Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has he come out ever and just been honest about it? That it's just about the merch sales. He wants the monopoly on the black-white gear. Seriously once or twice a year in the local derby will make such a dent in their bottom line?
He's such a symptom of the worst of the AFL.

Has he come out ever and just been honest about it? That it's just about the merch sales. He wants the monopoly on the black-white gear. Seriously once or twice a year in the local derby will make such a dent in their bottom line?
He's such a symptom of the worst of the AFL.
Entitled deluded political twat telling the rest of the mob how to go about their lives and how to spend their hard earned. Enough Eddie.

Entitled deluded political twat telling the rest of the mob how to go about their lives and how to spend their hard earned. Enough Eddie.
Pretty odd that there are Port supporters wearing what amounts to Collingwood gear. Collingwood is and has been an AFL club for donkeys years. PA joined the AFL with Collingwood in it. If they don't like it, tough.

Wearing a heritage jumper once in a blue moon is fine. Having supporters wear it, and flogging it twice a year becomes silly.

I'd be blowing a gasket if the Tasmanian club came in and wanted to wear the hoops because it was their old jumper. Get stuffed, it's the AFL and it's ours is what I'd be thinking

Is there anything more boring than eddie arguing about port wearing the prison bar jumper? Just stfu, you aren’t collingwood president anymore you utter flog. 20 mins of this sh*t on footy classified 🙄

I don't know why the dont jus't do the Prison bars with a splash of teal in the jumper. Other clubs have verticals , other clubs have black , white & * colour. So just put a pin stripe of teal in it some where

I think its almost to the stage all clubs should have a third colour if the insist on having a dark coloured jumper. The old argument that Collingwood doesnt change their jumper is out the door now. Everyone want to be dark..its why we end up where white shorts nearly every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why the dont jus't do the Prison bars with a splash of teal in the jumper. Other clubs have verticals , other clubs have black , white & * colour. So just put a pin stripe of teal in it some where

I think its almost to the stage all clubs should have a third colour if the insist on having a dark coloured jumper. The old argument that Collingwood doesnt change their jumper is out the door now. Everyone want to be dark..its why we end up where white shorts nearly every week.
And aren't we all sick to death of that BS line from the Pies? As if they are the be all and end all of the AFL?

I think Port Adelaide just need to grow up and acknowledge reality. They seem shocked and surprised that Collingwood would go to the mat to protect their image, their brand, their economic future.
The pies were there first - it's maybe not completely fair, but neither is life or sport. Maybe if they paid more attention to the importance of getting there first, 119 wouldn't have happened.

Its fairly obvious why they want it...its represents when they ruled the world of football (Their world) , they associate it with success and I know zero about fashion, but I suspect it would have some sort of strong visual because of the baseness of its design.

Eddie has them on a technicality , so I would get technical and have a thin pin strip added in a way that it was almost invisible..as soon as they add a third colour I suspect Collingwood looses some traction. Is there any agreement that insists on a jumpers must contain 5% or 10% of any third colour

Some argue that they do not want alter the jumper as that is their heritage... but really are they going to run around in a wool jumper? Do tehy have the same comercial sponser. Once they had all lace ups that was heritage as well. I think some are being very selective about heritage. Most clubs would be I guess. I doubt we see haw wearing their checkered jumper for a heritage round.

Really I think most clubs shoudl almost introduce a third colour to ensure no clashes happen like the anzac day, but it would be a nightmare to get them to agree to it.

Pretty easy to take the AFL to court over that if they dock the four points
Would have thought so. Someone needs to call the AwFuL out over this BS.

So much of what they pronounce looks like it's almost made up on the spot or "pin the tail on the donkey stuff" and then see what happens. I am astounded some of their crap has not had more public challenge legally, not to say it hasn't happened behind closed doors.

Exhibit 1 & 2 for example would be jumper punches, the deliberate OOB "rule" and countless others. Countless for me btw because I struggle when I have to count beyond 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, and ignore the horrendous quick paint job I did on this, but why don't port just add one teal bar in somewhere and it totally ****s Collingwoods argument?
Like this;
1619665156695.png

Teal, black and white? Check. Not Collingwood? Check. ****s off Eddie? Check.

And aren't we all sick to death of that BS line from the Pies? As if they are the be all and end all of the AFL?
The more I hear about it the more I feel like the whole of the afls integrity is being undermined by Eddie McGuire.

16 teams would be looking at this and seeing the AFL undermine the integrity of the season in favour of a rich club. Wherever you stand on this specific issue, it would be a horrendous outcome. Imagine us being docked 4 points for wearing blue shorts last year. Didn't do what Collingwood said? Take away something they've earned. Just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back