Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice in a row we been knocked out by premiers. I never hated Bulldogs and congrats to them, you can win a premiership from 7th place. We need next year to show we can win it, however Bulldogs are young and GWS is a danger, can't slack off like we did this year. There is 16 more teams to hate than the Bulldogs.

Cold as ice is this man.
Nah, I agree with him.
Neutral supporters were posting shit like "tearing up"
I am empathic but battle hardened so no softness applies, particularly when it ain't my club involved. Give Koby Stevens a medal, he was B.O.G twice this year.

Hannebery's knee injury looked serious but with the way both those sides crash in, I'm surprised at the low casualty list from the match.
Franklin played through his twisted ankle.

Nah, I agree with him.
Neutral supporters were posting shit like "tearing up"
I am empathic but battle hardened so no softness applies, particularly when it ain't my club involved. Give Koby Stevens a medal, he was B.O.G twice this year.
Exactly, not that I don't sympathize with him but hard luck GF stories are an annual event.
Beveridge may as well given it to his Mum,
Means as much.

Just all clicked for the bulldogs after the loss to the dockers.

The bye was perfectly timed for them and kept them in the hunt totally. 3 weeks of 'good footy' at the right moment saw them into the GF and the rub of the green with the umpires took care of the rest against the Swans.

Would be a pretty fantastic time to be a bulldogs supporter right now, and the complete opposite for the Swans, they seriously got bent today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a top game and well done dogs, I wasted a fortune attending last years debarcle.
Plenty of mistakes under pressure and Swans defence was great - helped by poor entry but thats the game plans of each team.
Just goes to show that being at the bottom for years and a few very good FS prizes under the old rules sets up a great list as does the investment in a future gun like Boyd.
You have to be impressed with how they build however - it is as a club not just a team. Great management and leadership.

Sydney were fine but COLA and Academy advantage wasn't enough. Interesting umpiring at times as well.

Glad we didn't make not in the end.. It's clear we just aren't good enough. And now we have a higher draft pick. It's all part of the plan.!

Does Stringer remind anyone else of Yeo? Pulls something off every now and then but generally blazes away
Nah, reminds me of a former number 43 from North Melbourne, in the 90s. I simply cannot repeat his name, but Stringer is heading down that path.

This is a question needs to be addressed
agreed. I hate Sydney and was more than happy to see them lose, but it's absolute horseshit they didn't get a home grand final, exactly like us last year - and I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything otherwise. Every other professional sport is fair, this "spiritual mecca home mabo vibe" bullshit needs to **** off - our game is rigged.

This is a question needs to be addressed

It should be but it won't.

Why should a GF between 1st and 7th be played in the home state of 7th?

What I hate about it is that the reasons aren't football reasons. It is blatantly unfair but we're told to deal with it because the AFL won't make as much money if we change it.

Yes it's still possible to win it if we're good enough, but even if it's just a 5% disadvantage why should we have to overcome it if we finish higher just because we aren't based in Victoria?

What I hate about it is that the reasons aren't football reasons. It is blatantly unfair but we're told to deal with it because the AFL won't make as much money if we change it.

Yes it's still possible to win it if we're good enough, but even if it's just a 5% disadvantage why should we have to overcome it if we finish higher just because we aren't based in Victoria?
but it's the mecca of football, its the spiritual home, its tradition just liek the game is always played in the last weekend of september...

if every state had a +85k seat venue then i would be open to it. It could happen in the future if ANZ and burswood reach the 85k mark but SA is one of the biggest footy states in Australia and its highly unlikely that they will have a stadium that big. the atmosphere at the G on grand final day is immense and its mainly due to the large crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back