Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 131 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 334 71.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh. Did Carlton have to forfeit the Preliminary Final to the Lions (and the Grand Final to Collingwood) because their entire list was injured?

Because your analogy, and it's a poor one.
As per usual, your presumptions are full of ifs, but's and maybe's. I can can play that game as well.

He's been his team's best player in 11 of 14 games, and his team is 3rd on the ladder.

I see it as being the single most influential and valuable player in the competition.
You just saw Bontempelli whoop his ass and teach him a lesson a couple of weeks back. Most influential and valuable player in the comp is just more one eyed Collingwood nuffery

Not sure why the few Carlton fans keep this thread going?

Heeney and Nick have put a gap on the pack in the coaches votes now.

So after coming 3rd in both Brownlow and Coaches award in 2023 in his second season, Nick has improved his game again in season 3.

Again today, most contested possessions and score involvements in the game. Dragged a Pies team to the 3rd biggest comeback in the 21st century.

Just wait til the Pies get out senior mids back and we can get Daicos on the outside again!!

Maybe stick to the facts rather than what might have been, and perhaps people will take you more seriously
I'm not the only person in the world who has said Daicos would have a Brownlow, Coaches Award and likely Players MVP if not for the late season injury.

It's actually a common perception. It's not my issue you guys refuse to acknowledge it.

So after coming 3rd in both Brownlow and Coaches award in 2023 in his second season, Nick has improved his game again in season 3.

Again today, most contested possessions and score involvements in the game. Dragged a Pies team to the 3rd biggest comeback in the 21st century.

Just wait til the Pies get out senior mids back and we can get Daicos on the outside again!!
I'd love to see teams continue to put as much work into Daicos and let the likes of De Goey and Pendlebury run amok (in the same way we're seeing with the Sydney trio).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again trying to bundle Nicky with Heeney who's leading him by 13 with 1 less game played... Heeney is in a class of his own. Nick is the next tier down.

It's just a question. How many ?
Yes id love to see a Brownlow predictor from Fudgey. Heeney would have to be leading by at least 10 in any sort of unbias take on it.
There's a reason Heeney's only a marginal favourite in the Brownlow Medal betting, with a gap to the next in line.

If you guys think Heeney is such a sure thing, you can make a 300% return on your investment in a little over 3 months - Do it.

I'm not the only person in the world who has said Daicos would have a Brownlow, Coaches Award and likely Players MVP if not for the late season injury.

It's actually a common perception. It's not my issue you guys refuse to acknowledge it.
Cripps would have won the Brownlow in 2021 if not for a fractured back. You heard it here first!

You just saw Bontempelli whoop his ass and teach him a lesson a couple of weeks back. Most influential and valuable player in the comp is just more one eyed Collingwood nuffery
So you're nominating Bontempelli as a more influential and valuable player than Daicos over the course of 2024?

Good luck with that one...

Again trying to bundle Nicky with Heeney who's leading him by 13 with 1 less game played... Heeney is in a class of his own. Nick is the next tier down.
You do realise they aint added votes from this weekend yet, but we all have seen the games.

Nick will get at least 8, and Heeney lucky to get a couple.

So Nick will be up around 75, Heeney low 80s and then way back to the Bont who might get into the early 60s.

A clear two horse race developing, and it is Nick who is building nicely.

Should just ban yourself from this thread to stop making yourself look silly.

I'm just watching vision on First Crack where they're commenting about Bontempelli having a free run of it all game against Freo.

I reiterate, no single player has copped as much on field attention as Daicos has over the course of 2024, and he's currently performing as the second best player in the competition over the season.

As a 21 year old.

Idk what fantasy world ur living in but unless the umps are deadset brain dead Heeney is going to win it with about 40 votes this year. He's been BoG or close to BoG every game bar 1 this year.
LOL, yes Heeney been very good but you like always are underestimating Daicos because the sheer fact you don’t like him.

It would be very close ATM and I’d back Daics to get more votes back half of the year just purely because he is a better player then Heeney.

LOL, yes Heeney been very good but you like always are underestimating Daicos because the sheer fact you don’t like him.

It would be very close ATM and I’d back Daics to get more votes back half of the year just purely because he is a better player then Heeney.
Go through a calculator and tell me how it's 'close' Heeney could genuinely already be on 30 votes already. He's having an all time season. Daicos is not.

Go through a calculator and tell me how it's 'close' Heeney could genuinely already be on 30 votes already. He's having an all time season. Daicos is not.

IMG_0736.jpeg

That’s last weeks leaderboard from ESPN whom get it right most years.

I’d give Heeney 1 vote from the other night and Daicos gets 3 today.

That’s 22.5 to 20.5.

That’s pretty close at round 14.

Does this make you happy or will you just dismiss this as well?

Back