NFL Div 3 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect meant . Just saw a side that has topped up with ALOT of really good ex- div1 players to complement a great bunch of up & coming young guys.. Ex-Greensborough , northcote-park & oakpark captains ,multiple div1 best & fairest / premiership players.. And a great belief in what they want to achieve.. As a life time Mernda man , this is the best I've seen the playing list look..

No disrespect meant . Just saw a side that has topped up with ALOT of really good ex- div1 players to complement a great bunch of up & coming young guys.. Ex-Greensborough , northcote-park & oakpark captains ,multiple div1 best & fairest / premiership players.. And a great belief in what they want to achieve.. As a life time Mernda man , this is the best I've seen the playing list look..
Fair comment.
History has shown that the team that goes down does not necessarily win the G.F. in the lower division. I feel that there will be a couple of sides who will try to upset your team's apple-cart. However I love a passionate supporter, good luck for the season.

Went down for a look & was very impressed with the Mernda boys.. Kept jacana to 1 or 2 points for the game while scoring at will around 18 shots a qtr.. Josh & Roh dominated the game , with all the recruits slotting in nicely.. That said Jacana weren't much oppositio. Prob had 5 (Inc reesy ) from our best side not taking part & Jesse only played a qtr.
Skills were really good & very hard at it the boys.. Can't see Mernda dropping a game this year as the depth is massive , had 42 blokes play an intra club match b4 the senior game.. Prob got around 75 on the list at moment & out of that I'd say 45 have senior experience.. Be VERY surprised if any SIDE in div3 get near them this season.. Go the Demons

What a flog.

I can't really say much about the Mernda vs Jacana game yesterday. But from what I heard is Mernda played some good passages of play against a pretty mediocre opposition. Also heard they are missing 4-5 good players that will slot straight into that side come round 1. Interesting times up at Schotters Rd with what I believe is some of the best young names in Division 2 or 3.

Mernda had no opposition at all. Dont get ahead of ourselves, we still have Hurstbridge and Sth Morang before we get an indication how well we have recruited and trained.
I dont know why some of the "big guns" havent played in the practice matches, but the guys who looked good on S'day are really going to have a great year. Our back line didnt even see the ball, so it makes it hard to estimate the value of those players. Davies, Barbera, Josh etc all did look good. Several small injuries, mainly through over eagerness at the ball.
Next two weeks will give us a better picture.

Watsonia Played coburg districts on the weekend.. Coburg had made the top four last year in Div 2 WRFL (Not saying thats a high standard). They were a very fair opposition though! Both Watsonia sides fell short by a few goals 3-5ish. But with 2 squads of 26 or so and 7-8 more players to come back there were some very positive signs. Few 19s ran around also as they didnt play, and showed they could fit in quite easily.. Good yound side, who do lack experiance. Will be another battle this year but I definetely think they will improve.

All the talk of Mernda this Mernda that.. very goog to here that as i have heard the club was on its knees last year! It happens every year, sides underestimate the standard of Div 3 Football. Best of luck to them but there are still sides like St marys, Resa, Parkside and Panton Hill who will take a fair bit of beating. Will be a very interesting season.

You are kidding yourself, Jacana haven't won a game in how many years, they were a rabble, the problem withe Mernda will be how to fit in all those midfielders into the one's, it won' happen and so watch the club implode again, because the guys that don;t get a run in the one's will not hang around playing two's D3 football, might as well go back and play two's D1 football..... Mernda, will NOT beat Panton Hill, St Mary's nor Reservoir, they will finish fourth. Watching on Sat I could see too many players playing for stats..
We (Violet Town) played Panton Hill on Saturday and was quite surprised at the standard of Play. PH play an awesome brand of footy and look like they are in for a super season. Good club, good coach and a very enjoyable game playing a fantastic bunch of blokes and we wish them all the best for the upcoming year.:thumbsu:

