Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Wet track only change Moore for Cox if change is warranted cox is a duffer in the wet that gives Moore in for me also better 2nd ruck and just a much better footballer who will be more attuned to the biggest game of the year nothing against Cox mind you his time will come.

In: Reid
Out: Aish
We don’t lose a lot missing Aish but I believe the pluses In having that extra tall in Reid will be great.
I’d hate to not have an extra tall and then regret it when their talls take over and we could have had a player in to help out.

Worth the risk to play him too risky not too.

Moore simply needs to come in. I have a good feeling if he does, he will destroy Kennedy with his athleticism and speed. Kennedy still is not at 100% fitness IMO, and Moore can run him off his feet.

In: Reid
Out: Aish
We don’t lose a lot missing Aish but I believe the pluses In having that extra tall in Reid will be great.
I’d hate to not have an extra tall and then regret it when their talls take over and we could have had a player in to help out.

Worth the risk to play him too risky not too.

Zero chance Reid comes in.

Its Moore or no change.

I feel this time around at the mcg we are in better form than the last time we played them at the mcg. Last time the previous weeks i think we beat gold coast with playing only 1 decent quarter and the week before was carlton which was a very close game. This time we are coming off beating Richmond in a very convincing manner

I can't read this thread any more. Counterintuitive re. The more I read the more confused I become. Like I'm living in a simulation re. I'll trust my intuition again.. if I adopt anyone elses theories on what we should be doing on the match committee table.. may as well live in Disneyland or just say yeah f professional wrestling is real as well re.

I can't read this thread any more. Counterintuitive re. The more I read the more confused I become. Like I'm living in a simulation re. I'll trust my intuition again.. if I adopt anyone elses theories on what we should be doing on the match committee table.. may as well live in Disneyland or just say yeah f professional wrestling is real as well re.

Easy answer

No changes

Pies belt the Eagles in GF

I hate to say this again but the risky option is to leave the team the same when we have 2 players who can combat their biggest threats in Kennedy and Darling. Leave it the same there is no plan B. Either one gets off the chain there is no option.
Reid is an AA backman has played in a GF and only needs to last one game.

I seriously can’t see the match committee not taking the option of taking down their big guns without taking anything away from our team. Let’s face it Aish has been making up the numbers.

The extra big guy leaves Howe and Langdon to drift off their opponents to be the third man up.

Loyalty is good and the team has got us here but this team lost to the eagles and beat 2 other sides with 1 big guy and even then Jack kicked 5.

One change is all that sits between us and the flag.

I might get shot down for this (and I don't think match committee would do it) but what about WHE out, Moore in? Mayne to play a forward tag on McGovern. Moore to play CHB.

I love the bloke, but WHE has been goalless in 5 of his last 6 games (5 of which were wins) and he is having next to no impact other than in the GWS game, which I admit he was really good in.

I think we'll go in with no change, but given it doesn't look like raining for the game, not bringing in an extra tall could be a mistake. Aish is probably first in line for the drop because he is less important than WHE structurally, but on form, WHE has been our worst performer recently. I don't think I'd drop him because he could easily do something small but crucial which could decide the premiership, but equally Aish could last a couple of crucial tackles like the ones he laid against Richmond.

It's a tough match committee this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might get shot down for this (and I don't think match committee would do it) but what about WHE out, Moore in? Mayne to play a forward tag on McGovern. Moore to play CHB.

I love the bloke, but WHE has been goalless in 5 of his last 6 games (5 of which were wins) and he is having next to no impact other than in the GWS game, which I admit he was really good in.

I think we'll go in with no change, but given it doesn't look like raining for the game, not bringing in an extra tall could be a mistake. Aish is probably first in line for the drop because he is less important than WHE structurally, but on form, WHE has been our worst performer recently. I don't think I'd drop him because he could easily do something small but crucial which could decide the premiership, but equally Aish could last a couple of crucial tackles like the ones he laid against Richmond.

It's a tough match committee this week.

cant drop matchwinners. he got his hands to 3 - 4 marks last week he should've taken and then he kicks 3+. he's not far away.

Reid was playing on Cox at training yesterday it seems. Other watchers yesterday take much notice of Reid?

Sorry if it’s already been touched on but don’t remember seeing it mentioned here.
Yesterday's training was lightweight and no assessment of players could be made from their efforts. I actually thought Moore and Cox were opposed to each other in at least one drill I saw. Moore did a lot of sprinting, maybe testing how his hamstring would react to chasing Kennedy on the lead. I started the week advocating no change, but given how well Moore performed against Kennedy earlier this year, and how vulnerable Goldsack has looked despite being the best available tall defender, I believe a fit Moore should play. I trust the selectors to make the right decision.

Easy answer

No changes

Pies belt the Eagles in GF

Easy answer.. trust your gut.. no more reading required. It becomes a conglomeration of nonsense otherwise. More sense in trying to understand quantum mechanics re.. you don't understand quantum mechanics.. so what's left.. your gut. Bugger what anyone posts.

jumpers no change from WCE v Us in Qualifying Final.

They hav their blue kit blue shorts, we will have our usual jumpers (black background white numbers) and white shorts.

Yesterday's training was lightweight and no assessment of players could be made from their efforts. I actually thought Moore and Cox were opposed to each other in at least one drill I saw. Moore did a lot of sprinting, maybe testing how his hamstring would react to chasing Kennedy on the lead. I started the week advocating no change, but given how well Moore performed against Kennedy earlier this year, and how vulnerable Goldsack has looked despite being the best available tall defender, I believe a fit Moore should play. I trust the selectors to make the right decision.
Thanks for this. Saturday can’t come quick enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back