NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely wasn’t the smartest thing done by Stefanile.
Will be interesting to see if video pick it up, ball was in vicinity so definite possibility.

The Power’s pressure throughout the day was something that Sth Morang didn’t cope with. Pressure is definitely on the Lions now and I am sure coaching staff of both Kilmore and Old Eltham watched intently as well.

Well done to Laurimar, first finals win and into their first grand final, they can sit back and watch the next weeks game and prepare accordingly.

Definitely wasn’t the smartest thing done by Stefanile.
Will be interesting to see if video pick it up, ball was in vicinity so definite possibility.

The Power’s pressure throughout the day was something that Sth Morang didn’t cope with. Pressure is definitely on the Lions now and I am sure coaching staff of both Kilmore and Old Eltham watched intently as well.

Well done to Laurimar, first finals win and into their first grand final, they can sit back and watch the next weeks game and prepare accordingly.
Money well spent 😂

Morang making those statements I said they would over the next few weeks. Turns out I was wrong on one point though, its not a two horse race based on Laurimars effort today. Morang's clearly a cut above the rest now they have their players back and it's their flag to lose.
Anyone done a welfare check on the Fossilhorse?

Very dangerous for South Morang regardless who the play next week. Potentially 2 big ruckman down and playing 2 sides they have lost to throughout the year.
Will their list be content with playing in division 3 for another year if they lose?

Very dangerous for South Morang regardless who the play next week. Potentially 2 big ruckman down and playing 2 sides they have lost to throughout the year.
Will their list be content with playing in division 3 for another year if they lose?
The team who lose the first final always seem “shaky” especially coming into a game against a winner but they’ve been the best side of the year so you’d expect them to bounce back.

On the other hand South’s expectations have been a flag or bust so a lot of pressure is now on the players.

If Stefanile goes, who knows what happens there it throws a real spanner in the works for their coach.

Anyone done a welfare check on the Fossilhorse?
Haha well played. The family and I are crook at the moment so welfare check appreciated. Couldn't get down and listened on radio, sounds like morang missed multiple chances when they had momentum. Tidy up the umpire abuse and I have no doubt morang will smash whoever they face next week and hopefully get some key players back over the next few weeks. Still backing the boys in!

Haha well played. The family and I are crook at the moment so welfare check appreciated. Couldn't get down and listened on radio, sounds like morang missed multiple chances when they had momentum. Tidy up the umpire abuse and I have no doubt morang will smash whoever they face next week and hopefully get some key players back over the next few weeks. Still backing the boys in!
They've had 20 weeks to do that, poor reflection on all involved if that is still happening. One of the few things you can control in big finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where to for Kilmore. Looked pretty slow today.
Yep Turtles looked good today. Controlled the game basically all day but weren’t able to put them away until the last.

Not long ago Kilmore was seriously struggling so while disappointing they’d be pretty happy with the direction their club is going. They’ll keep building their 19s and Juniors. They’ll be there abouts next year

Last edited:
Yep Turtles looked good today. Controlled the game basically all day but weren’t able to put them away until the last.

Not long ago Kilmore was seriously struggling so while disappointing they’d be pretty happy with the direction their club is going. They’ll keep building their 19s and Juniors. They’ll be there abouts next year
Agree they looked like they could use an injection of speed

Did Stefanile get offered weeks or has he been sent to the tribunal?
No idea. Huge out if so. A few things just happening at the wrong time for them.

Fair bit of pressure on the South boys now. Listening to Gary Hall on the podcast he was pretty adamant it was “their time”

Could the pressure just be getting to them?

No idea. Huge out if so. A few things just happening at the wrong time for them.

Fair bit of pressure on the South boys now. Listening to Gary Hall on the podcast he was pretty adamant it was “their time”

how big is the loss of losing Lazaric ? does he make the difference to structures and presance around the ground?

0 out of 2 in picking finals winners (that’s life when you try and pick the winner)

Full credit to Laurimar who completely outplayed Sth Morang. Sth Mornag kicked a goal at the 2 min mark of the 2nd quarter but then it was all Laurimar in kicking the next 6 during the second and third terms, our scoring the Lions 40-13 during these 2 quarters. Potter tried hard all day for the Lions but was starved off opportunity up forward while Richards, Wilson, Thompson and Andrews all played great games for Laurimar. Laurimar with their first finals win since going the NFNL and move into the grand final. For the Lions a cut throat preliminary final against Old Eltham awaits. They will get Tye Hall back from suspension which will help but question marks hang over Stefanile’s availability after his yellow card.

Old Eltham also created their own history with first finals win for them as well since joining NFL. Nick Milne was terrific with 6 goals in a BOG performance and it was the older wiser heads of Snowden, Mcdonagh and Quinton who saw the turtles over the line. For Kilmore, it was a disappointing end to a season that at times promised a lot but then delivered an early finals exit. Chris and Ciaran Barton gave their all but Taylor-Egan, Paxton and Webb only kicking 2 majors between Kilmore’s 3 leading goal kickers it was never going to be enough.

The Turtles now face Sth Morang who they have a 1-2 record against and suffered a 70 point thrashing from in round 16

Well if he only got a yellow and no offered weeks, then he's safe. Unless Laurimar make a complaint.

Well if he only got a yellow and no offered weeks, then he's safe. Unless Laurimar make a complaint.

Not necessarily I think Umps can ask MRP to review all cards and other incidents, does not have to come from opposition. Even a NFNL official at the game can note the time and ask MRP to look at it. I had a look at if being a moron just trying to hurt someone costs him a Prelim this bloke should cop it. Terrible grey matter in that head clearly, it was nothing but trying to get a few cheap punches in for no reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back