No Tony Armstrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coptic Soldier

Debutant
Sep 6, 2010
Sutherland, Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
What's the deal? Another week with Everitt in and no Armstrong. For me, every game Armstrong has played this year has been strong (how good was game verse essendon!).

Can anyone explain the logic of him still being out of the side?

It comes down to where Armstrong and Everitt play. Armstrong plays in defence and we currently have 7 defenders (Richards, Grundy, Johnson, Mattner, Smith, Shaw, Malceski) in the 22. It would be hard to juggle 8 defenders into 6 positions so the other option would be to drop one of the 7 for Tony. For a while Armstrong displaced Malceski from the team but Mal returned strongly after Mattner was a late out for one game and somewhat unluckily for Armstrong he was made the sub instead of Malceski.

Everitt is a utility who primarily plays forward for us, so there's no conflict between him and Armstrong in terms of a position in the side.

It does seem like every time you have a random thought/question about the Swans you make a thread. Just sayin (aint mad).

Most of the things you ask are generally discussed in depth in gameday/preview threads.

I don't see the harm in player-specific threads. Not everyone has time to wade through the BS in the gameday threads looking for football related discussion.

I don't see the harm in player-specific threads. Not everyone has time to wade through the BS in the gameday threads looking for football related discussion.

This.

Personally don't see the harm with starting a thread to ask a question or make a point. We've all done it a few times. Get over the rage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the deal? Another week with Everitt in and no Armstrong. For me, every game Armstrong has played this year has been strong (how good was game verse essendon!).

Can anyone explain the logic of him still being out of the side?

Things that make you go hmmm. lol

In the hectic panic of the final few minutes did you notice that Malceki had shifted forward to accommodate Armstrong? Really don't think we can have the 8 defenders in the one side even if it's as a sub

Remove this Banner Ad

No Tony Armstrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back