No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben King 45.16 for the season.

Jamarra 29.24 (Naughton 24.9, Darcy 24.13)
Only in his first season (2021, 5 games, 7.2) has his accuracy been good.
Someone needs to work with him, whether it's technique, mental, whatever. If he's getting so many shots, he really needs to be getting a better return. 18.16 and 35.35 the past 2 seasons as well. I've seen people on here talk about him winning the Coleman - not if he burns so many shots. His attack on the ball and the contest yesterday was great, hopefully the accuracy after 1/4 time follows from that.

Ben King 45.16 for the season.

Jamarra 29.24 (Naughton 24.9, Darcy 24.13)
Only in his first season (2021, 5 games, 7.2) has his accuracy been good.
Someone needs to work with him, whether it's technique, mental, whatever. If he's getting so many shots, he really needs to be getting a better return. 18.16 and 35.35 the past 2 seasons as well. I've seen people on here talk about him winning the Coleman - not if he burns so many shots. His attack on the ball and the contest yesterday was great, hopefully the accuracy after 1/4 time follows from that.
Kicked like 7 goals in his first season. Hardly a good sample size.

He has a technical flaw whereby he swings his leg across his body like slicing a golf ball. Matthew Lloyd has spoken about it on numerous occasions.

Kicked like 7 goals in his first season. Hardly a good sample size.

He has a technical flaw whereby he swings his leg across his body like slicing a golf ball. Matthew Lloyd has spoken about it on numerous occasions.

I only mentioned season 1 for full disclosure and context, agree it seems irrelevant in the broader career trajectory.

What a contrast to the way GC played Port to the way we played them. They strangled Port's easy runs through the centre of the ground (the thing that killed us last week) by having their wings and half flankers spread across the centre so that they cut off many of the uncontested runs, especially from half back, that Port with Butters, Rozee and Horne-Francis thrive on. We could learn a lot from GC's tactics.

My God we're going to look back at the end of this season and wonder how we lost some of the matches we lost.

True. And maybe ponder how we won a couple of particular games too. Yesterday being a case in point. Also our smashing of Freo, which was extraordinary given what happened the first time we played them.

You only need to be off your mental game a fraction in this competition to have egg all over your face.

Only 19000 at the MCG today to watch Richmond lose? Tiger army? Looks like the team has been deserted. It makes my heart glad.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only 19000 at the MCG today to watch Richmond lose? Tiger army? Looks like the team has been deserted. It makes my heart glad.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's been a lot of Tiger bandwaggoning in the past, would be interesting to map attendances against memberships year by year across clubs. I know we used to claim the highest conversion in percentage of supporters to members years ago, but I'm not even sure how you measure that.

When Tassie arrive, we could see nine(teenth!)mond... 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 votes, N Neale 🤢🤮

It's because umpires are lazy. They'll look at the stats sheet see who has had the most of the footy, kicked a couple, yeah he can have the three.

You can have 15 possessions and be the best player on the ground because of your impact on the game. But the medal is not like that now and hasn't been for a while. Be great to see a forward or a back win it every now and then.

It's because umpires are lazy. They'll look at the stats sheet see who has had the most of the footy, kicked a couple, yeah he can have the three.

You can have 15 possessions and be the best player on the ground because of your impact on the game. But the medal is not like that now and hasn't been for a while. Be great to see a forward or a back win it every now and then.
I don't believe umpires are allowed to see the stat sheet anymore

Not sure umpires are lazy. Not a job I would want. Physically demanding and ten thousand different rules to interpret that change from week to week depending on head offices whimsy.

Not lazy like that just when it comes to casting votes. Would be surprised if they put much thought into it.

They have never seen stats sheets

I was in the umpires rooms post-match quite a number of times in the 1990s. Stood feet away from the field umpires on several occasions as they discussed votes. (I was in there due to connection to non-field umpires.) Others like myself would openly discuss goal scorers and leading poss winners, witnessed one field umpire ask his fellow umps "did X kick 6 or 7 today"? They weren't Champion Data era, but I can tell you unequivocally one post-match at Carlton, there were half a dozen family and friends left that game knowing Liberatore, Coleman and Wallis got the 3,2,1.

I knew Liber had at least 5 votes in 1990 as I heard, and in the instance above, saw the fields confer and write in the votes.

I gather things are a little more secure these days, but I'm not surprised there weren't more leaks in that era. Probably more likely with 2/3 fields discussing votes than the single umpire system, yet Blight in 77 was an open secret, and Templeton recently revealed he knew he would win in 80 and was advised to stay sober!

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back