Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparing a 21yr old to 3 dudes over 31. Nice.
Well it is relevant FFS. The argument was always over why we had him in the VFL.
Even in 2022 those in comparable positions are still playing better.

He was a poor drafting choice as we didn't need him. Still don't.

It is not surprising, nor controversial, that Scarlett didn’t rate Clark; he couldn’t defend. We tried him there because we were/are over-endowed with wingers so he couldn’t play his preferred role.

The “fact” that Scarlett didn’t rate SDK is more alarming. I shudder to imagine what might have happened had Scarlett stayed…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is relevant FFS. The argument was always over why we had him in the VFL.
Even in 2022 those in comparable positions are still playing better.

He was a poor drafting choice as we didn't need him. Still don't.
There wouldn't be one club in the AFL that wouldn't talk to him if he were out of contract end of this year

FFS...the age is irrelevant ...its how they are performing now and most would say Tuohy and Smith wouldn't be replaced by Clark if he were with us right now.

FWIW..Clark has done ok at Free...but there appears to be a suggestion he didn't "fit" at Geelong. These things happen, so good luck to the kid.

As for Scarlo's supposed assessment of SDK....well if it were so, young SDK has given Scarlo an almighty "**** you" this year.

SDK is a star!

FFS...the age is irrelevant ...its how they are performing now and most would say Tuohy and Smith wouldn't be replaced by Clark if he were with us right now.

FWIW..Clark has done ok at Free...but there appears to be a suggestion he didn't "fit" at Geelong. These things happen, so good luck to the kid.

As for Scarlo's supposed assessment of SDK....well if it were so, young SDK has given Scarlo an almighty "* you" this year.

SDK is a star!
Agreed

And Scarlo, being the Greatest FB of all time, knows how to play as a defender.

But getting that message across effectively sometimes aint as easy and the little pumpkins of today need different messages, rightly or wrongly.
I tend to think Scarlo has one delivery method.

Those that can do, those that can't teach.

Scarlo prob has this saying covered in both dimension. HT prob has it covered in one, but not the other given how SFK is going.
Reckon Tom Atkins prob does ok in Scarlos version.

ITs horses for courses IMO - but still dont see Clarke pushing either 2E or Sac out at the moment.

GO Catters

Agreed

And Scarlo, being the Greatest FB of all time, knows how to play as a defender.

But getting that message across effectively sometimes aint as easy and the little pumpkins of today need different messages, rightly or wrongly.
I tend to think Scarlo has one delivery method.

Those that can do, those that can't teach.

Scarlo prob has this saying covered in both dimension. HT prob has it covered in one, but not the other given how SFK is going.
Reckon Tom Atkins prob does ok in Scarlos version.

ITs horses for courses IMO - but still dont see Clarke pushing either 2E or Sac out at the moment.

GO Catters
I agree with most that is written, however I think it’s unfair to based Scarlo complete coaching career based on one kid that left who didn’t rally for into the group and really is surplus to our needs atm.

I wish clark all the best at Freo, but I don’t think that an indictment on Geelong coaching stuff that he left for a better contract with the amount of issues he had at his time in Geelong.

Airing out the dirty laundry does no good for any parties and I wonder why it was done so in a such a public manner ? That should be more of an issue than whatever shortcomings Scarlo had as a coach of the defensive line over 9 years being judged based on one comment and a kid leaving for a better game time and pay.

Well we’ll well Collingwood have withdrawn their contract offer to Jordan …what a shock 🙄🙄🙄

I guess that was an expensive grope and few Bintags all up.

I have to say, that this last moment seems less offensive than the others given that the female involved has consented to the act.... at least where I read it she has been noted as saying it was ok. Im not endorsing it one bit - but if both parties are ok I cant insert my own ethos over theirs as consenting adults.
Fact is however, the existence of the others in the first place makes this all more damning.

And again... social media and phones. The scourge or the truth serum? Prob a little of both.

At the end of the day however, when in the public eye etc... and having had notices to pull thy head in already....

Cant say he didnt know this was coming.

GO Catters

I guess that was an expensive grope and few Bintags all up.

I have to say, that this last moment seems less offensive than the others. Fact is however, the existence of the others in the first place makes this all more damning.

And again... social media and phones. The scourge or the truth serum? Prob a little of both.

At the end of the day however, when in the public eye etc... and having had notices to pull thy head in already....

Cant say he didnt know this was coming.

GO Catters
I stated it was a stupid decision on his part to go up there in light of everything , if he is traded to Bris …oh boy I hope they have strong media contacts up there because they will have to bury the news every weekend.

Good luck to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back