NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been comments of a broken nose and if that was the case surely he be bleeding ?
I don't see any cut or blood on the Laurimar player, as I said earlier 1 week for stupidity.
Im not sure of much with the NFNL tribunal system, but im sure he isn’t walking away with 1 week for that.

My 2 cents as an impartial observer
Thompson, trying to stop ball carrier with ball, lunges to tackle seen plenty of tackles like this during the year, if Sth Morang player misses the ball, will be paid holding. His head does hit the ground but I think it’s a football act, not sure what Thompson could have done

Hall, vision seems to show 1-2 punches, from what I can see, if he has been offered 2 weeks with red card, I would just take that.

The head butt, again hard to see clear vision but Laurimar player does go down and has to be assisted from the ground. Definite head butt and i would say 2-4 weeks

Both clubs pretty dumb to risk players one week before finals.

Will make for an interesting 2nd semi final in a few weeks time

My 2 cents as an impartial observer
Thompson, trying to stop ball carrier with ball, lunges to tackle seen plenty of tackles like this during the year, if Sth Morang player misses the ball, will be paid holding. His head does hit the ground but I think it’s a football act, not sure what Thompson could have done

Hall, vision seems to show 1-2 punches, from what I can see, if he has been offered 2 weeks with red card, I would just take that.

The head butt, again hard to see clear vision but Laurimar player does go down and has to be assisted from the ground. Definite head butt and i would say 2-4 weeks

Both clubs pretty dumb to risk players one week before finals.

Will make for an interesting 2nd semi final in a few weeks time
I’d be surprised if the league didn’t request Hall to attend the tribunal. I think there’s been much less given 2 weeks this season.

Surely straight to tribunal for Hall. Check out the elbow lifting like he is trying to get the lawn mower started!
Check out number 27 from southy right before the headbutt. Footage of him kicking someone in the shins.
Genuine flog!

Hall basically teleports to Thompson straight after the tackle. Doesn’t bother to check on the state of his team mate. Like he didn’t even know he was “knocked out” at that stage and that was his reaction?

Seems like a excuse to lay into Laurimars best player to me.

The ruckman is beyond stupid. Kicks someone then head butts. May as well head off to football trip.

As some that just follows local footy. This sums up Div 3 footy, to many blokes that don't have footy IQ and skill. Can beat them with football skill so bash them... wow, massive step back in class.

L 17, poor tackling skill, causes SM player to hit his head on ground. Was a footy ball action, done really poorly. Should get a couple of weeks

SM 11, not a football action. To jump onto a player on the ground and strike a player is just stupid and wrong. Looks like several strikes before the melee, and guessing several more in the bottom of the pack. Should get minimum 4-6.

SM 27, stupid action. Headbutting, real tuff man, and then walks away and lets his team mates sort it out. Should get 4-6 weeks minimum.

The actions should be judged, not the force.

Might be time blokes to focus on the footy etc instead of the lack of discipline. Even martial arts fighters understand discipline. This happens way to many times at Div 3 level (multiple times with Mernda, stuff at SM several years ago). This stuff is killing the reputation of the NFNL.

If NFNL are serious about supporting to end the coward punch then the bloke from SM who was first in doesn't play footy again this year. Plenty of ways to show support rather than resorting to throwing punches while a bloke is defenceless on the ground.

As some that just follows local footy. This sums up Div 3 footy, to many blokes that don't have footy IQ and skill. Can beat them with football skill so bash them... wow, massive step back in class.

L 17, poor tackling skill, causes SM player to hit his head on ground. Was a footy ball action, done really poorly. Should get a couple of weeks

SM 11, not a football action. To jump onto a player on the ground and strike a player is just stupid and wrong. Looks like several strikes before the melee, and guessing several more in the bottom of the pack. Should get minimum 4-6.

SM 27, stupid action. Headbutting, real tuff man, and then walks away and lets his team mates sort it out. Should get 4-6 weeks minimum.

The actions should be judged, not the force.

Might be time blokes to focus on the footy etc instead of the lack of discipline. Even martial arts fighters understand discipline. This happens way to many times at Div 3 level (multiple times with Mernda, stuff at SM several years ago). This stuff is killing the reputation of the

Part 1 end of the quarter…
Interesting viewing . 11 is coaches son isn’t he ? I think league will find a few more in that footage .

Interesting viewing . 11 is coaches son isn’t he ? I think league will find a few more in that footage .
Certainly interesting viewing, as a separate matter, although they did not appear to be involved in any action, are the runners from both teams allowed to be on the ground during the melee.

Scrolling through facebook and i stumble across the Whittlesea highlights from the weekend.

Whittlesea showgrounds looking very ordinary.

Big cold snap hitting this week too. Would they consider a late change of venue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrolling through facebook and i stumble across the Whittlesea highlights from the weekend.

Whittlesea showgrounds looking very ordinary.

Big cold snap hitting this week too. Would they consider a late change of venue?
EBERT THE KING just had a look at division 1 fixture and Whittlesea’s last 2 games are both away so ground should be fine

Did Hall get sent to the tribunal or been able to take the 2? Was Mitch Thomson investigated?
Lazaric called to the tribunal?

Big week in D3!
Intriguing week of footy to finish for the top 4. All dead rubbers.

Morang v Mernda
Turtles v West
Kilmore v Ressa
Laurimar v Lalor

Kilmore and Laurimar likely to face bruise free footy and can rest a few v Morang and Turtles to face much more physical contests in the tough conditions. All teams will be hoping to avoid further injury and suspension.

Interesting to see if the Turtles are disadvantaged by playing against more mature bodies on there home ground a week out from finals compared to Kilmore facing off against a youthful reservoir.

Did Hall get sent to the tribunal or been able to take the 2? Was Mitch Thomson investigated?
Lazaric called to the tribunal?

Big week in D3!
Not sure he would get investigated for the tackle momentum just took
Him forward and unlucky landing. You’d hope not anyway and if he did the morang players would be looking at a fair amount of times on sidelines

3 out of 4 missing on Kilmore

Winner of the round: Going with Old Eltham who will go into their finals series with a win over Kilmore. The 3 games have had margins of 2 x 10 point wins to Kilmore and a 1 point win to the turtles. Can’t wait for 4th edition in the elimination final in 2 weeks time

Loser of the round: Sadly for Lalor their last chance at a win wasn’t to be losing by 24 points to Lalor. They did have something to celebrate though with their reserves getting their first win in 2023.

Let’s hope for the good of the competition both Reservoir and Lalor can have good off seasons, recruit well and be more competitive in 2023.

With Kinglake looking to come back into the division 3 in 2023, if all 9 teams are competitive then that is all we can ask

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back