Toast Nick Vlastuin - Round 7 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't believe he will ever have the X-Factor such as players like Martin or Lids but is a real workhorse. Could see him as a future general along the lines of a Voss where he demands those around him to step up and hunt the ball at all costs.
There are any number of half assed players (Not the ones you mentioned of course) with perceived X factor clogging up lists... Voss on the other hand was an out and out champion and legend of our game. If Vlastuin can have half the impact for Richmond in his career as Voss did at Brisbane, I say we will have had a massive win.

Has Dermie come out and said he's just a plodder yet like Dusty? Can play this kid, very excited about him with Conca, Dusty, Cotch, Lids, Foley and Ellis for the next few years!

Dermie is currently 'starring' on Celebrity Apprentice.... football commentary no longer valid!

Interesting how all the hype before the draft was about how much of a hardnut Vlastuin was... What has impressed me is his poise with the pill. Great stuff Nick!

Great point SD but probably not unrelated - if you've got skills and love body contact it probably gives you a little more time to execute. Congrats Tigger- so exciting. He's on 3aw in 15 minutes

Dermie is currently 'starring' on Celebrity Apprentice.... football commentary no longer valid!

Yes Roachy8, I believe Adam Goodes and John Longmire agree. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha, bit of a comedian too, is young Tigga.

This from Twitter:

21mbvxi.jpg

He will be kicking 40 goals a year from the forward pocket from 30-33 ;)

Definitely looms as a Ricciuto kind of midfield -> forward prospect, Joker. He'll be a tough match-up as long as his body holds up.

Hahaha, bit of a comedian too, is young Tigga.

He's a gem, Grock...but I do wish people would stop calling him 'Tigga'...from the mascot on down it's a slippery slope to Mc****wits like McLachlan and McAvaney calling us the 'Tiggies' or whatever. I always hated that whole concept.

We're TIGERS. Jack Dyer's TIGERS.

'Tigga' is a bumbling, cowardly doofus of Winnie the Pooh fame.

Ask any four year old boy who can kick a footy, they'll tell ya. ;)

Is it any coincidence we started playing like bloody 'Tigga's' shortly after that whole thing started?

-------------

As a sidenote, I've said many a blessing since the day Brett Deledio walked into the club, but perhaps it is time during the next off-season to send him to 'Learning to Deal Better With Criticism and Having the Piss Taken Out of Me' Camp. Media relations and such.

I suggest an intensive seven day boot camp with Cogga, Deliberate, Hannah Gadsby, that octopus who always picks the right team in the world cup to moderate the whole affair, and as many crates of gin as it takes to get the job done.

He'll ace the media with a smile and a wink, then blitz past Ablett like he was standing still...just build the threat of having to repeat the experience annually into all future contracts. ;)

Don't believe he will ever have the X-Factor such as players like Martin or Lids but is a real workhorse. Could see him as a future general along the lines of a Voss where he demands those around him to step up and hunt the ball at all costs.

Dunno about that - see his blind turn v Norf in the NAB Cup? He's clearly more than just a "workhorse".

Definitely looms as a Ricciuto kind of midfield -> forward prospect, Joker. He'll be a tough match-up as long as his body holds up.

He's a gem, Grock...but I do wish people would stop calling him 'Tigga'...from the mascot on down it's a slippery slope to Mc****wits like McLachlan and McAvaney calling us the 'Tiggies' or whatever. I always hated that whole concept.

We're TIGERS. Jack Dyer's TIGERS.

'Tigga' is a bumbling, cowardly doofus of Winnie the Pooh fame.

Ask any four year old boy who can kick a footy, they'll tell ya. ;)

Is it any coincidence we started playing like bloody 'Tigga's' shortly after that whole thing started?

-------------

As a sidenote, I've said many a blessing since the day Brett Deledio walked into the club, but perhaps it is time during the next off-season to send him to 'Learning to Deal Better With Criticism and Having the Piss Taken Out of Me' Camp. Media relations and such.

I suggest an intensive seven day boot camp with Cogga, Deliberate, Hannah Gadsby, that octopus who always picks the right team in the world cup to moderate the whole affair, and as many crates of gin as it takes to get the job done.

He'll ace the media with a smile and a wink, then blitz past Ablett like he was standing still...just build the threat of having to repeat the experience annually into all future contracts. ;)
The nickname "Tigga" was from his mum, I'm guessing it stuck and yes it was after the Winnie the Pooh character. Think it's going to stick :)

The octopus that predicted all the WC wins died last year.:(
But I am the Oracle if that helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Nick Vlastuin - Round 7 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back