Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep agreed, they need him to pull off some Martin for Richmond style finals heroics. Crisp has potential to do it with him, Pendles has wound back the block lately too. But that forward line only operates if you are slack at locking down the two smalls. Sydney don't usually have an issue there. Pies will have to keep Sydney to 10 goals to win I think.

I just don't see how the Pies adjust to the ground size on the SCG. Fremantle left them SO much space to run into on turnovers, it was like when teams bunker and hit counter attacks in soccer.

Someone posted the ground dimensions on reddit...
94jvctribjn91.png

Its clearly just shorter and narrower enough to throw them off. Found it interesting on 360 last night that McCrae said it was him that miscalculated the space they needed and as a result its on him for the loss because it threw their planning off.

So either thats bullshit, and its a bit of smoke and mirrors, or its legitimate and we see a much better effort from the Pies this weekend because their planning to ground dimensions is spot on.

That said, it does seem like McCrae is meticulous with his planning so maybe there is more in that then expected.

I just don't see how the Pies adjust to the ground size on the SCG. Fremantle left them SO much space to run into on turnovers, it was like when teams bunker and hit counter attacks in soccer.

Someone posted the ground dimensions on reddit...
94jvctribjn91.png

Its clearly just shorter and narrower enough to throw them off. Found it interesting on 360 last night that McCrae said it was him that miscalculated the space they needed and as a result its on him for the loss because it threw their planning off.

So either thats bullshit, and its a bit of smoke and mirrors, or its legitimate and we see a much better effort from the Pies this weekend because their planning to ground dimensions is spot on.

That said, it does seem like McCrae is meticulous with his planning so maybe there is more in that then expected.
Oooo 2.5m from the centre circle all the way around. Such a horrible experience that they didn't foresee this crazy ground that's been around since before he could say the words 'reward for tackles'. An absolute piss take of the highest degree to try and create a false narrative for his players.

Swans pressure and system will slow them down, not the size of the ground. Just a matter if their forwards can get create the chances past the solid Pies defence.

Not more Collingwood-related posts :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:
We are in the NON GEELONG thread btw, and they are our most repeated rival in finals.
You may like this one, albeit bitter-sweet-when the monarch died in 1952, only 70 years ago, Geelong beat Collingwood in the GF.

Oooo 2.5m from the centre circle all the way around. Such a horrible experience that they didn't foresee this crazy ground that's been around since before he could say the words 'reward for tackles'. An absolute piss take of the highest degree to try and create a false narrative for his players.

Swans pressure and system will slow them down, not the size of the ground. Just a matter if their forwards can get create the chances past the solid Pies defence.
Swans definitely play that ground better than some others, but the difference isn't as drastic as the MCG vs Goomba.

Mind you, I remember watching that Swans/Pies match and I don't think it was the ground at all. The Pies players looked down on energy, like they had woken up and gone straight out on the field, and the Swans tagged the right players out of the ground.

Swans nailed their tactics, and Pies didn't nail their tactics plus they just didn't look energetic or switched on. Game could have been at the MCG and that match ends the same.

Thats why I think the Pies will be much better this weekend because if you saw them walking up the tunnel and in the first 15 minutes of the game, they were very up and about.

But Swans will win for mine. SCG aside, they have a tactical and defensive set up that doesn't get sucked up the field and into the wrong positions like Freo did. They also won't have a hostile crowd to deal with like Freo did. They looked completely out of their depth.

We are in the NON GEELONG thread btw, and they are our most repeated rival in finals.
You may like this one, albeit bitter-sweet-when the monarch died in 1952, only 70 years ago, Geelong beat Collingwood in the GF.

Yes I get it but it's too much too soon after the Mason Cox lovefest.

For those who can't get enough, an hour long Mason Cox interview

Danger on SEN .... sometimes I just wish ... he would put his media contemplations on ice in the finals.... is there any advantage to the team for him commenting on the ginavan tackle ... ?

Also I do not understand his idea that it would be good for the clubs who commit to a R1 pick to go out to four years. If a players wants to stay they wil. If they do not.. then you are compelling a player to stay when he is unhappy. Is that the players POV?

Danger on SEN .... sometimes I just wish ... he would put his media contemplations on ice in the finals.... is there any advantage to the team for him commenting on the ginavan tackle ... ?

Also I do not understand his idea that it would be good for the clubs who commit to a R1 pick to go out to four years. If a players wants to stay they wil. If they do not.. then you are compelling a player to stay when he is unhappy. Is that the players POV?
I find that last sentence and Danger's stance on that quite interesting. He's been very vocal about free agency and making player movement easier. Seems a bit inconsistent with his previous thoughts.

I also agree with you regarding the Ginnivan remarks. I can't stand Ginnivan, but lets keep that stuff in-house, no need to go highlighting anyone or any team at this time of year. Just let our footy do the talking.

I find that last sentence and Danger's stance on that quite interesting. He's been very vocal about free agency and making player movement easier. Seems a bit inconsistent with his previous thoughts.

I also agree with you regarding the Ginnivan remarks. I can't stand Ginnivan, but lets keep that stuff in-house, no need to go highlighting anyone or any team at this time of year. Just let our footy do the talking.

Id have thought it was an opportunity for hims to say .... he is a younger player..and we all have moment on the field that we learn from... or say ...thats done now Gearld time to move on... but behind the scenes if need be to just let all know not wrapped in it. Why do it on a public forum.

and then later .... after the footy is finished ...generally not specific to any player...im not wrapped in these type of tackles as I think all players need to show a duty of care for each other etc. perhaps advocate for themto be made illegal or whatever.

Seems unusual but 26 times I think was the number? More than any Melb club seems extra ordinary...yet we would not be in their top 3 to 4 rivalries? I doubt most would see them as our most ardent rivary. Id say if rivary is the give and take of pain... we have split it evenly with collingwood more than any other club.

Seems unusual but 26 times I think was the number? More than any Melb club seems extra ordinary...yet we would not be in their top 3 to 4 rivalries? I doubt most would see them as our most ardent rivary. Id say if rivary is the give and take of pain... we have split it evenly with collingwood more than any other club.
14-12 iirc. Exactly. I empathise with their fans and have alwsays respected their club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pathetic if he gets the job but oh god it would be ******* funny watching Ess fail again and re live all the drug cheating again in the media and the public after all these years

Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the AFL's coaching ranks. It makes a mockery of the AFL's sincerity about the drug issue.

Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the AFL's coaching ranks. It makes a mockery of the AFL's sincerity about the drug issue.
Like I said GWS/AFL opened that door by allowing him back into the industry ..absolute joke but you could see that this was the long term plan

He was a shit coach anyway ignoring all the cheating as it is

Like I said GWS/AFL opened that door by allowing him back into the industry ..absolute joke but you could see that this was the long term plan

He was a s**t coach anyway ignoring all the cheating as it is

I wonder how a coach would fare in any other sport if caught promoting a drug regime to their athletes?

I never really cared too much about the whole saga. No doubt a lot of clubs did a lot of things like this and they were the ones who got caught. It’s not like they won a premiership that year.

So I couldn’t care less if Hird came back.

I never really cared too much about the whole saga. No doubt a lot of clubs did a lot of things like this and they were the ones who got caught. It’s not like they won a premiership that year.

So I couldn’t care less if Hird came back.
I doubt every other club used their players like Guinea pigs and sold their records for profits and use he legal system to avoid the consequences for years all without a single apology

**** Hird

And

**** Ess

1663144059506.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back