Reservoir
Mernda
Parkside
St Marys
Panton Hill
H/west
Watsonia[/quote

PANTON HILL will not lose a game
RESERVOIR will only lose to Panton Hill
St Mary's
Mernda
Parkside
H.West
Watsonia

1. Panton Hill - Strong team last year who will only get better with Haydock at the helm. Won't Drop a game
2. St Marys - Will use there youth to advantage with fast and efficient Footy.
3- Reservoir - Have some good players come up from 19s who are up to it.. and Will improve from last year.
4. Mernda - From all reports are looking good, but it is very rare i side goes straight back up to Div 2
5. Wastonia - Will post some upsets and get close to sides. Not fit enough
6. Parkside - Could finish anywhere but age is a factor??
7. Heidelberg West - One play cant win them games in this competition. Will get close to sides and give it a red hot crack.. Bottom 3 could be swapped around easily..

1. Panton Hill - Strong team last year who will only get better with Haydock at the helm. Won't Drop a game
2. St Marys - Will use there youth to advantage with fast and efficient Footy.
3- Reservoir - Have some good players come up from 19s who are up to it.. and Will improve from last year.
4. Mernda - From all reports are looking good, but it is very rare i side goes straight back up to Div 2
5. Wastonia - Will post some upsets and get close to sides. Not fit enough
6. Parkside - Could finish anywhere but age is a factor??
7. Heidelberg West - One play cant win them games in this competition. Will get close to sides and give it a red hot crack.. Bottom 3 could be swapped around easily..
Watsonia are the biggest bunch of rabble going around, and it all starts off the feild. If this club keep the same ppl around the committee as they have previous years, well good night ak lines.................this club has been slowly on the slide and is now at rock bottom, but they seem to have the same committee???? time to step down some ppl and find fresh thoughts.....

Now id love for them to prove me wrong but imo there wont be a watsonia in a few years, there best bet is to merge with st marys and see how you go from there.

Watsonia are the biggest bunch of rabble going around, and it all starts off the feild. If this club keep the same ppl around the committee as they have previous years, well good night ak lines.................this club has been slowly on the slide and is now at rock bottom, but they seem to have the same committee???? time to step down some ppl and find fresh thoughts.....

Now id love for them to prove me wrong but imo there wont be a watsonia in a few years, there best bet is to merge with st marys and see how you go from there.

As a member of South Morang's executive committee i found Watsonia's committee very easy to work with last year. The president and secretary were easily contactable. They were all very welcoming when we played there. They had a few familiar faces from when we last played them a few years back in division 2 so they might still be using some old ideas but how about you put your hand up when it counts at the AGM to add some fresh insight instead of taking pot shots 3 weeks out from the season proper.

It's fools like you who get on here ( behind an alias ) and talk rubbish about clubs thus deterring new people from lending a hand. At the end of the day we are all volunteers and i know i speak for alot of clubs, South Morang included that could do with extra committee members.

As a member of South Morang's executive committee i found Watsonia's committee very easy to work with last year. The president and secretary were easily contactable. They were all very welcoming when we played there. They had a few familiar faces from when we last played them a few years back in division 2 so they might still be using some old ideas but how about you put your hand up when it counts at the AGM to add some fresh insight instead of taking pot shots 3 weeks out from the season proper.

It's fools like you who get on here ( behind an alias ) and talk rubbish about clubs thus deterring new people from lending a hand. At the end of the day we are all volunteers and i know i speak for alot of clubs, South Morang included that could do with extra committee members.

