NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Brutal you should stop dobbing on blokes. You mustn't have a long memory. If my memory serves me right, weren't you wicketkeeping while on compo with a bad back? Or have i doused that story in mayonnaise?
I'm afraid you have mate. Never been on compo in my life, and some may say never wicket kept either:wink:

Pretty sure the Lalor bloke was investigated the week prior as well. Was also informed he was sitting on 16 weeks suspension but had it dropped to 15 because he took an anger management course. In any case the NFL and MRP need to get with the program. The AFL take the matter of concussion and hits to the head very seriously and put the onus on the tackler or person bumping to avoid contact. The NFL are completely opposite and seem to think head high contact is permissible in all but events involving pre meditated strikes. I know of one incident where a player had two feet off the ground and collected an oppent with a shoulder to the head and the tribunal thought this was ok. You can be as old school as you like, but we are supposed to be more educated and should be more protective of the head at all costs.

I was quite vocal about something similar on last years thread following the final between Stars and Creek last year. In the opening minutes of the game Benjamin of the Stars had his jaw broken. After the ball was cleared by Benjamin, Creek player went through and laid a bump which resulted in shoulder to face contact. I argued that no matter the intent, because he chose to lay the bump, the infringing player had to be held responsible and be accountable for the head high impact and severe injury he inflicted.

Footage showed it. Frame by frame was available. Medical reports easily accessible. The league ignored all requests to review the incident.

Pretty sure the Lalor bloke was investigated the week prior as well. Was also informed he was sitting on 16 weeks suspension but had it dropped to 15 because he took an anger management course. In any case the NFL and MRP need to get with the program. The AFL take the matter of concussion and hits to the head very seriously and put the onus on the tackler or person bumping to avoid contact. The NFL are completely opposite and seem to think head high contact is permissible in all but events involving pre meditated strikes. I know of one incident where a player had two feet off the ground and collected an oppent with a shoulder to the head and the tribunal thought this was ok. You can be as old school as you like, but we are supposed to be more educated and should be more protective of the head at all costs.

Just because the guy is sitting on 15 weeks doesn't mean its ok to dob him in for no reason just to waste the tribunals time. Hence why he got off.

Some results yesterday that were looking ominous for more fancied sides and a result that was perhaps not a shock by the win, but moreso the margin. Both Lalor and Watsy were well in the game and perhaps looking like potentially causing an upset. Lalor just not matching it in the last term and Diamo getting by with a comfortable if not flattering result considering their flag credentials. Don't know if anyone would have predicted Lower to beat the Stars at the tram workshop, especially by nearly 12 goals. Let's not forget the Harvey bro show.

Some results yesterday that were looking ominous for more fancied sides and a result that was perhaps not a shock by the win, but moreso the margin. Both Lalor and Watsy were well in the game and perhaps looking like potentially causing an upset. Lalor just not matching it in the last term and Diamo getting by with a comfortable if not flattering result considering their flag credentials. Don't know if anyone would have predicted Lower to beat the Stars at the tram workshop, especially by nearly 12 goals. Let's not forget the Harvey bro show.
Went and watched the Harvey show yesterday and it really was fantastic to watch
It was interesting during the 3rd quarter when Panton Hill decided to double team Shane and they both played behind him.Would have thought you would have one playing in front to block his lead.
Full credit to Panton Hill,they had a red hot crack and never gave up even though they were totally outclassed

Diamo were far from full strength - missing H.Kavanagh, Norman and Cosaitis.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Lovett two games in the Reserves at NH. Hasn't been named in the best yet.

Is he being held back due to fitness?

Are they unable to fit him in the points system? They only used 39/45 last weekend

Are they trying to argue a case to lower his points before he plays a Senior game?
Don't know if it's true, but heard he was red carded 10 minutes into the two's game yesterday.

Big game at Lower tomorrow vs Doggies. Should be a cracker & plenty on it after last played.
Not the cracker it probably could have been. More remembered for the ordinary and feral behaviour of Nth supporters who brought their own grog in, carried on like days of past, committee refused to attend half time function and old man Harvey abusing and waving his bottles of Corona around during the game. Apparently all this was due to the Tim Duckworth incident from a few weeks ago. After the goodwil from the previous home encounter at Lower with Boomer, a lot of people were disappointed with the behaviour. No doubt far too good onfield but off field left a lot to be desired.

Not the cracker it probably could have been. More remembered for the ordinary and feral behaviour of Nth supporters who brought their own grog in, carried on like days of past, committee refused to attend half time function and old man Harvey abusing and waving his bottles of Corona around during the game. Apparently all this was due to the Tim Duckworth incident from a few weeks ago. After the goodwil from the previous home encounter at Lower with Boomer, a lot of people were disappointed with the behaviour. No doubt far too good onfield but off field left a lot to be desired.
It was ordinary for club to go to media with unclear footage of a football incident that had already been investigated and cleared. And to achieve what? Get a north player suspended and publicly shamed. Which they failed miserably at too.

Who ever cleared that to happen should be ashamed.

Did lower think there would be no consequences to their actions, that north would pretend like it never happend.

As long as their was no violence then I say serves lower right.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back