NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess I do,
If you are going to rebuild with young talented players then try to play them altogether. They all grew up playing with and against each other , they come from very successful div1 junior sides, all of them have been either NFL reps, in Knights squads. Junior association BF top 10 and club BF winners at some stage , all figured in top 5 of league goal kicking in there last 4 years of junior div 1 footy, couple of them headed the the table!

They know no other way than to be successful and to build something, they play to play finals , there skilful and bring a unique touch to the game,

Anyone of them would be in a starting 18 for any div 3 senior club including Panton Hill, the fact Mernda have all this talent at there disposal is one hell of a bonus..

They are all mates and they just all want to get on the park together!!

Waste of time being half pregnant , do the rebuild and let these boys play, cause they sure can play!

Mernda are the big winners here..!!

And given time it will show..!!!

If any div 1 or 2 senior players could see what Mernda have and want to help some serious talent grow,they should look to heading down that way and helping these boys develop, cause they will without a shadow of a doubt eventually give them a flag to retire on!!

Just my opinion!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh good in theory, just letting these kids play week in week out for a few years, but it doesn’t work that way. If Mernda don’t get out of Div 3 within the next year or 2 then most of these kids will be gone, if they are as good as you are saying. The pull of a better standard, better money, improving there game will take over. And you need a good chunk of senior bodies in there side to win Div 3. The standard is terrible and any good young kid is not going to stick around just to play with mates and watch there footy career slowly waste away. Look at Morang. Losing all there gun young talent because they are sick of playing Div 3. Maybe Mernda is the exception?? Maybe these gun kids will stick it out for 3/4/5 years until they can win one. But I’m yet to see that path happen in Div 3

This week...
-
Laurimar to beat Reservoir by 120+
Mernda to beat Eltham by 40+
Panton Hill to beat West by 50+
Kilmore to beat Lalor by 70+

Yeh good in theory, just letting these kids play week in week out for a few years, but it doesn’t work that way. If Mernda don’t get out of Div 3 within the next year or 2 then most of these kids will be gone, if they are as good as you are saying. The pull of a better standard, better money, improving there game will take over. And you need a good chunk of senior bodies in there side to win Div 3. The standard is terrible and any good young kid is not going to stick around just to play with mates and watch there footy career slowly waste away. Look at Morang. Losing all there gun young talent because they are sick of playing Div 3. Maybe Mernda is the exception?? Maybe these gun kids will stick it out for 3/4/5 years until they can win one. But I’m yet to see that path happen in Div 3

Yes totally agree,

They have to play finals next year and pretty much win the year after..!!!

Hence why I said they need a couple of maybe a Div 1 or 2 players to drop back with them that are interested in helping develop young talent, and with the guys recruited this year really build, the young ones cat do it alone but just a couple of tweaks here and there to there playing list next year, they won’t be very far away I’m confident of that..!!!

Only problem with getting Divy 1 or Divy 2 players is having a footy manager going to get them. The problem with Divy 3 footy you take what walks through your doors instead of working on what you need from what I see at club level. Points are a juggling act from every club.
Yes totally agree,

Hence why I said they need a couple of maybe a Div 1 or 2 players to drop back with them that are interested in helping develop young talent, and with the guys recruited this year really build, the young ones cat do it alone but just a couple of tweaks here and there to there playing list next year, they won’t be very far away I’m confident of that..!!!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes totally agree,

Mernda are absolutely miles away from contending. Would need a serious influx of quality senior players. Winning premierships are very tough, South Morang has had multiple failed attempts and they were accused of not looking after the home grown kids now they have gone all in on the future by playing kids but have gone backwards. St Mary’s invested in there kids but only got a spike last year when the core group reached mid 20’s and matured.

The major point is in my experience observing local footy it takes a mix of youth and experience to win premierships. Even the much lauded Macleod model was backed up with experienced senior members and great leaders. Simply banking on kids doesn’t always work.