Couldn't of said it any better..
Volunteers is the key word here, I have been at Watsonia for three years know and there are some sensational people down there who work night and day to keep the clubs head above water.. We are unlucky in the fact we dont have the amount of volunteers such as Greensborough or Bundoora etc.. but that is an external problem and can only be fixed in time. If the club was going to fold it would have 2 years ago. Just in a long rebuilding stage at the moment and it starts with a juniors, which we need to survive.. The merger with St marys has already been thourght about (3 years ago) as they were going to merge the juniors with the seniors and make the Under 19s the St Marys Saints.. WOW what a powerhouse that wouldve been.. Unfortunatly St Marys went there own way and best of luck to them I also played my whole juniors there... The people around this club bleed for it, and it shows real character of a volunteer or player to stick through it when the times are extremely tough.. Its going to be a long and hard road for them and we will have to wait and see.. but i wont listen to keyboard heroes call a side a rabble with 3 weeks to go.. Who knows what will happen this season.. I know ill be there win lose or draw.. At the end of the day we play for enjoyment and the ultimate prize at the end. But it takes hard work to get there. Good luck to everyside this year. Peace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't of said it any better..
Volunteers is the key word here, I have been at Watsonia for three years know and there are some sensational people down there who work night and day to keep the clubs head above water.. We are unlucky in the fact we dont have the amount of volunteers such as Greensborough or Bundoora etc.. but that is an external problem and can only be fixed in time. If the club was going to fold it would have 2 years ago. Just in a long rebuilding stage at the moment and it starts with a juniors, which we need to survive.. The merger with St marys has already been thourght about (3 years ago) as they were going to merge the juniors with the seniors and make the Under 19s the St Marys Saints.. WOW what a powerhouse that wouldve been.. Unfortunatly St Marys went there own way and best of luck to them I also played my whole juniors there... The people around this club bleed for it, and it shows real character of a volunteer or player to stick through it when the times are extremely tough.. Its going to be a long and hard road for them and we will have to wait and see.. but i wont listen to keyboard heroes call a side a rabble with 3 weeks to go.. Who knows what will happen this season.. I know ill be there win lose or draw.. At the end of the day we play for enjoyment and the ultimate prize at the end. But it takes hard work to get there. Good luck to everyside this year. Peace

Well said :D :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I also have been involved at Watsy for the last few years and I can see the improvement. As you said who knows how it will go this year but every player will play their heart out to win and that is all you can ask.

Unfortunately every club suffers from lack of volunteers and too much is left to too few.
When w***ers like "powerofthepussie" let loose with their hysterics they are having a go at every volunteer there. Pussie in name and attitude as it is easy to have a crack behind their nom deplume.

If you have the courage of your convictions you can send me a pm to discuss your need to attack Watsonia.

Why the hell would i go to a agm of a club i hate???? i dont hide behind no alias, all you have to do is ask me my name......i too am a volunteer and life member at a club that was once in Watsonias shoes. I hope Watsonia can prove me wrong but from what ive seen off and on the feild i have no time for this club and cant see them going places.......

Why the hell would i go to a agm of a club i hate???? i dont hide behind no alias, all you have to do is ask me my name......i too am a volunteer and life member at a club that was once in Watsonias shoes. I hope Watsonia can prove me wrong but from what ive seen off and on the feild i have no time for this club and cant see them going places.......

Powerofthepussie (fluffyaxewound taken?) I read your comments and understand what you are saying. Watsonia did have 'new committee and idea's' however they left and the old boys replaced them.

I agree with the 'Watsonia' people who have defended their club and the great work they do for their club.

However, as great as people are and good their intentions, it does not make-up for on-field success - which in today's NFL landscape, it is how outsiders will (rightly or wrongly) judge a club.

Watsonia, it seems, has been concentrating on 'building' from the ground up. Juniors, Auskick alignment and U/19s. Great in theory, however my prediction is that is will not give the club the success these 'great clubman' are hoping for. Why ? Because of the points that PoftheP has highlighted.

I wish Watsonia success - however in the short term I do not see it coming.

A Question for the Watsonia people - "What will you classify as a successful season?"

