NFL Div 3 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ability is one thing but you have to take the whole package when it comes to any of the Bennetts. Frontrunners who like to be the big fish in a small pond.

Got to know him last year... Was just a quiet guy that can play footy... Was no baggage with him whatsoever... Northern saints would have been absolutely spewing he's gone

Looks as all sides in Div 3 have recruited pretty well.. May be much more of a competitive year.?

In my opinion there are three sides who will be favourites for the flag, Panton Hill, Reservoir and Mernda., though Panton Hill will go through undefeated, any opinions, like to see who people think have the best top ten players in D3

In my opinion there are three sides who will be favourites for the flag, Panton Hill, Reservoir and Mernda., though Panton Hill will go through undefeated, any opinions, like to see who people think have the best top ten players in D3

I think Bennett Osborne will be the best full forward in the league this year and cant really think of a current fullback in D3 that will be able to match up to him...

Panton Hill surely will be the team to beat this year. I think they will post some massive wins this year, with some big names down there now and with the DOC incharge makes them even stronger, i dont play at the club but know Dean very well and has the talent and experiance that any Div 3 club would pray for.

Any other big names going around Div 3?? Heard Mernda have some new heads, and have seen around 20 new and some resturning faces at Watsonia which is good.
St Marys also have picked up 17 year old Knights listed Daniel Dober who was offered a hefty sum to play at berg but sources say he will be at Whatmough this year which is very handy.

Very quiet from the Mernda camp, is it because they have gone from thinking it was an automatic premiership with the players they had already and have recruited to now realising other sides have recruited better? i,e Panton Hill, St Mary's , Reservoir?

Very quiet from the Mernda camp, is it because they have gone from thinking it was an automatic premiership with the players they had already and have recruited to now realising other sides have recruited better? i,e Panton Hill, St Mary's , Reservoir?

How do we know they recruited better when they haven't played a game yet :eek:

I simply haven't posted because... well, I haven't been to training! Year 12 is taking up much of my time, but I've had a chat to a couple of players, they are happy with how things are going.

How do we know they recruited better when they haven't played a game yet :eek:

I simply haven't posted because... well, I haven't been to training! Year 12 is taking up much of my time, but I've had a chat to a couple of players, they are happy with how things are going.

Pretty spot on there, all well and good saying that clubs will be good but in the end of the day its the same dribble talked every year that we picked up this bloke or they picked up that bloke, but still sides like Watsonia and Heidelberg West (who by the way its great to see new players down) won't be strong for years to come, one player rarely can win a game of Football of this level.
Will be interesting to see some practise match fixtures ?
I know Watsonia may have Surrey Park from the Eastern in their first match.
Any Others?

went down to laurimar and watched the mernda intraclub, looking really sharp, the pace some had was unbelievable compared to the team they had on the park last year! seems to hav turned around alot, alot more skillful and getting in the right places, the new coach Willo must hav had them doing a solid preseason.

Luke Soligo looked impressive, alot of younger players really look to be stepping up, Josh Wuelfert looks as if he'll be the lead ruckman, rumours around that Andrew Oliver is taking the year off, and Justin Stewart hasn't appeared yet!

Rohan Davies also looked better than he has ever before, and is the captain of the club this year! Luke Drakes has also been around all preseason this year and is looking like a much more complete player!

Yes Rohan looked pretty fit. Who rucked? They have a new bloke who looked pretty good. Drakesy appears to have had a good preseason. A lot of the boys have beefed up. Aqua looks to have put on some kilos, they appear to have put in some solid work, good luck boys.

I know Watsonia have North Coburg it think it is in their first match...
Will be interesting to see how the new faces from greensborough go and also the young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought i'd have a go at my prediction of the div3 ladder.
feel free to comment.

Mernda
Panton Hill
St Marys
Reservoir
Parkside
Heidelberg West
Watsonia

went down to laurimar and watched the mernda intraclub, looking really sharp, the pace some had was unbelievable compared to the team they had on the park last year! seems to hav turned around alot, alot more skillful and getting in the right places, the new coach Willo must hav had them doing a solid preseason.

Luke Soligo looked impressive, alot of younger players really look to be stepping up, Josh Wuelfert looks as if he'll be the lead ruckman, rumours around that Andrew Oliver is taking the year off, and Justin Stewart hasn't appeared yet!

Rohan Davies also looked better than he has ever before, and is the captain of the club this year! Luke Drakes has also been around all preseason this year and is looking like a much more complete player!
I believe Stewy is still playing cricket, and may still also have a minor niggling injury that is preventing him from training.

Great pickup for the Redbacks signing young gun / sharpshooter Nathan "Worm" Walker from Greensborough for 200 a game. Young Nathan missed the end of last season removing an oversized Kidney stone which hospitalised him for months, but now the little whippersnapper is ready to go in 2012.

I'm hearing Mernda apparently won by around 200 points in a practice match against Jacana today... in three quarters :eek:

Not sure if serious.

I wasn't there, and the players weren't happy with the "pressure" applied (going from results where teams have won/lost by around 200 points I would know :)D) that it wouldn't be great).

Will have to hear more about what happened, I haven't heard much about how the game actually went.

Went down for a look & was very impressed with the Mernda boys.. Kept jacana to 1 or 2 points for the game while scoring at will around 18 shots a qtr.. Josh & Roh dominated the game , with all the recruits slotting in nicely.. That said Jacana weren't much oppositio. Prob had 5 (Inc reesy ) from our best side not taking part & Jesse only played a qtr.
Skills were really good & very hard at it the boys.. Can't see Mernda dropping a game this year as the depth is massive , had 42 blokes play an intra club match b4 the senior game.. Prob got around 75 on the list at moment & out of that I'd say 45 have senior experience.. Be VERY surprised if any SIDE in div3 get near them this season.. Go the Demons

Went down for a look & was very impressed with the Mernda boys.. Kept jacana to 1 or 2 points for the game while scoring at will around 18 shots a qtr.. Josh & Roh dominated the game , with all the recruits slotting in nicely.. That said Jacana weren't much oppositio. Prob had 5 (Inc reesy ) from our best side not taking part & Jesse only played a qtr.
Skills were really good & very hard at it the boys.. Can't see Mernda dropping a game this year as the depth is massive , had 42 blokes play an intra club match b4 the senior game.. Prob got around 75 on the list at moment & out of that I'd say 45 have senior experience.. Be VERY surprised if any SIDE in div3 get near them this season.. Go the Demons
Big statement there, steppininit, you are not giving much credit to other divvy 3 sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back