Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 71.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're underselling his traits.

He's top shelf at multiple things:

Hands like Lachie Neale
Vision like Pendlebury
Runs like Ben Cousins
Kicks like Lindsay Gilbee
Reads the game like Greg Williams

He's an amazing combination of attributes. You can be a champion with just one or two of those.
I would say all of those things are true, actually

I think you're underselling his traits.

He's top shelf at multiple things:

Hands like Lachie Neale
Vision like Pendlebury
Runs like Ben Cousins
Kicks like Lindsay Gilbee
Reads the game like Greg Williams

He's an amazing combination of attributes. You can be a champion with just one or two of those.
You forgot marks like Peewee Herman!

Surprised Pee Wee Herman GIF

You forgot marks like Peewee Herman!

Surprised Pee Wee Herman GIF
The funny thing about those knocking aspects of the game is that you're actually pointing out things that he'll probably get a fair bit better out, when many already consider him the best player in the game. A bit scary for those looking to knock him that he's still well and truly on the way up.

The funny thing about those knocking aspects of the game is that you're actually pointing out things that he'll probably get a fair bit better out, when many already consider him the best player in the game. A bit scary for those looking to knock him that he's still well and truly on the way up.
Fat from the best I’m afraid.

He’s a good player no doubt.

This is such a ******ed thread lol

Everyone posting here would love to have him on their team

This is such a ******ed thread lol

Everyone posting here would love to have him on their team
Right lol

Like realistically who is in the same category this year?

Bont, Heeney, Warner, Gulden and Cripps

Even if he is 6th after those guys (he’s not, he’s top 3) it’s still pretty ****ing good

If someone said would you take:
Serong, Brayshaw, LDU, Anderson or Butters I’m fairly sure every single supporter of every single club would say yes

I’m certain everyone would say yes to Josh Dunkley, Bailey Dale or Tom Stewart for that matter

Do I think he’s going to be the GOAT? I don’t, but I can appreciate he is a VERY good footballer that may claim his first brownlow this year. It’s a bit strange when people won’t admit that.

I thought he was massively over rated in his first season and a half. Easy for players to look good in that free half back role, even makes fisher look good 😂

But the last 18 months? I could not rate him higher. The kid is so good it's honestly a joke and my jealousy is absoloutly through the roof.

Not many inside mids have line breaking pace and agility. Of those inside mids that have athletic ability to burst out of contests, almost none have elite skills and composure.

Nic has all of it. He has it at the extreme top level. Then you add class goal kicking. Add his outside run. Add how clutch he has. Then look at his age. Honestly it's a sick joke I absoloutly hate it.

Anyone that says he can't surpass gaz junior is genuinley an idiot. Do I think he will? I'm not sure. But the level he is playing at right now, carrying Collingwood to a premiership, being the best player all these legendary players have played with, at his age???? The potential is absolutely there for him to be the goat. Only people trolling or hating would deny it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but he will never ruck like Simon Madden, so meh. ;)

More accurately, Collingwood supporters mostly are talking him up as the best player in the game. Not saying he is not very good. But the best player in the competition today...not for mine.

More accurately, Collingwood supporters mostly are talking him up as the best player in the game. Not saying he is not very good. But the best player in the competition today...not for mine.

Even last year, a lot of players and pundits were referring to him as the best player in the game. I thought it was premature then, but he's taken it up a notch this year. If he's not the best, he's bloody close.

Even last year, a lot of players and pundits were referring to him as the best player in the game. I thought it was premature then, but he's taken it up a notch this year. If he's not the best, he's bloody close.
He's EASILY the best and there will be no argument by the end of the year

Sheezels 2024 to Goaties 2022, both players at the same age

Jesus mate you've gotta drop this

Daicos 2022 = first season in the system
Sheezel 2023 = first year in the system

Daicos 2023 = second year in the system
Sheezel 2024 - second year in the system

They are equivalents.

You are disregarding an entire year of Daicos wizardry because Sheezel was born 9 months later in his draft year.

It's probably time for Melbourne City Council to do a bit of urban planning and set aside some land for a future Nick Daicos statue.

Where should it go? I'm leaning towards knocking down parliament house. I think that'd be a good site. Top of the city would be fitting.

Last edited:
Back