NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting round with Bundoora's first real challenge since they pulled west preston's pant's down in Round 1. The Mont v Heidelberg match should be a cracker and even the west v Whittlesea will be interesting with Rocca and Presty both out the eagles must really fancy their chances.

Rain rain go away and then p15s down on mothers day.:D

Twitter account for LIVE UPDATES FROM AROUND THE GROUNDS is open this up to all divisions.

The data base is growing - get the scores and the updates from around the entire comp.

The twitter link at www.sportssupport.com.au connects you straight through for easy hook up. Anyone without a twitter account - it is seriously easy to sign up. Takes about 30 seconds. (just make sure you skip a few of the questions, bottom left when asking you to keep linking to people you know.)

Just click on the twitter tile at www.sportssupport.com.au and fill in the blanks.

Facebook link coming soon - just suspended the current link.

just an observation...with all the talk in the pre season about how good monty are going to be and they are going to be the powerhouse, they havent shown any real signs of how good they are.

they only beat macleod by 30 points, lost to eltham by 5, beat west by 2 and whittlesea by 2...for a team that spend 15 mill on players over the summer surely they should be a mile ahead

just an observation...with all the talk in the pre season about how good monty are going to be and they are going to be the powerhouse, they havent shown any real signs of how good they are.

they only beat macleod by 30 points, lost to eltham by 5, beat west by 2 and whittlesea by 2...for a team that spend 15 mill on players over the summer surely they should be a mile ahead

Be fair to say that the competition is the best it has ever been - period - and todays match Heidelberg v Monty will be a cracker. Will more than likely it will show where both clubs are at.

Personally, I think it will be close and will have no bearing at all on the results come finals time so lets just enjoy the NFL for what it is at the moment - SENSATIONAL.

They will be thereabouts come seasons end. It's all in the timing. No point being "up & about" at the start of the season and have the wheels fall off.

Their form is not as bad as you are making out.

Great first half at Greensy War Memorial today, second half saw Bundoora take over and run away comfortably.

Moorcroft booted 9 and took an absolute screamer in the 3rd.

Unfortunate that a Greensborough bloke got knocked out and had to be taken off on a stretcher.

Spoke to a clubs football manager today who informed me that they spend 200k on players and that 3 other clubs are spending more! I think it's time for football Victoria to bring in a points system!!

Spoke to a clubs football manager today who informed me that they spend 200k on players and that 3 other clubs are spending more! I think it's time for football Victoria to bring in a points system!!

I am really sick of that call. It's so negative. And usually incorrect.

And why on earth punish clubs that raise the money to spend and therefore punish players from earning available money I will never know?

For me, good luck to them and I hope they have send the money wisely. Wanting some policing on the funds spent on players is a call from a club that, deep down, if they had the money would do the same thing.

May not be $15m but they certainly got their money's worth today.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big rumour that the umpires in today's Eltham V MacLeod game had to have their whistles surgically removed from their mouths after the game. Fair dinkum sounded like the kettle was boiling for two hours.

I don't think Eltham is one of those clubs paying 200k.

But then again, I did see a well known business identity & billionaire fly in his chopper today to have an intimate Luncheon with the Panther commitee & 200 of their closest friends. :D

I would have thought that was commonly known! I would go on to say you will need to pay over 120k to make finals! Agree with DC good luck to the players. My 2cents is this the reason why div 1 is so close is because clubs outside of the five have clearly gone for a youth and a home ground policy. It still costs, the ladder is almost always richest to poorest

Massive thanks to all the guys forwarding through the scores and updates throughout the day - Over 70 score updates through the day from right around the comp.

For this to grow we need a few more followers, so spread the word, its what was talked about and now its up and running - If we as supporters want the NFL to continue to develop new levels of communication then the things that are in place at the moment need some creditably.

www.sportssupport.com.au and click on the twitter tile.

Massive thanks to all the guys forwarding through the scores and updates throughout the day - Over 70 score updates through the day from right around the comp.

For this to grow we need a few more followers, so spread the word, its what was talked about and now its up and running - If we as supporters want the NFL to continue to develop new levels of communication then the things that are in place at the moment need some creditably.

www.sportssupport.com.au and click on the twitter tile.

I agree, I followed and had updates all day which was great, I did not listen to the radio to here if they followed but if more get on a tweet AND retweet then scores will get around. I also reckon more lower grade (2nds and 3rds) should be posted by supporters and players.

Well done mate I personally reckon you have nailed it and it should get bigger and better. I hope @northernfl get on board and start using and retweeting all tweets.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I would have thought that was commonly known! I would go on to say you will need to pay over 120k to make finals! Agree with DC good luck to the players. My 2cents is this the reason why div 1 is so close is because clubs outside of the five have clearly gone for a youth and a home ground policy. It still costs, the ladder is almost always richest to poorest

Not sure you can tarnish the top Clubs that they do not have a youth or home grown policy. I see no issue with Clubs that financially set themselves up can look for experience and talent outside their Club to try and make success. Success breads success, what must be done though it to ensure the fabric of the Club is not lost.

I believe, and stand to be corrected, that all Clubs, including the top 5 have at least 75% (or higher) players from their own stocks.

good to see whittlesea on the winners list, definately puts pressure for lower and macleod to get on the board. west preston not all that they should be maybe?

Saw the Boro had 8 changes on the weekend, most of them injuries, are they long-term or? Would be a shame, lot of quality in the outs.

I hope the changes didn't effect them too much as their first half was risky fast and exicitng to watch. After tipping Whittlesea to beat West I had visions of another upset, with cloke going down in the first ten minutes, Carmusciano knocked out and Hyatt on the bench for the second half I thought we were gone. But a stirring display from the midfield and Moorcrofts efforts up forward were fantastic. Please put THAT MARK up on the website as soon as possible.
Hopefully Bundy's huge injury list won't cast a shadow over the massive game this week. Heidelberg will be seething at getting beat by the Choker's and no doubt will come out swinging.
See ya there.

I hope the changes didn't effect them too much as their first half was risky fast and exicitng to watch. After tipping Whittlesea to beat West I had visions of another upset, with cloke going down in the first ten minutes, Carmusciano knocked out and Hyatt on the bench for the second half I thought we were gone. But a stirring display from the midfield and Moorcrofts efforts up forward were fantastic. Please put THAT MARK up on the website as soon as possible.
Hopefully Bundy's huge injury list won't cast a shadow over the massive game this week. Heidelberg will be seething at getting beat by the Choker's and no doubt will come out swinging.
See ya there.

I've checked and unfortunately the Greensborough camera man was too slow and only the tail end was caught

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back