I went down to schotters RD today and watched Mernda play Hurstbridge. Mernda just way too good all around the ground, I'm not too sure if Hurstbridge were missing too many players.
Mernda just looked to be all over them and way more dominate.
Young Delaney again was good up forward with probably 5-6, Rowan Davies was his usual self in the middle and than they had a few other blokes really standout aswell. Rees and a new young bloke who I'm not sure if he played last week were probably the 2 better players.
Mernda ended up winning by about 100 points I think it was in the end.

I went down to schotters RD today and watched Mernda play Hurstbridge. Mernda just way too good all around the ground, I'm not too sure if Hurstbridge were missing too many players.
Mernda just looked to be all over them and way more dominate.
Young Delaney again was good up forward with probably 5-6, Rowan Davies was his usual self in the middle and than they had a few other blokes really standout aswell. Rees and a new young bloke who I'm not sure if he played last week were probably the 2 better players.
Mernda ended up winning by about 100 points I think it was in the end.

92 it was.

I'm not sure if Hurstbridge were missing too many either but it was a good win to Mernda in the end. However, not going to rest on our laurels, still feel that there is a fair bit of perfection that has to be done. From this pantsing you would think that everything looks good, but there still has to be a little bit of work to be done in order to perfect the game plan. It's still only March though, so there's a lot of time to tinker in order to achieve this.

Was a good day, reserves also won comfortably and the U/19s were very competitive, played some very good patches of football but were ultimately outclassed.

I feel that a side like Panton Hill, Reservoir, perhaps even Parkside would have pantsed Hurstbridge the way they played today.

Should shout out to Rohan Davies, he's probably our best player, excellent high marker, has pace and is a ball magnet. Joshy Delaney and Jesse Owens-Draper were also very good.

Powerofthepussie (fluffyaxewound taken?) I read your comments and understand what you are saying. Watsonia did have 'new committee and idea's' however they left and the old boys replaced them.

I agree with the 'Watsonia' people who have defended their club and the great work they do for their club.

However, as great as people are and good their intentions, it does not make-up for on-field success - which in today's NFL landscape, it is how outsiders will (rightly or wrongly) judge a club.

Watsonia, it seems, has been concentrating on 'building' from the ground up. Juniors, Auskick alignment and U/19s. Great in theory, however my prediction is that is will not give the club the success these 'great clubman' are hoping for. Why ? Because of the points that PoftheP has highlighted.

I wish Watsonia success - however in the short term I do not see it coming.

A Question for the Watsonia people - "What will you classify as a successful season?"

Powerofthepussie I believe you are on your second? alias as you were red carded out of bigfooty with your other alias. I also believe your hatred of Watsonia stems from years ago (before my time) and the people involved have not been at the club for years. I think you need to grow up maybe the mines will do that.

Looker I do understand your first comments about the committee as the committee is about 80% different from when I first joined the club. What reasonable points did POTP raise "Why ? Because of the points that PoftheP has highlighted."
Unfortunately comments from people like what has happened tends to scare prospective new players away so although we try to lure some strong experienced players to our club to help the youth we do struggle. In saying that we have picked up a couple of good players this year. How anyone can get on here and say what a certain clubs committee says or does not say is crap. They are spreading gossip with no truth.
"What will you classify as a successful season?" a good question how to answer.
First off to win the flag for anyone is a successful season but you have to be realistic. After hitting rock bottom it is improvement across the whole footy club is the first step. The mateship around the club last year was terrific and we need to keep that but improve our on field performance. That is we need to be competitive. Being more competitive will mean winning games so to play finals this year would be a very successful season after the last 3 or 4 years.

Powerofthepussie I believe you are on your second? alias as you were red carded out of bigfooty with your other alias. I also believe your hatred of Watsonia stems from years ago (before my time) and the people involved have not been at the club for years. I think you need to grow up maybe the mines will do that.

