Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 to 8 minutes of Footy the difference.

Ended the game well

Lol

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep just watched it on Fox Footy

According to Ken that was the only difference between the two sides.

To summise Ken implied that a combination of injuries, a young team and bad kicking was what allowed Melbourne to have that 7-8 minute period and that it was the difference in the end.

hahahahahaha delusion at it's finest.

Hopefully Kochie and the Port board are buying it 🤣

#SaveKern
#RE-SIGNKERN

To summise Ken implied that a combination of injuries, a young team and bad kicking was what allowed Melbourne to have that 7-8 minute period and that it was the difference in the end.

Hopefully Kochie and the Port board are buying it

#SaveKern
#RE-SIGNKERN
If that is the belief at Alberton, they won't even think about sacking him.

Laughable he thinks 7 to 8 minutes was the difference, and putting stock in the late goals.

I can't see Ports problems going away.

Finals are 100% out of the question now. There is no way the inclusion of Dixon, McKenzie, Gray, Fantasia and Aliir will turn around the season into a finals winning one. For Port just to make finals, they will need to win 13 of their remaining 18 games. That includes playing Carlton, St Kilda, Geelong, Richmond, Fremantle, Melbourne, Essendon, North Melbourne and Collingwood away. They would have to win every home game from here and win at least 4 of these away games.

Should win: North Melbourne
50/50: Essendon, St Kilda, Richmond, Fremantle, Collingwood, Carlton
No Chance: Geelong, Melbourne

Home games
West Coast, Western Bulldogs, Essendon, Sydney, Gold Coast, GWS, Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide

Should win: Gold Coast
50/50: West Coast, Essendon, Sydney, GWS, Richmond, Adelaide
No Chance: Western Bulldogs, Geelong

Its a tough draw. I am going to call it, 8 wins maximum.

Port supporters "Kochie please sack Ken"

Kochie

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

They didn’t kick their second goal until 8 minutes before the end

One goal in all but 8 minutes of a full game of football. But Kenny thinks they went ok.

Jesus Mary and Joseph

With spin like that I am beginning to think that old mate Janus is working down at Alberton as their media manager.

#SaveKern
#RE-SIGNKERN
Oh wow, he really said that? I don’t think even Rowie is buying that one

#SaveKern
#RE-SIGNKERN

The glaring difference between the sides is Port have been shown to have a terrible list. For a dual preliminary finalist to suffer a meazly five injuries to key players and their season is derailed so easily, suggest the squad is highly flawed. I honestly don't understand how the football media keep getting conned by that fake club into thinking they are a genuine premiership threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The case is getting stronger though

The case has been strong for several years. Even when they were making the preliminary finals, they never looked like a genuine grand final winner. Everyone could tell they were just your flat track bullies who caught a lot of teams on the hop during the covid years. Kochies arrogance has been what has saved Ken. He backed him so strongly, for along time it was all about saving face.

#SaveKern
#RE-SIGNKERN
If May hadn't given away that free kick in the third for them to kick a goal it was a good chance for 3 goalless quarters. Delusional.

That presser highlights the attitude that club has to managing the message.

For years they have provided much Kool Aid and bathwater for their lemmings to guzzle down with no accountability. And the Lemmings did guzzle it all down.

We all saw tonight how bad they were. And yet Ken was still able to spin it. Still selling the Kool Aid and Bathwater. The difference being we all saw how bad that game was.

Any competent coach will be very concern that an opposition can easily beat you by just playing 7-8 minutes of football, yet he somehow used this as spin to his advantage and the journalist didn't question this but shhh........

All the commentators talked about it all night. Port never looked like they were in the game. They just pressured Melbourne and flooded the defensive zone. One passage stood out for me as a sign of the ultra defensive game plan. Port had the ball in a tight contest and Georgiadis was defending his man, running behind him in case of a turnover so he could tackle him. Why on earth would you have one of your best marking forwards chasing defenders when your own team has the ball.

Oh wow, he really said that? I don’t think even Rowie is buying that one

Not in so many words, but he did in a roundabout way

Claims that Port were playing the game they wanted to play in the first quarter and most of the 2nd, but struggled up forward due to injuries/inexperience and let themselves down with bad kicking.

He said that Melbourne broke the game open in a 7-8 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter and that Port closed out the game well (they won the 2nd half).

So while it wasn't said directly it's definitely what he was hinting at with his comments.

Last edited:
My funniest moment of the night was my wife who is a Port supporter telling me

"TURN IT OFF, I CAN'T EVEN STOMACH LOOKING AT HIM ANYMORE!!", in the middle of Kern's press conference 🤣🤣🤣🤣

..... and yes she was one of the many Port members who didn't bother going tonight.

Last edited:
The AFL would approve pissing away 400k because a supporter base have delusions of grandeur?

They've made 2 x prelims in 3 years, they just are gonna have to wait this one out.

Just on this, Jon Ralph was talking about how much the Power could lose on memberships next year.

So I guess there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back