NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see how the top 4 clubs approach games this weekend ahead of finals with early the early forecast of 10-20mm of rain on the Saturday. Rest players or risk injury & suspension in tough conditions? Turtles playing at home isn’t ideal preparation leading into finals I dare say.
Jane bunn has been knowing to make a mistake or two

Could be season over for Lazeric. Head butt is straight to the tribunal I believe. On camera and player drops instantly

Hall will be lucky to escape with 2. Complete moron. Terrible look.

Thompsons tackle, I really I don’t believe it should be anything,
Was a fantastic tackle, but the NFNL are cracking down so who knows

Lazeric 10 minimum Head butt looks like kid has broken nose.
Hall 6-8 throws about 5 punches to the bloke on the ground.
Wow game changer.

Wow game changer.
Hall attacked Thompson so quickly. Absolutely terrible look.

Maybe I’m old school but Thompsons tackle wasn’t anything more than a ripper tackle.

How’s the camera man panning off an all in brawl?

Hall will be lucky to escape with 2. Complete moron. Terrible look.

Thompsons tackle, I really I don’t believe it should be anything,
Was a fantastic tackle, but the NFNL are cracking down so who knows
Normally find you pretty fair but fantastic tackle, spare me. I was there and had great view of it. He pinned an under 19 kids arms from behind after he kicks the ball and bounced his head off the ground. Not sure that's a fantastic tackle? The kid has no memory of what happened and took no further part in the game with a severe concussion. Anyone in the league would remonstrate in that situation.

Normally find you pretty fair but fantastic tackle, spare me. I was there and had great view of it. He pinned an under 19 kids arms from behind after he kicks the ball and bounced his head off the ground. Not sure that's a fantastic tackle? The kid has no memory of what happened and took no further part in the game with a severe concussion. Anyone in the league would remonstrate in that situation.
Should give him a larger suspension because it was an under 19s kid

He pinned a senior players arms…

He jumped out grabbed his arms as he kicked obviously it’s a real shame the kid was hurt and Thompson probably still ends up with 1-2. But I don’t think it was particularly viscous. It was a desperate diving tackle, 1 motion.

I’ll be interested to see how the league judge it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow game changer.
10 weeks - your kidding, kid flops. He goes on to kick goal of the year, barely touched him. Morang fella can't remember what day it is.

Last edited:
He pinned a senior players arms…

He jumped out grabbed his arms as he kicked obviously it’s a real shame the kid was hurt and Thompson probably still ends up with 1-2. But I don’t think it was particularly viscous. It was a desperate diving tackle, 1 motion.

I’ll be interested to see how the league judge it.
Yer I get that, but the reaction from Hall is a result of a young fellas head being smashed into the ground after he kicks it. Viscous or not, he gets 2+. Failla got a week for a dangerous tackle last week without the head even hitting the ground and the player got up uninjured. Thompson has form, and against Morang, witnessed it multiple times over the years. League has shown they don't like it. Neither will be playing first final.

Yer I get that, but the reaction from Hall is a result of a young fellas head being smashed into the ground after he kicks it. Viscous or not, he gets 2+. Failla got a week for a dangerous tackle last week without the head even hitting the ground and the player got up uninjured. Thompson has form, and against Morang, witnessed it multiple times over the years. League has shown they don't like it. Neither will be playing first final.
Who knows how all this goes the at the tribunal, a lot to unpack.

Going to be a busy week for both clubs

Wastin time, you have to be kidding 10 weeks, possibly 1 for stupidity and you say Hall threw 5 punches ?...geez don't spoil a good story by telling the truth.

We’ll see , a head butt can’t be a week (take the morang glasses off) , it’s a minimum 6 . If he has a bad record = 10.
Hall dives on the bloke on ground & throws a heap of punches , at least 4 weeks.
Both these boys seasons should be over for ‘dumb’ acts.
I know it affects finals , but too bad.
Surely respective coaches of all 4 finals sides , stressed the fact ladder can’t change & to pull your heads in for next couple weeks.
That’s 4 reports/red cards for Morang in last 2 weeks , are they the equal of Mernda this season?
We hung Mernda for ‘stupid’ acts , fairs fair..

1 week for head butting? I’m pretty sure the minimum is like 4 or more.
You can't see if there's any real contact, surely the player will get the benefit f doubt.
I don't follow either team but after reading some of the comments I thought I'd take a look and gee there's some bed wetters in here.

We’ll see , a head butt can’t be a week (take the morang glasses off) , it’s a minimum 6 . If he has a bad record = 10.
Hall dives on the bloke on ground & throws a heap of punches , at least 4 weeks.
Both these boys seasons should be over for ‘dumb’ acts.
I know it affects finals , but too bad.
Surely respective coaches of all 4 finals sides , stressed the fact ladder can’t change & to pull your heads in for next couple weeks.
That’s 4 reports/red cards for Morang in last 2 weeks , are they the equal of Mernda this season?
We hung Mernda for ‘stupid’ acts , fairs fair..
FWIW I don't follow Morang the initial tackles causes the melee and #11 remonstrates. Yes there was a punch and he will get a week or 2 at the most.
No doubt both were dumb acts but some of your comments are over the top...who do you follow ??

Had to have a look to see what all the discussion was about. My opinion though that means little.

Tackle was not bad just a tackle gone bad that caused injury. I know they are cracking down on tackles but that was one action IMO.
Idiot that jumped on and started punching should expect a fair few weeks, just before finals what a DH.
Idiot that headbutted, did not look overly hard but it was a headbutt, another pill that will miss a few weeks.

Strange that you are on top of ladder and allow yourself to get sucked into that crap. The tackle may have looked worse live but seen a many worse and no peanuts decided to start punching on. Very weird.

You can't see if there's any real contact, surely the player will get the benefit f doubt.
I don't follow either team but after reading some of the comments I thought I'd take a look and gee there's some bed wetters in here.
The player drops instantly from the impact. Yes it doesn’t look hard but you hit the end of someone’s nose Via a head butt and it can be painful.

Faking or not he took a while to get up and was helped by a trainer. Good luck arguing “I didn’t hit him”

I think 3-4 is what he will get tbh.

The player drops instantly from the impact. Yes it doesn’t look hard but you hit the end of someone’s nose Via a head butt and it can be painful.

Faking or not he took a while to get up and was helped by a trainer. Good luck arguing “I didn’t hit him”

I was there, didn’t see all of the initial attack on Thompson but judging by some of the suspensions handed out this season dont be surprised if Thompson gets 2 and Hall and Lazaric season may well be finished. You don’t want to see good players miss finals but the non football actions deserve to be judged harshly. Take into consideration the fact Keys copped a 5 week hand out last week. Retaliation has never been a justified cause for striking or head butting opponents since the 90’s

South will be big losers out of this as both boys are key players.

There's been comments of a broken nose and if that was the case surely he be bleeding ?
I don't see any cut or blood on the Laurimar player, as I said earlier 1 week for stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back