Looker I do understand your first comments about the committee as the committee is about 80% different from when I first joined the club. What reasonable points did POTP raise "Why ? Because of the points that PoftheP has highlighted."
Unfortunately comments from people like what has happened tends to scare prospective new players away so although we try to lure some strong experienced players to our club to help the youth we do struggle. In saying that we have picked up a couple of good players this year. How anyone can get on here and say what a certain clubs committee says or does not say is crap. They are spreading gossip with no truth.
First off to win the flag for anyone is a successful season but you have to be realistic. After hitting rock bottom it is improvement across the whole footy club is the first step. The mateship around the club last year was terrific and we need to keep that but improve our on field performance. That is we need to be competitive. Being more competitive will mean winning games so to play finals this year would be a very successful season after the last 3 or 4 years.
Mate if that was the only that reason i hated watsonia i could turn a blind eye to it, as that kind of shit goes on everywere. There are a few other reasons to my hate for the club which i wont bore you with. And i cant be stuffed typing away. Lets just say its got nothing to do with the players, hince i had a crack at commettee too.
anyway im looking forward to reading the scores each week and seeing you guys get thumped. lets see if you can prove me wrong (i doubt it). And im not in perth for the mines.......

92 it was.

I'm not sure if Hurstbridge were missing too many either but it was a good win to Mernda in the end. However, not going to rest on our laurels, still feel that there is a fair bit of perfection that has to be done. From this pantsing you would think that everything looks good, but there still has to be a little bit of work to be done in order to perfect the game plan. It's still only March though, so there's a lot of time to tinker in order to achieve this.

Was a good day, reserves also won comfortably and the U/19s were very competitive, played some very good patches of football but were ultimately outclassed.

I feel that a side like Panton Hill, Reservoir, perhaps even Parkside would have pantsed Hurstbridge the way they played today.

Should shout out to Rohan Davies, he's probably our best player, excellent high marker, has pace and is a ball magnet. Joshy Delaney and Jesse Owens-Draper were also very good.
Good to see these young blokes coming through the ranks. The full forward, Millsy, played a big role also. This side looks a whole lot better than any Mernda have fielded for several years. next weeks game against arch rivals Sth Morang will be a good hit out.

Im not to sure who Resa played this weekend but was talking to a bloke from the EDFL club they payed saturday (cant remember the club HAHA) and he said Resa looked really good. Anyone clarify this would be interesting to hear who the side was, if i hadnt had 12 pots i would be able to remember but im pretty sure they were a Div1 EDFL club.

Im not to sure who Resa played this weekend but was talking to a bloke from the EDFL club they payed saturday (cant remember the club HAHA) and he said Resa looked really good. Anyone clarify this would be interesting to hear who the side was, if i hadnt had 12 pots i would be able to remember but im pretty sure they were a Div1 EDFL club.
I'm pretty sure Resa played H'bridge the previous week and got beaten by a few goals.

Hi OBF,
To qualify my reference to POTF - I don't agree with the 'rabble' statement. I do agree with the '... If this club keep the same ppl around the committee as they have previous years, well good night ak lines.................this club has been slowly on the slide and is now at rock bottom' Maybe the goodnight part is a lttle too dramatic - however an on-going concern.

I like your comments about attracting experienced players to help the youth. By experienced you mean players who are pasted their prime, by youth you mean players who are not good enough to play at a higher standard. That's the great divide that is a constant and will continue to be - unfortunetly because the $$ in the Northern suburbs is very,very persuasive. Something that your mob hasn't been able to compete with - for reasons that point to the 'oldboys' committe.
Great location, great ground, great rooms - poor onfield success.

I had a chat to a bloke who spoke to the club about coming on board in season 2012 - and even though he didn't say it as strongly as POTF or even i am - he indicated that things may not change at Watsonia for a bit of time yet.
He would have been a great coup for the club - and a club like yours should have gobbled him up. But it didn't, and there lies the persistant problem.

Mernda too strong all over the ground today in the pactice match at mernda, beating south morang 3 out of 4 quarters today, overheard their half time huddle, So you think div 3 is going to be a walk in the park................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back