Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any team can handle Sydney it's Collingwood, even in Sydney. Historically play very well there.
I was thinking the other way. Sydney are very well setup and very well coached and highly disciplined. They won’t get sucked into Collingwoods game - which Freo did foolishly. That turnover game is not the type of game to play with loose structures and no killers in your forward line. You can’t punish Collingwood when they turn it over - which they invariably do.

Mrs was watching a movie so I missed the first 45 minutes or so of the pies game.

I switched it over and watched 10 minutes and she walked back in.
I said “pick a movie ‘no it’s ok’. No put a movie on. For one I don’t really care about the result, and the game is the quality of an average home and away game”.

The swans will smack the pies.

He does it every week.

Noticed it weeks ago.

Last week took Hawkins out of the ruck ...

He's total yank flog.
He seems like a very normal and nice guy off the field. But on the field he plays with this weird arrogance that is completely uncorrelated to his capability. He gives lip, he runs into players, his marking capability is only related to height, he’s clumsy.

He seems like a very normal and nice guy off the field. But on the field he plays with this weird arrogance that is completely uncorrelated to his capability. He gives lip, he runs into players, his marking capability is only related to height, he’s clumsy.
He's an American basketballer. Probably spent a lot of time playing against brothers. Public ball courts attitudes.

Mrs was watching a movie so I missed the first 45 minutes or so of the pies game.

I said “pick a movie ‘no it’s ok’. No put a movie on. For one I don’t really care about the result, and the game is the quality of an average home and away game”.

What movie were you watching.

The note book..:moustache:.

And then you have ***** and Ginni whatever to take the gloss off. Otherwise I don't mind them.

Although JDG looks about 40 and from my experience that normally comes from overing in some sort of naughty stuff.
He literally looks like he should be in a tapout tshirt with a *** hanging of his lip pushing a double pram in some norlane or Frankston shopping centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually it wasn’t a movie.
It was a series. The sandman or something.

Complete load of crap.

Then the other movie. Between two ferns (on Netflix)
Very clever.
Between two ferns with Zach Galifiankos? Some very funny episodes in that series. Love the Bradley cooper one. Is it a movie now or am I thinking of something else?

Last edited:
Swans will have their work cut out for them against the pronto Pies.
Pies are not easy beats. Their quick ball movement is next level slick.
They do not hold the ball and think... just instinctive play on.
Moving the ball forward by HB, tap on, toe poke and kicking off 3 steps.
Keeping ball in perpetual motion makes them very hard to tackle and stop.
I though they played a blinder against the Cats, one they could not repeat.
Judging on tonight's clean ball handling performance they surpassed it easily.
Especially how stayed balanced. broke tackles and hit targets when being slung
Their ability to maintain forward momentum was reminiscent of 2001-3 lions.
Freo are not a slow team but were made to look pedestrian in comparison.
Pies have set a new benchmark... one the Cats will need to emulate next year.
Pies are playing a fabulous brand of footy- and they were quite amazing against last week. Didn’t reproduce quite the same standard last night but still able to easily account for the weak effort from Freo.
Pies will need to pinch the flag this year or in the next couple, I’d have thought because their style of play is so taxing, they won’t have a long window of opportunity before they run out of puff.

Yeah I saw people saying how the frenetic the game was, that was only because there was minimal pressure both ways, but mostly from Freo.. The ball was pinging around. Zero chance that happens against the Swans

Pies are playing a fabulous brand of footy- and they were quite amazing against last week. Didn’t reproduce quite the same standard last night but still able to easily account for the weak effort from Freo.
Pies will need to pinch the flag this year or in the next couple, I’d have thought because their style of play is so taxing, they won’t have a long window of opportunity before they run out of puff.
Note where the Demons and Dogs finished this year.
Dogs lucky to be in the 8.
Demons outside top 4.
Both teams overtaxed this year it seems.
Geelong remain so consistently good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back