Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 131 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 334 71.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2021873

That’s last weeks leaderboard from ESPN whom get it right most years.

I’d give Heeney 1 vote from the other night and Daicos gets 3 today.

That’s 22.5 to 20.5.

That’s pretty close at round 14.

Does this make you happy or will you just dismiss this as well?
Daics is gonna run away with it, the first of many Brownlows for the game's number 1 player

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 2021873

That’s 22.5 to 20.5.

ESPN are well known Daicos fanboys.

View attachment 2021873

That’s 22.5 to 20.5.

I've got Heeney on 28 votes to round 14 so I guess I just don't rate the ESPN nuffs who wrote this.

LDU was phenomenal but GOATcos kicked 2 and assisted 3. Most contested possessions on the ground. Breathtakingly good second half of footy

Daicos was one of 2 midfielders with 10 score involvements and 3 goal assists today.

The other was a 19 year old that had it 30 times, kicked 1.1 and had 6 clearances ontop of those numbers.

He also spent 25 minutes less time on the ground than Naicos in getting those numbers. Basically played an entire quarter less.

If anyone gets the 3 votes over Daicos it’s Wardlaw or Hill.

Last edited:
This thread should be moved to the bay.

Anyone that would entertain Nick being the goat has no knowledge of the game and should not be taken seriously.

Exactly. Mods - get onto it. This thread has run its race on the main board. If people want to debate and clash then they can do so in this thread in the Bay.

So you're nominating Bontempelli as a more influential and valuable player than Daicos over the course of 2024?

Good luck with that one...
To be fair the Bont would be a worthy winner if Nick weren’t to get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're still begging for my analysis on all things football...
Because of your outlandish statements and inability to back them up with actual facts. It's all guess work, abacus work, and fadgetheorum and no consideration for anything outside of your eye test which, to me, is merely of black and white goggles

You just saw Bontempelli whoop his ass and teach him a lesson a couple of weeks back. Most influential and valuable player in the comp is just more one eyed Collingwood nuffery
Bont was sensational that day but ND was also exceptionally good. Bont 10 and Daics 8 votes by the coaches tell you that

Idk what fantasy world ur living in but unless the umps are deadset brain dead Heeney is going to win it with about 40 votes this year. He's been BoG or close to BoG every game bar 1 this year.
Not sure you are here to have a discussion but the idea that the 2024 Brownlow is a forgone conclusion with teams having 9 or 10 matches to go seems premature. The only one of the big awards we know currently is the AFLCA and Heeney has a nice but not insurmountable lead over Daicos.

If you want to be objective in a thread about GOAT potential and want to discuss the Brownlow look at what is known.

BONT. Will probably end his career as Dogs GOAT and an AFL legend. Career Brownlow votes 169 (10 seasons), 1st 2 seasons 17 votes
HEENEY. Excellent player, some chance to be a HOF contender. Career Brownlow 46 votes (9 seasons), 1st 2 seasons 7 votes
DAICOS . Exceptional career start, as good as just about any first 2 and a bit seasons. Brownlow 39 votes 2 seasons.

Further comparisons

Judd stunning young player and Brownlow prodigy. 12 votes 1st 2 seasons
Walsh another prodigy and the Carlton player i cant help but see as a career champ 14 votes 1st 2 seasons.

Trying to damn Daicos with faint praise seems a waste of time. The objective evidence says its silly not to see an early career of very rare brilliance and even if he just stays at current levels he will be in GOAT discussions at career end.

Few other fun facts with Daicos re the brownlow

1. He is the highest votes per game player of all modern players even after just 2 seasons at 0.93 votes per game
2. Only Haydn Bunton 1.04 and Graham Moss 0.95 rate higher than Daicos
3. By the end of his 3rd season its fairly safe to assume he will join Haydn Bunton as the only player ever to be averaging 1 vote or better per game.
4 On current trajectory he will be on course to be the greatest voter getter in Brownlow history

Daicos got 39 Brownlow votes in his 1st 2 seasons. compare this to what the top 10 Brownlow vote getters in history got in their 1st 2 seasons

1 GAJ 3 votes
2. Danger 0 votes
3. Dempsey 2 votes
4. Mitchell 7 votes
5. Pendles 1 vote
6. Rob Harvey 4 votes
7. Selwood 20 votes
8. Martin 18 votes
9. Judd 12 votes
10. Lethal (current GOAT) 5 votes

Add in Fyfe next best of modern players for votes per game at 0.90 18 votes

Nick Daicos getting 39 votes in his 1st 2 seasons is insane. A Bradman stat.

Last edited:
Few other fun facts with Daicos re the brownlow

1. He is the highest votes per game player of all modern players even after just 2 seasons at 0.93 votes per season
2. Only Haydn Bunton 1.04 and Graham Moss 0.95 rate higher than Daicos
3. By the end of his 3rd season its fairly safe to assume he will join Haydn Bunton as the only player ever to be averaging 1 vote or better per game.
4 On current trajectory he will be on course to be the greatest voter getter in Brownlow history

Daicos got 39 Brownlow votes in his 1st 2 seasons. compare this to what the top 10 Brownlow vote getters in history got in their 1st 2 seasons

1 GAJ 3 votes
2. Danger 0 votes
3. Dempsey 2 votes
4. Mitchell 7 votes
5. Pendles 1 vote
6. Rob Harvey 4 votes
7. Selwood 20 votes
8. Martin 18 votes
9. Judd 12 votes
10. Lethal (current GOAT) 5 votes

Add in Fyfe next best of modern players for votes per game at 0.90 18 votes

Nick Daicos getting 39 votes in his 1st 2 seasons is insane. A Bradman stat.
I was happy with naming him GOATcos, but if you’re suggesting we should also start calling him The Don, then I’m down with that!

Back