Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

WTF - how did that end in a draw?

I was watching the last couple of minutes until that turnover by in the guts which resulted in a mark to Richmond in their forward 50 - I thought at the very least he’s score a point but seems there was no score

Balta kicked into the man on the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm calling it: the reason Cumberland played on is because he did NOT want to have the pressure of the moment. This is exactly the same as the Jake Aarts situation the other week. The whole "Aarts has no game awareness, he should have taken the shot" discourse was so dumb, because people were criticising him for the wrong thing - the reason he played on wasn't because he was oblivious to the need to take the set shot, it was because he knew the situation required him to take a high-pressure set shot and didn't want the responsibility. So he took the cowardly option and played on instead. Same thing with Cumberland. Mental weakness.

Last edited:
Balta kicked into the man on the mark.

cheers - I was too pissed off with Freo to watch

they totally stuffed up repeatedly in that last quarter - seemed to have so much control of the ball, but then totally stuffed up everytime they got close to their 50m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back