This week...
-
Laurimar to beat Reservoir by 120+
Eltham to beat Mernda by 26+
West to beat P/H by 20+
Kilmore to beat Lalor by 40+

The top 4 after 6 rounds, how many people thought this and how many are way off ?
A few in here spoke early of how good Mernda were going to be and Lalor had a bit of talk about them... my opinion was more PH being on top to follow would be west, Laurimar and Kilmore

Attachments

• F034F294-47B5-4278-A82D-BF1F9D141251.jpeg
    F034F294-47B5-4278-A82D-BF1F9D141251.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 261
Not every kid sticks around but realistically how many would be getting constant games in division 1 even in a few years? Really if you get 2/3 out of a age group your absolutely killing it for a division 1 club.

Sure mernda May lose a few but if they keep a core group and top up once close there’s no reason they can’t challenge

Mernda are absolutely miles away from contending. Would need a serious influx of quality senior players. Winning premierships are very tough, South Morang has had multiple failed attempts and they were accused of not looking after the home grown kids now they have gone all in on the future by playing kids but have gone backwards. St Mary’s invested in there kids but only got a spike last year when the core group reached mid 20’s and matured.

The major point is in my experience observing local footy it takes a mix of youth and experience to win premierships. Even the much lauded Macleod model was backed up with experienced senior members and great leaders. Simply banking on kids doesn’t always work.

What ever, I’m sick of negative people, Mernda will be fine you just keep knocking ..!!!

Ya watch much junior footy in the last few years to identify a bit of talent coming through ?

More will come and you wait and see!!

The top 4 after 6 rounds, how many people thought this and how many are way off ?
A few in here spoke early of how good Mernda were going to be and Lalor had a bit of talk about them... my opinion was more PH being on top to follow would be west, Laurimar and Kilmore

I went with Laurimar and still do then Hill must admit West has been a pleasant surprise, So now its 3 horse race.

Laurimar by 120 pts
Kilmore by 30 pts
Eltham to get their first win by 12 pts
Hill by 8pts West will be looking for a gauge in his game to see where they are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever, I’m sick of negative people, Mernda will be fine you just keep knocking ..!!!

Ya watch much junior footy in the last few years to identify a bit of talent coming through ?

More will come and you wait and see!!

Some of these young kids that are at Mernda at the moment have changed clubs quite a few times already in their juniors, certainly hope they stay around for a few years.

Pl
Hope Mernda play another couple more youngsters this week, transfer window is still open!!

Just saying

Watch whittlesea and other clubs come sniffing. They won’t survive at Mernda if Mernda don’t move out of div 3 anytime soon. They are way back and young talent won’t be hanging around at a div 3 club who are behind the pack with a lot of experience gone. They also have no room to move with player points so unless they have the loyalty from current players itll be very hard. Look at Morang - capeci, Steele, Caruso, Indian all gone plus others. Goodluck Mick

Not every kid sticks around but realistically how many would be getting constant games in division 1 even in a few years? Really if you get 2/3 out of a age group your absolutely killing it for a division 1 club.

Sure mernda May lose a few but if they keep a core group and top up once close there’s no reason they can’t challenge
From the last few years where South Morang have been a contender, there are about 6-8 playing consistent div1 and div2 footy and they are all young players. That’s the issue

Pl

Watch whittlesea and other clubs come sniffing. They won’t survive at Mernda if Mernda don’t move out of div 3 anytime soon. They are way back and young talent won’t be hanging around at a div 3 club who are behind the pack with a lot of experience gone. They also have no room to move with player points so unless they have the loyalty from current players itll be very hard. Look at Morang - capeci, Steele, Caruso, Indian all gone plus others. Goodluck Mick

Valid point, though you would these young kids might want to buy to what the club is trying to do and work their way up the ranks

Mernda will be dishing out the belting lol

Yep after a single win against bottom placed Reservoir, beaten by 22 points at home against South Morang (A team the Turtles drew with away) and then a 10 goal against quarter vs Panton Hill why wouldn't you be confident of a good old fashion belting against a side 2 points behind you on the ladder.

Thomastown picked up Capeci ,Caruso, klooster from south morang . Lopiccolo from Mill Park . They are all young guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back