Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bit of uncertainty around Martin even returning this season - he's had a setback with his hamstring injury, with a best case scenario being he's available round 23...He's been struggling to run at 40%->50%, before a set back this week

I'd prefer to focus on our players and their availablity, rather than contemplate what-ifs for other teams where there's a lot of unknowns
VDubs is getting nervous.

-Melbourne's form is so-so
-Brisbane are up and down
-Freo have gone off the boil
-Sydney still aren't far removed from losing to Port + Essendon
-Carlton have hit a blip
-Richmond don't know how to win

I expect Collingwood's glorious streak of close wins against largely mediocre opposition (except Melbourne) will become the new focus.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

No Lobbe and No Fyfe..
Freo are still going to be VERY hard to handle in September.

No Fyfe isn't an issue they got on their best run this season without him.

If Lobbe played tonight, Freo win. If we played Freo without Lobbe earlier in the season we would have won.

Freo can't afford to lose Lobbe it totally ****s their finals chances without him away from home.

There's a bit of uncertainty around Martin even returning this season - he's had a setback with his hamstring injury, with a best case scenario being he's available round 23...He's been struggling to run at 40%->50%, before a set back this week

I'd prefer to focus on our players and their availablity, rather than contemplate what-ifs for other teams where there's a lot of unknowns
Sure, but not in this thread when we are responding to posters who say the Tigers are gone.

Just saw the Tuggers throwing up all over themselves and oddly enough going pear shaped since we rolled them by 3 points.

Reverting to their mean.

Luv it.

GO Catters

Just saw the Tuggers throwing up all over themselves and oddly enough going pear shaped since we rolled them by 3 points.

Reverting to their mean.

Luv it.

GO Catters
There's actually a lot more in this than people think. We opened the door for Gold Coast / North for sure.

% no concern for Freo.
Tigers still in

Richmond are unlikely to make finals as its rare to get in with less than 12 wins so they will need to win 3 of their last 4 (and brisbane plus port on the road wont be easy). Their only hope of getting in with 11 wins is if everyone around them keeps losing-we will probably beat bulldogs st kilda and maybe gc which will help richmond but i still think they finish 9th especially without martin.

Richmond fans point to Prestia going off as the turning point against us, when in fact they probably have played their best footy in the last month or so when he was on the sidelines (the 2nd half against us and the game against the Eagles the following week). They haven't won since he came back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond fans point to Prestia going off as the turning point against us, when in fact they probably have played their best footy in the last month or so when he was on the sidelines (the 2nd half against us and the game against the Eagles the following week). They haven't won since he came back.
Clearly, he came back too early, when his concussion was still infectious, and it has spread to the brains of, inter alia, Balta, Castagna, Aarts, Cumberland, et al

If you are not worried about this Tigers team in September, you are very ballsy.
They are still a threat.
Bring in Lynch, Dusty, and their experience- I would not want to play tem in an Elim final.
Recall, it took a miracle possession by Henry to get the win.
They are gone, gorn, Gawn to the Max.

That's the thing about being at the top,everyone wants too stay there..it's like being rich then you loose your money, you just want the good times to keep going
I think it's probably why we Cats fans have suffered over the last ten years too. After the Bomber years it just felt wrong to lose finals and games in general.

Despite the fact that it's very funny what happened to Richmond, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a change to AFL to deal with draws. I live in Canada and love seeing NHL games go into overtime. Every game gets a result, and the pressure is ramped right up in the event of OT.
I'd go with a sudden-death mechanic. First team to score a goal or point wins.

Despite the fact that it's very funny what happened to Richmond, I actually wouldn't mind seeing a change to AFL to deal with draws. I live in Canada and love seeing NHL games go into overtime. Every game gets a result, and the pressure is ramped right up in the event of OT.
I'd go with a sudden-death mechanic. First team to score a goal or point wins.
I like the draw if your not good enough to win bad luck, and 2 clubs don't get to sing the song both go home unhappy just beautiful haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back