NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking it one week at the time Chump. We’ll just focus on our systems and processes and let the scoreboard look after itself

bcef41ed6c2e70c5186abead24efd10c.jpg

I'd say the lid is off down at Garvey!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate we have enough people trying to raid us😱😱
IJFC ...... everyone has had a dip, so please don't get me started!

It's been a disgrace what has happened over the years and the 'manipulation' that continues, thankfully that is coming to an end. That is not to say that all kids will play at one senior club, they never do. But much has been done to make sure OUR club is recognised as it righty should be after starting the IJFC in 1975.

It's been a disgrace what has happened over the years and the 'manipulation' that continues, thankfully that is coming to an end. That is not to say that all kids will play at one senior club, they never do. But much has been done to make sure OUR club is recognised as it righty should be after starting the IJFC in 1975.
What’s a disgrace??

No junior club belongs to a senior club.

I know the felines have tried everything to decimate your link. Hopefully you get it back.

We are still going to attract school boys to Oifgc.

There aren’t too many ijfcs who we go after that aren’t school boys. I could be wrong.

I know the felines have tried everything to decimate your link. Hopefully you get it back.

There aren’t too many ijfcs who we go after that aren’t school boys. I could be wrong.
So no senior player belongs to any senior club then Maxy or no school kid belongs to any senior club. Cant have it both ways!

And don't worry about our 'link' it is getting stronger by the day, much to the disappointment of several.
Watch this space.

Last edited:
What’s a disgrace??
Several instances of 'deals' done that significantly financially encouraged coaches to take full squads of juniors to other senior clubs (happened twice in my time at the club), deliberate meddling in MOU process/allocation, significant pressure placed on junior representatives/committee to support other senior clubs they have alignment with rather than the IFC senior club and school scholarships offered to some parents of players - personally know of three.

Whilst all of this, I am sure, has happened at other clubs and some would suggest all is fair and reasonable in attracting talent to a club, I have always been of the opinion that is a little OTT. So in the end, alot of this forced our club to move competitions and give ourselves a chance at finding ways to attract talent that we couldn't in the VAFA. We will see if it works, but in year 1 it helped us secure several past-juniors back to the club.

So no senior player belongs to any senior club then Maxy or no school kid belongs to any senior club. Cant have it both ways!

And don't worry about our 'link' it is getting stronger by the day, much to the disappointment of several.
Watch this space.
Mate you know me. I just want players to play. I’d all like them at my club, but that’s not possible.

If you get that connection right, HW, Macleod, NP and to a lesser extent H, you will quickly go past them.

Hope the big fellas knee is recovering ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough, cold day at Kinglake. Hoes struggled to shrug off Kinglake all day. I can understand why it's hard to win there.

Great options at the canteen inluding: roast beef rolls, chips, pizza and penne carbonara.
Always hard to shrug off a team that does not 'miss' for the whole match Wamba. 10 straight - unbelievable!

Tough, cold day at Kinglake. Hoes struggled to shrug off Kinglake all day. I can understand why it's hard to win there.

Great options at the canteen inluding: roast beef rolls, chips, pizza and penne carbonara.
Thanks for the tip fatboi

Canteen reviews should be encouraged more often - this sounds elite

Parkside junior club has a lot of say re senior club, reason they will
Never go back to NFNL as the juniors playing in SFL are not a great fan of NFNL and junior hierarchy will direct juniors elsewhere and have no association with seniors.

Parkside junior club has a lot of say re senior club, reason they will
Never go back to NFNL as the juniors playing in SFL are not a great fan of NFNL and junior hierarchy will direct juniors elsewhere and have no association with seniors.
so a group of adults across changes in era and administrations hold grudge or generational issues with other adults who also may no longer be involved in nfnl or previous junior senior bodies

but still willing to not reestablish relations in the best interest of nearby community and local football in their [pocket of land wow.

Last edited:
one of the guys at douttas knows e few out that way and he thought it looks like kilmore were loading up for the twos flag i now wonder if goalposts move a bit on the club motivations after that upset win.
3 losses on the trot for turtles. Same game plan over the past few years that doesn’t allow them to score which leaves the opposition in the game.

one of the guys at douttas knows e few out that way and he thought it looks like kilmore were loading up for the twos flag i now wonder if goalposts move a bit on the club motivations after that upset win.
Kilmore won both games it’s hard to believe that are loading up too much for a twos flag when their ones still beat turtles who were supposed to be flag favs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back