Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2016 Finals/offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most realistic option for GFleaving the G is a rotating roster like the European Champions League or Super Bowl.

Yes, definitely. Awarding it to the higher team wouldn't be logistically possible but rotation at least makes it equal for everyone.

Once we get our new stadium I reckon the only state that wouldn't have an an adequate stadium would be Queensland.

The whole thing is moot anyway. Nothing will happen, it is what it is.

if every state had a +85k seat venue then i would be open to it. It could happen in the future if ANZ and burswood reach the 85k mark but SA is one of the biggest footy states in Australia and its highly unlikely that they will have a stadium that big. the atmosphere at the G on grand final day is immense and its mainly due to the large crowd.
Yes but **** atmosphere, we want equality. The majority of people at the G are just blokes getting a free day out on the sauce.

Yes but **** atmosphere, we want equality. The majority of people at the G are just blokes getting a free day out on the sauce.
Nail head. Living in Melbourne as an eagle ruined moving back and subi games for me. 5kish away supporters up against it trumps 40k members in safe seats any day of the week. Moving it round would weed out the hand sitters (ie. MCC members)

Last edited:
Nail head. Living in Melbourne as an eagle ruined moving back and subi games for me. 5kish away supporters up against it trumps 40k members in safe seats any day of the week. Moving it round would weed out the hand sitters (ie. MCC members)
The AFL loves a corporate dollar. More money to spend on expanding/ruining the game.

The whole thing is moot anyway. Nothing will happen, it is what it is.
It's moot for now, but when the deal expires in 2038 it could change. I do like the MCG GF, but think it's time to start looking at moving it around at that point.

this swans side are a bunch of underachievers and thank god they haven't one one soon. However, i don't think this is the end of them and with guys like heeney and mills coming through, their going to get much better.

Took a Sydney based reporter to raise it

Free kick count for the Bulldogs across all 4 finals was 79-48 which is an average differential of 8 per game. Maybe they were there, maybe they weren't. Maybe the way the Bulldogs play means they draw more free kicks and give away less

In any case it's a serious differential and one which if it was us with that sort of advantage you can guarantee it'd be mentioned everywhere

Free kick count for the Bulldogs across all 4 finals was 79-48 which is an average differential of 8 per game. Maybe they were there, maybe they weren't. Maybe the way the Bulldogs play means they draw more free kicks and give away less

In any case it's a serious differential and one which if it was us with that sort of advantage you can guarantee it'd be mentioned everywhere
Absolutely, plus our home ground Grand final advantage.

Oh sorry, home ground advantage

Last edited:
So I'm drunk, that's the main point before I go off on my rant.

I hope every single pea hearted f**k that wore a west coast guernsey this season watched that GF. That is what happens when a team actually plays for each other, and their coach/supporters. I hope all our players realise how f**king insipid our season was, and how soft their efforts were for majority of the year. What the f**k! How do you put in such shit performances all year after getting belted in the GF last year?? What is wrong with this group? Why didn't they have the desire and balls to go harder than they did? I've probably had too many, and am reflecting on a wasted season, like a few other finals teams would be, but at least those teams (apart from North) actually put some fight. We just rolled over, like has been the norm for the last 10 years, and taken it. I'm pissed off. It should've been us up there accepting the cup, but we've got too many players worried about hair styles, and tats, and NFL/NBA comps within the club, and being the good guys of the community. F**k building houses in cambodia, however politically incorrect that sounds, f**k being the community club. Get ruthless, get nasty on field, win some bloody tough games and actually play like you want to be out there. I'm sick of these players seeming to care less than the supporters do.

Anyway, I'm drunk, angry for some reason, and dissapointed with another wasted year. Pull your finger out West Coast, and sort your shit out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine if it were us? Remember how half the main board had 'North were robbed' threads after our PF last year? :/

I hope every single pea hearted f**k that wore a west coast guernsey this season watched that GF. That is what happens when a team actually plays for each other, and their coach/supporters. I hope all our players realise how f**king insipid our season was, and how soft their efforts were for majority of the year. What the f**k! How do you put in such shit performances all year after getting belted in the GF last year?? What is wrong with this group? Why didn't they have the desire and balls to go harder than they did? I've probably had too many, and am reflecting on a wasted season, like a few other finals teams would be, but at least those teams (apart from North) actually put some fight. We just rolled over, like has been the norm for the last 10 years, and taken it. I'm pissed off. It should've been us up there accepting the cup, but we've got too many players worried about hair styles, and tats, and NFL/NBA comps within the club, and being the good guys of the community. F**k building houses in cambodia, however politically incorrect that sounds, f**k being the community club. Get ruthless, get nasty on field, win some bloody tough games and actually play like you want to be out there. I'm sick of these players seeming to care less than the supporters do.

Anyway, I'm drunk, angry for some reason, and dissapointed with another wasted year. Pull your finger out West Coast, and sort your shit out.
Quality melt, I appreciate you dog, and agree. Have another bourbon and sleep it off tomorrow.

I hope every single pea hearted f**k that wore a west coast guernsey this season watched that GF. That is what happens when a team actually plays for each other, and their coach/supporters.....

:thumbsu:
I was left feeling a similar way watching the game and afterwards today. The 4 quarter effort from all players to apply pressure and work for each other has been lacking from us. The dogs have done it at an incredible intensity four weeks running.

Interesting finals series

First time a team has won from 7th
First time both qualifying finals have lost the prelim

Only change to the format - the bye

This year was odd in that the gap from 1st to 7th was as small as it's ever been and in a lot of ways I liked that all the finals participants got a week off to freshen up but it dilutes the advantage of finishing top 4 and earning a week off during the finals.

It's hard to believe that the Bulldogs would have won today had it not been for that bye. I hope the fairytale finish doesn't cloud a rational assessment of whether the bye should be kept

Interesting finals series

First time a team has won from 7th
First time both qualifying finals have lost the prelim

Only change to the format - the bye

This year was odd in that the gap from 1st to 7th was as small as it's ever been and in a lot of ways I liked that all the finals participants got a week off to freshen up but it dilutes the advantage of finishing top 4 and earning a week off during the finals.

It's hard to believe that the Bulldogs would have won today had it not been for that bye. I hope the fairytale finish doesn't cloud a rational assessment of whether the bye should be kept

Agreed. The bye needs to go, straight away. Everyone can see it's a massive disadvantage to the teams that earn the week off from the top 4. The dogs would never have got past week 1 had the bye not been there, and that was one of the reasons I was going for Sydney today, I feel like they benefited from it the most, and surprise, they are victorian medias dream story from the last few years. Nobody mentions their rediculous free kick differential, yet jumps on us at any chance for the same thing. They got the first 9 games at home, and got lucky with a home semi having not earned one.

The bye completely ruined any momentum we had, and allowed all their underdone payers to come back, when any other season they would've missed.

As you can all see, I'm still very bitter about it all, and I hate seeing other teams win the flag when it's not us. I just hope the boys were forced to sit down and watch it, followed by last years choke, to try and envoke some sort of response from them.

Think the Dogs have us covered in the hairstyle department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back