh and the bloke hasn't missed a beat since leaving the afl, fit as a fiddle. Eltham on the improve and starting to string 4 quarter efforts together, did pretty well considering we had 4-5 starters out.

It builds for a pretty big game against hurstbridge this week with Rhys Shaw suiting up as well. The race for 5th/Relegation hasn't been this close ever has it?
Yes agree, could conceivably get in with 8 or 9 and relegated with 5 or 6, interesting.

kudos to Heidelberg & Greensborough for their last 2 wins. Looks like they have their seasons back on track thank god.
Anyone want to have another crack at the final 5 ?
For mine, Macleod, Northcote Park, West Preston, Heidelberg, Bundoora, Greeensborough, Hurstbridge, Montmorency, Eltham and the yoyos to head back down to Division 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you could be on the money.....3 years retired with a stuffed foot. Smells like a 1 off game to me....
I could be wrong but could he be getting registered for an assistant coaching role?

Why wouldn't he help his brother Jarrod at Lalor though?

A one off game to help raise some much needed funds for the "mac rats"

OXYMOUTHPIECE where have you been fella?? haven't heard much out of the HFC camp of late.......
OXY I'm hearing the crowd numbers have been woeful this year? do you think they will pick up now that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon?
Might need to starting rallying the Tiger 'faithful' and tell them it's not all doom and gloom now down at that shithole........

OXYMOUTHPIECE where have you been fella?? haven't heard much out of the HFC camp of late.......
OXY I'm hearing the crowd numbers have been woeful this year? do you think they will pick up now that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon?
Might need to starting rallying the Tiger 'faithful' and tell them it's not all doom and gloom now down at that shithole........
Baz ya back, the man with nothing to do and all day to do it in.

What a game at Macleod up 33 points at half time Bridges come out after half time firing on all cylinders to take the lead with four mins to go and hang on to win by four points, this is what football is all about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back