Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 143 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 355 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's all well and good, but nothing to do with this ridiculous thread.
I too think the idea is a little silly because of how premature it is.

Though I disagree with those suggesting there is any reason for him to not be in at least, the conversation of best current players in the league.

We should all be able to agree he is, and my view is if he maintains that sort of form over a 15 year career then he is in the conversation, no?

I’m a Carlton supporter man I should hate everything about the Pies, but I enjoy Daicos as a player, everyone should

We should all be able to agree he is, and my view is if he maintains that sort of form over a 15 year career then he is in the conversation, no?
No.

The suggestion is absurd.

He's a lovely little player but if you've seen Matthews, Carey, etc. the suggestion is laughable.

He had a chance at a contested mark earlier but closed his eyes and shat his daks.

No.

The suggestion is absurd.

He's a lovely little player but if you've seen Matthews, Carey, etc. the suggestion is laughable.

He had a chance at a contested mark earlier but closed his eyes and shat his daks.
Do you think the past eras are comparable?

Matthews would probably be a good player in todays game, but he wouldn’t have had anywhere near the same number of goals.

Carey is a potential GOAT, so are both Gary Ablett’s.

Find your Matthews assertion more laughable than the Daicos one, if anything.

Do you think the past eras are comparable?

Matthews would probably be a good player in todays game, but he wouldn’t have had anywhere near the same number of goals.

Carey is a potential GOAT, so are both Gary Ablett’s.

Find your Matthews assertion more laughable than the Daicos one, if anything.
Matthews won a B&F as a teenager in a premiership year.

He kicked 90 goals as first rover.

Good God man. Get a clue.

Matthews won a B&F as a teenager in a premiership year.

He kicked 90 goals as first rover.

Good God man. Get a clue.
In an era where the average full forward was a mud guts plumber pulled out of the VFA or a shit suburban league, and half the competition smoked a pack a day

Not comparable

In an era where the average full forward was a mud guts plumber pulled out of the VFA or a shit suburban league, and half the competition smoked a pack a day

Not comparable
You have to compare Matthews to his peers at the time.

Their records were vastly inferior.

You clearly never saw him play.

You have to compare Matthews to his peers at the time.

Their records were vastly inferior.

You clearly never saw him play.
I’ve watched clips, you realise many of his games were televised and archived, right?

I would agree he was vastly superior to his peers but that means nothing. It’s a completely different era, your point is a fallacy at best.

Obviously I have enormous respect for him but I really don’t think he can be considered the GOAT purely given how amateur the game he played was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve watched clips, you realise many of his games were televised and archived, right?

I would agree he was vastly superior to his peers but that means nothing. It’s a completely different era, your point is a fallacy at best.

Obviously I have enormous respect for him but I really don’t think he can be considered the GOAT purely given how amateur the game he played was
You have no clue and cease to be someone worth engaging.

Ignorant.

You have no clue and cease to be someone worth engaging.

Ignorant.
Just someone who understands the nuances of modern high performance versus someone who chooses to ignore them and live in sepia tone nostalgia I suppose.

I’ll let you work out which one you are, old timer.

I too think the idea is a little silly because of how premature it is.

Though I disagree with those suggesting there is any reason for him to not be in at least, the conversation of best current players in the league.

I’m a Carlton supporter man I should hate everything about the Pies, but I enjoy Daicos as a player, everyone should
Over rated - he was terrible tonight

Just someone who understands the nuances of modern high performance versus someone who chooses to ignore them and live in sepia tone nostalgia I suppose.

I’ll let you work out which one you are, old timer.
Lethal would have been an out and out superstar today when he wasn't suspended. Would have asked Daicos questions that Daicos will never know the answer to.

Essendon had a clear plan for him tonight. I wonder if other teams will study the tape.

Durham, Caldwell and Shiel rotated on him and at every stoppage it was clear that they fought hard to stay goal side of him at all times. Any time he went to push forward they pushed him back at the congestion.

Back