NFL Div 1 - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

G'Day lads and ladies - Seems the NFL have got their twitter account up and running, it was quite informative with Score updates from around the grounds - Fantastic stuff Sam, the guys at NFL media are really doing a fantastic job, the more we can all get behind them the better informed we will all be. Massive thanks to the guys around the grounds that helped out every week with @whowonnfl - G.Mills West Preston, D.Brady Bundoora, J.Willcott Diamo, Northcote park scorer and D,McNeice, Lower plenty media manager and Brutal, Thomastown twitter account, St.Marys twitter account, Coutta up at Hurstbridge, Julianne at Epping, Brad at Reservoir, J.Cheers at West, The Fridge at North, Zac at Monty, M.Lovett at Macleod, quite a few other cameo rolls bobbed up from time to time and last but not least my Panther Partner D.Crane... Think it was something that the local footy supporter was asking for and with your help it has sparked the NFL to re-launch their account - Please get behind the guys at the NFL Media and support them with information as you have for Sports Support - Visiting quite a few different competitions on any given weekend i can honestly say they are doing an outstanding job. Clubs are all competeting for the same silverware but theres no reason why we can't all help build the competition together. Lets Support the guys at @northernnfl - Sports Support will have a few other local ideas bobbing up so stay tuned.

Watched Lower for the first time this year against Heidelberg on the weekend. They certainly had the intent and effort, just lacked polish. They had a lot of kids in the team and the superior skills and polish of Heidelberg was very obvious.

I still think Lower can pull off a few upsets but they need to get some injured players back to do so. At the moment they just don't have the skill or experience to get up.

Also, anyone from Heidelberg got any news on Lofty Nolan? Looked like a serious ankle injury that could be season ending. Hopefully its not that serious. :thumbsu:

Lower had an RHG for three quarters and only really fell away in the last. A bit of a luxury when your key forward goes down and you can push the CHB forward to kick five. Apparently the Prez reported from Hanoi that Lofty will be back after the bye.
Lower might do worse than get ex H/Berg forward Craig Whelan 's phone number - snagged a lazy 34 goals for Violet Town on the weekend.

Serious question.. would he be in H'Bergs best 22 at the moment?

You'd have to think so. Was certainly there last year, kicked 11 i think against the eagles. Before blowing his shoulder.
But who's spot does he snare?
Lofty, Young, Tiller, Powick, etc. Im sure they could squeeze him in. 34.9, not a bad day. Said to have missed a few gimmes too. 9 games 93 goals. AMAZING

You'd have to think so. Was certainly there last year, kicked 11 i think against the eagles. Before blowing his shoulder.
But who's spot does he snare?
Lofty, Young, Tiller, Powick, etc. Im sure they could squeeze him in. 34.9, not a bad day. Said to have missed a few gimmes too. 9 games 93 goals. AMAZING

Yeah bloody incredible. Someone was trying to tell me on the w/knd he'd be in the 2s at the Bergers...so I thought I'd consult one of the Berger faithful on this

Watched Lower for the first time this year against Heidelberg on the weekend. They certainly had the intent and effort, just lacked polish. They had a lot of kids in the team and the superior skills and polish of Heidelberg was very obvious.

I still think Lower can pull off a few upsets but they need to get some injured players back to do so. At the moment they just don't have the skill or experience to get up.

Also, anyone from Heidelberg got any news on Lofty Nolan? Looked like a serious ankle injury that could be season ending. Hopefully its not that serious. :thumbsu:

Boys always have a crack but as mentioned lack the finishing skills and a tall or two! Unfortunately losing Pat Flynn against West Preston has not helped us. The boys have not dropped off and Rambo is as positive as ever, so anything is possible. I did ask Craig Whelan about joining us at Lower prior to the start of the season JB, but had already committed to VT. From memory I don't think he was to enthused about the rigours of NFL D1 either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha. LOOOONG way to go. Injuries can hit Mont just as easily.

Anyway isn't Saul back soon?

Caddy's finished. You don't come back from a knee reco at his age and with that frame. Heidelberg were able to cover the loss of Miller and Symes but won't be able to cover Nolan. This will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.

If Mont can stay injury free it may be the year of the chokers. Bundy and heidelberg smashed by injury which could assure mont get top spot and keep it.

If Mont can stay injury free it may be the year of the chokers. Bundy and heidelberg smashed by injury which could assure mont get top spot and keep it.

Well if the bulls can turn it around after choking in 97, 98, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009

Then there is hope Mont can too!

Well if the bulls can turn it around after choking in 97, 98, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2009

Then there is hope Mont can too!

Well I've gotta say Mont aren't that good!

Yes J&B, I know they did beat the Panthers last week but only cause they had one good quarter. Were otherwise quite ordinary for the other 3 and were let off the hook by injury depleted Panther.

Still plenty of Footy to be played in lead up to finals so still anyones for the grabbing I would have thought.

What a round, I have been away for 5 weeks on holidays, (thats happens when your old and got nothing to do) Just found out that Heidelberg and Bundoora both lost now that is a good round,

Northcote Park were all over Heidelberg from start to finish, Jess Sinclair got red carded, and it just appeared as if they didn't know how to play through the glue pot at Westgarth Street, as it only rarely got deep forward for Heidelberg.

I noticed Heidelberg only had two on the bench in the reserves as well. Struggling for numbers?

On this day 40 years ago, an incident took place in the DVFL that was unprecedented and had serious repercussions for the North Heidelberg FC.

On July 8th, 1972 down at Shelley St with the scores Greensborough 18.10. to North 5.9, the NHFC senior team decided that they had had enough and they walked off the ground.

Not sure as to the reasons they staged the walk off. I can only assume that it had something to do with the umpire favouring Boro a bit too much. If anyone knows the full story please let us know.

As a result the NHFC were disqualified for the remainder of the 72 season and the entire 73 season. Two subsequent appeals failed to change the decision of the tribunal.

Northcote Park were all over Heidelberg from start to finish, Jess Sinclair got red carded, and it just appeared as if they didn't know how to play through the glue pot at Westgarth Street, as it only rarely got deep forward for Heidelberg.

I noticed Heidelberg only had two on the bench in the reserves as well. Struggling for numbers?

Timely reality check. Like the Blues Friday night shows what hard running and commitment can achieve against a more fancied opponent. Injuries no excuse.
Scanlon and Davies showed why they are two of the best going round in the NFL.

To J&B:

Daniel O'Brien (son of ace cameraman Speilberg) kept Cloke goalless and in the end the big fella was running around the backline honing his torpedo skills. Cloke didn't look injured to me so a great effort by OB. Scooter had a leather poisoning attack and Joel Kidd and Ben Hines (aged 19 and 17 respectively) were outstanding in defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back