NFL Div 3 - Offseason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hilarious also AHM, how everyone has a figure that they believe gets paid by all clubs, but without a Club AGM Financial Statement, how does everyone claim to know what gets paid for players at each club to be able to compare them?

I can only comment on Panton Hill, as I had inside knowledge, but I can't compare them to any other club as I'm not privy to any of their financial information & that's whats so funny, last time I checked Chinese whispers wasn't the treasurer at any NFL club was he???:rolleyes:

At the end of the day who cares what clubs pay?? I know for a fact that Panton Hill have always had trouble trying to recruit players based on demographics, minimal juniors & previous on field results. They're been forced to pay a little more than other clubs to entice new players, purely on location, travel time & costs. It's almost similar to what country towns are required to do to recruit players, but they're still playing in a local competition.

Finally the club has been able to convince a few quality players to join & everyone assumes they must be paying a heap more than everyone else? Maybe they are, maybe they're not? I guess you'll need a copy of all the Clubs Treasurers report to find out, but I think the majority of you will be very very surprised if you do?
Can you clear up how much Panton Hill was paying last year Coach Hollywood. You had inside Knowledge. How much a win? How much a loss and the top 5 paid players. What were they getting a game regardless of a win or a loss.

Can you clear up how much Panton Hill was paying last year Coach Hollywood. You had inside Knowledge. How much a win? How much a loss and the top 5 paid players. What were they getting a game regardless of a win or a loss.

How is it anybody's business what players got paid but Panton Hill's.Clubs pay what they can afford or what they think a player is worth or what it takes to get that player to their club
I sometimes look at forums from other leagues and all they talk about is who's getting paid what and really,who cares?
Surely these forums are to discuss how clubs are traveling,how training is going and what new players your club has got.

I can Post Op, but I won't!

I'm pretty sure my friends & team mates wouldn't appreciate me discussing their private & confidential contracts on a public forum either? To be honest I'm not sure why you would even ask that? Do you go around work asking your colleagues what salary they're all on? I doubt it..

If you wish to know that bad, I would advise you head up the Hill to the club's AGM & get elected to the committee in order to be privy to that information.

The concern is that the D3 Clubs that are spending big money on players to win a "mickey mouse" flag(there are only 7 sides!), then go up to D2 and really battle... hopefully they are actually starting on a plan to be in D1 in a few years time.

Changing the subject here.... West are training at the Tan tonight, should be interesting to see how we go. Bennett Osbourne has been fantastic in his first few weeks with the club and the boys are starting to get used to his style of play. Last week was good, alot of new faces and a couple of old ones ;)

The concern is that the D3 Clubs that are spending big money on players to win a "mickey mouse" flag(there are only 7 sides!), then go up to D2 and really battle... hopefully they are actually starting on a plan to be in D1 in a few years time.

I do believe that most D3 clubs are working towards that always happy, and I believe that the clubs will start to realize that you do have to pay a little bit more money to get your club to a stage where they can compete in D2 and eventually D1. I do however disagree with you about it being a "mickey mouse" flag. I played a lot of D1 games(mostly bad ones) and played in 3 losing 1's grand finals, I now play D3 because I cant play at D1 level anymore but it doesn't mean if I was to win a flag it would mean any less to me because there are only 7 teams in the comp.

Winning a flag is an achievement in itself, regardless of the nos of teams, and to battle at the next level, no one aims for that, but going on past events, the teams that battle, usually have their own reasons/problems that occured along the way. "always happy" I think most teams would probably be focused on one year at a time, ie getting into the four, when in the four they would focus on one game at a time.

Reservoir have recruited very well i hear. On other sides, who's gone where?

we've only got about 3 or so new players so i dont know where you would have got your info from but the club has a good feel with alot of players who needed to step up this season just past who are looking fit well and very keen for 2012

merry xmas to all bf readers and writers from the rezza committee and players & hope you all get through the festive season safely

On a different note any of the Clubs picked up any new sponsors Major Sponsors ETC? This is also a good sign for clubs to be able to spend some money!!!

I heard there has been a lot of moves from Greensborough and a few blokes from Macleod that have joined Watsonia? Heard from a reliable source a couple more Boro blokes will make the trip down Grimshaw st to help out the Saints... Interesting times ahead

I heard there has been a lot of moves from Greensborough and a few blokes from Macleod that have joined Watsonia? Heard from a reliable source a couple more Boro blokes will make the trip down Grimshaw st to help out the Saints... Interesting times ahead
Can confirm this, hopefully they can help add to what is a very young senior side and get us back in to Div 2.

I would have thought with the NFL, and many other local leagues, that spending money on player wages and winning titles often go hand in hand. I would also like to think that is many clubs' ambition to one day reach Div 1. The only way to do that is to get out of Div 3, and then, Div 2. Can't see why you would question why clubs would want to win a "Micky mouse" title. I would rather be questioning why they would brag about winning it (should they do so). It's a funny thing, you're damned if you don't sign players to win the cup, and then your damned when you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The blokes watsy have picked up all struggled to get a game in boro's 2's last year so i dont think they will be much help to their cause.. Mernda picked up the better boro players with howard and hutchinson who have played over 150 A grade games at boro.

Is the bloke having a crack at div 1 at Heidelberg? If so, surely must be a huge loss. This guy can play!!

Evidently from the bergers if you know this. He will be a loss.
Yes the kid can play and is a good kid but is inconsistent with his footy.
Ask him how he likes playing on cold, wet days. He hates it LOL. Thinks every game should be played under the roof at ETIHAD.
Wish him well :thumbsu:

Interesting to see Jeremy Bennet put in a clearance to go to Watsonia. Just another cherry picker in the family.

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

Hi ex NFL have quite a few ex afl players/rookies playing. They are mostly playing in Div 1 as unfortunately what they charge to play is beyond what most clubs in Div 3 can afford

Is a great get if they get him. He won't be training or playing the entire season - should it get over the line...

Clearance has been lodged and is pending

Nathan mills also to mernda with raso... Will easily be in their best 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back