Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 161 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 405 71.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just look forward to Nick taking his first career contested mark.

There will be tears shed by all when that storied day arrives!

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

Sad! He couldn't match Chris Judd Brownlow in third year.

He projecting not to be the goat
That's why taking a binary view of winning and not winning these awards is for simpletons.

Judd polled 30 votes in his Brownlow year to win it; Daicos polled 38 votes in his 3rd year and didn't win it.

Daicos has 77 votes after his first 3 seasons, Judd had 41....

That's why taking a binary view of winning and not winning these awards is for simpletons.

Judd polled 30 votes in his Brownlow year to win it; Daicos polled 38 votes in his 3rd year and didn't win it.

Daicos has 77 votes after his first 3 seasons, Judd had 41....

I really wouldn't get hung up about Brownlows and votes etc. Does it really matter?

We all know Daicos can play. Look at Bontempelli - one of the best players in the game - no Brownlow.

Yeah, I reckon you'd be hard pressed to leave Bunton, Reynolds and Ablett Jr out of any Top 10 GOAT list...

Matthews
Whitten
Carey
Farmer
Hudson
Coventry
Ablett Snr
Dunstall

If I had time I could squeeze in some more Im sure. I could find a few defenders Im sure: Langford, Scarlett, Silvagni, then rucks like Cox and Gawn.

The game is littered with great players who werent recognised at the time.

Matthews
Whitten
Carey
Farmer
Hudson
Coventry
Ablett Snr
Dunstall

If I had time I could squeeze in some more Im sure. I could find a few defenders Im sure: Langford, Scarlett, Silvagni, then rucks like Cox and Gawn.

I just think when ranking and assessing players, the one big aspect is this:

1. If available, look at their stats.
2. Use your eyes.
3. Impact in games.

These are for at least the 3 criteria I go on when forming my own opinion about ranking/assessing players. I do the same for cricket too.

In time, Nick Daicos will be ranked/assessed. Brownlow votes accumulated is one way (but a very small aspect) of assessing him.

Best to look at his impact on games and everyone will assess that aspect (impact) differently.

All comes down to opinion.

Matthews
Whitten
Carey
Farmer
Hudson
Coventry
Ablett Snr
Dunstall

You left out Lockett and Coleman.

But my point stands - Bunton, Reynolds and Ablett Jr are all comfortably Top 10 all timers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthews
Whitten
Carey
Farmer
Hudson
Coventry
Ablett Snr
Dunstall

I agree with you.

But Dunstall won one and big Mason, whilst a match winner on his day, doesn't really belong in this company;)

You left out Lockett and Coleman.

But my point stands - Bunton, Reynolds and Ablett Jr are all comfortably Top 10 all timers.

I left out heaps. Bont will likely be finishing his career top 20.

And any list is subjective. And as I showed, you can easily find names of greatest of the greats who didnt win Brownlows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back